Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2008, 20:15   #331
BHPian

Alternator update

During my visit to Concorde two days ago, the service team confirmed that only a few batches of Alternator need the replacement. My truck (Oct 2007 make) didn't need the replacement, I was told, after they cross-checked the alternator serial number with a list of "to-be-recalled" alternators.

cheers,
Old 20th November 2008, 22:00   #332
Team-BHP Support

What do you think I wash the indica with? Mineral water??
The indica monograms are much older than that of the Safari, and they did not rust after years of Bangalore water as well as Noida water.
I see so many safari's in Noida without rusted monograms.

Looks like a lack of QC

Last edited by tsk1979 : 20th November 2008 at 22:02.
Old 20th November 2008, 22:15   #333
Senior - BHPian

Tata follows sigma zero quality standards. Take a look at the nuts on your alloys. The round cap on the nut just broke off when i used the wheel spanner. There are ample places where rust happens as if for free. I am considering removing all the plates at the bottom and going for a diesel wash followed by oil spray.
I wonder what else will rust. Check out the rust pics posted by adc.
Old 21st November 2008, 01:18   #334
Team-BHP Support

I think I will get underbody rust treatment done around 10K just to be on the safe side
Old 21st November 2008, 14:21   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What do you think I wash the indica with? Mineral water??
The indica monograms are much older than that of the Safari, and they did not rust after years of Bangalore water as well as Noida water.
I see so many safari's in Noida without rusted monograms.

Looks like a lack of QC
Maybe the quality of monograms has gone bad.

Maybe the ones you have on Safari are a one off case.

Maybe some water got accumulated under or near to monograms(they might be a bit loose or gaps around them) after wash so that resulted in Rust.

But even after so many MAYBE,i would never suggest Noida water for car wash.

Noida water is terribly hard and can never suggest that to anyone.

But you can use the RO filtered water in your apartment for Car wash too.
Old 21st November 2008, 14:40   #336
Team-BHP Support

She is washed about once a month at a car wash, and I then apply formula 1 car wax to the entire body.
I think its impossible to get so much RO water as to wash the whole vehicle.
I think its a case of one off quality issue,and I will take it up on the 7500kms service which should come up next month
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:06   #337
BHPian

My clutch(2005 Dicor 3.0L) is gone within 15k so I am looking for some good quality clutch-plates etc as i have plans to bring myself all genuine parts and get repaired by a good mechanic(before closing he used to work for Nawab tata motors/ghaziabad for 5 yrs now he has opened his garage.).
I need bhp members to give me some good safari dicor clutch/oil/seal etc spare parts brands.
Also suggest am i doing right by not going to authorised workshop.
He was senior mechanic in nawab motors..if you also know some good mechanic/workshop in Noida etc.. pls do let me know..
I dn't have any warranty etc now ..
Any more suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks..

My clutch problem was discussed below:
lhttp://http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/48754-advise-tata-safari-dicor-clutch-no-pick-up-problem.html
Old 22nd November 2008, 07:28   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
She is washed about once a month at a car wash, and I then apply formula 1 car wax to the entire body.
I think its impossible to get so much RO water as to wash the whole vehicle.
I think its a case of one off quality issue,and I will take it up on the 7500kms service which should come up next month
Its actualy not a bad idea. You will need about 20 litters if you use a sponge. I need about 10 liters for the Indica.
Getting the underbody treatment is realy good. My 4 year old Indica is kind of brandnew from the bottom. Got it done on the new Safari too. It will be a good idea to stand and guide while they spray. The workers tend to save on the spray.A little tip to him would be helpful. One area you must not miss is the side foot stands- these are kind of addons and have a bad quality welds with paint coming off the welded areas. 3M guys always miss out on that. Also the wheel wells where the metal is thin.
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:39   #339
BHPian

dadu, did you visit the sc today as you were supposed to? please share the outcomes if you had been there.

received a call from concorde two days back and today morning a person dropped in at my home to check the suspension and battery and lights, wipers, indicators, door screws, fuse and ac etc., all small things, i feel good about it but sure left me wondering why suddenly that is.. i did make it a point to mention in the customer satisfaction survey to give an 8 out of 10, first time, reason being the squeaking brakes and the ever present gasp which they haven't been able to solve after 3 visits to sc, wrote that down in the form as well, let's see how is that taken.

cheers!
Old 23rd November 2008, 11:46   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
dadu, did you visit the sc today as you were supposed to? please share the outcomes if you had been there.

received a call from concorde two days back and today morning a person dropped in at my home to check the suspension and battery and lights, wipers, indicators, door screws, fuse and ac etc., all small things, i feel good about it but sure left me wondering why suddenly that is.. i did make it a point to mention in the customer satisfaction survey to give an 8 out of 10, first time, reason being the squeaking brakes and the ever present gasp which they haven't been able to solve after 3 visits to sc, wrote that down in the form as well, let's see how is that taken.

cheers!
Yes, some "formal" followup actions are required, will inform everyone once completed. TATA is getting extremely sensitive to bad feedbacks, so you got your service at home.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:07   #341
Senior - BHPian

Guys, RO water for washing the car? You must be loving your car too much
IS your garage humidity-controlled too?
Old 24th November 2008, 18:05   #342
BHPian

Noise!!!

Guys!! Have this issue ! When i turn completely to the left or right from standstill i hear a knocking noise and sound like air is being released from a valve or something!! Is this some problem with the vehicle???
Old 24th November 2008, 18:20   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
... i hear a knocking noise and sound like air is being released from a valve or something!! Is this some problem with the vehicle???
If you're asking whether it's a problem with the vehicle or with your hearing, I'd say it's the vehicle!

Nothing serious. Just have it attended to like any of the other niggles.
Old 24th November 2008, 18:54   #344
Senior - BHPian

hey ram, i think the sound of the air being released while turning full lock is present in all safaris but it is not that evident. i mean, it can be heard only with the windows down and the vehicle at idle. so i dont think its a defect. however, there should be no knocking present.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:13   #345
Senior - BHPian

some safari's have a 'khat' sound on turning the steering fully to one side. Normally fixed by tightening the lower arm idler nut. See previous posts ( initial posts ) on this thread.

rgds
Srini

Most Viewed