Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 23:31   #3361
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Thanks Dadu. I asked with reference to this thread where Mr.4x4 addict was stranded with his family on the road and his subsequent discovery of the slave cylinder being inside the bell housing.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html

I feel atleast if its outside the bell housing, some jugadu mechanic can help fix it anywhere on the road and the vehicle wont have to be towed to a TASS to lower the gearbox.

Many Safari owners on this forum drive long distance to obscure places devoid of authorised service. In such circumstances, simple engineering helps fix problems on the road without much hassle. Its good to be better informed.
Reminds me of my episode.. the slave cylinder piston broke en route.

I was able to change gears, and ride into TASS, without major issues and was attended at TASS with minimal time as its housed outside the bell to replace it.
Rahulk76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 15:45   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Need help on TASS in Pune. I have to get the servicing (30,000kms) done in Pune. But i do not know any good TASS here. last time i gave my vehicle to one service center in Nigdi and work quality was pathetic and they even brushed my rear bumper.

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Old 24th May 2011, 15:49   #3363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi All,
Need help on TASS in Pune. I have to get the servicing (30,000kms) done in Pune. But i do not know any good TASS here. last time i gave my vehicle to one service center in Nigdi and work quality was pathetic and they even brushed my rear bumper.
Check this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...xperience.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th May 2011, 19:28   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,

A peculiar case with my friends Safari. On turning the steering wheel fully in anti-clockwise direction, and while reversing only, the front suspension on the driver's side makes slight khatak - khatak noise, what can be the cause.

His car has run a lac kms, trouble free, untouched suspension.

Please help.

Thanks.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:25   #3365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi All,

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
You can contact Rahulk76, he has expereince with most T.A.S.S there and knows them.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:34   #3366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Dear all,

A peculiar case with my friends Safari. On turning the steering wheel fully in anti-clockwise direction, and while reversing only, the front suspension on the driver's side makes slight khatak - khatak noise, what can be the cause.

His car has run a lac kms, trouble free, untouched suspension.

Please help.

Thanks.
My Safari still makes this noise, it is related to a bolt that makes khat-khat noise on turning, as told to me by TASC. Get it tightened or whatever tell them to address the problem. Although, in my car it is coming from almost last 1.2L kms and I have never bothered of curing it.
Old 28th May 2011, 10:47   #3367
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mercedised,

The service manager @ a TASC tightened the center pin. For now the problem seem to be solved.
Old 29th May 2011, 18:06   #3368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
My Safari still makes this noise, it is related to a bolt that makes khat-khat noise on turning, as told to me by TASC. Get it tightened or whatever tell them to address the problem. Although, in my car it is coming from almost last 1.2L kms and I have never bothered of curing it.
I think its the center pin bush. I also get this now and then, and they adjust it and it goes away for a 100kms.
There are lots of such "unknown" things in the safari, which I am sure even the blokes who made this card in R&D are not aware off.
My advice, if its not broken, do not get it fixed. You may end up in a worse scenario
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 12:45   #3369
BHPian

Fitting Car Stereo on the Dash

Dear Enthusiasts,

In my ownership thread I have previously mentioned that I bought DP VIDEO DP305BT and a XO Vision backup camera. Camera is good and the Car Stereo is acceptable.

The issue is the way the car stereo is positioned so low in Safari. It is not convenient to look down at the video feed when reversing. Takes my eyes off from the side and rear view mirrors and the 'added' feature is now useless :-( The one in OEM VX model is _the_ perfect!!!

Have anyone done a mod to retrofit the Car Stereo on top of the Dash? The place where we mount a GPS.

Mounting there would be convenient for my co-passenger to operate the ICE easily also to change the CD.

Your expert advise

Regards,
Mahesh

Last edited by sgmitr13 : 30th May 2011 at 12:46.
Old 30th May 2011, 21:33   #3370
Senior - BHPian

Although I have posted this in my ownership review, but foor the sake of all owners I would like to share it here once again; I got the radiator of the car cleaned, quite a bit of rust and waste was found. Costed 700 Rs.
Old 31st May 2011, 00:46   #3371
Senior - BHPian

did u get it flushed ??? and at TASS or outside
Old 31st May 2011, 08:11   #3372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
did u get it flushed ??? and at TASS or outside
Not flushed. The radiator was removed and then manual cleaning was done. Not at TASS but outside at my local mechanics garage. I did it because recently when the radiator of my 10 years old Indica was opened there was 1Kg of rust waste that was clogging the radiator.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:58   #3373
BHPian

My low-beam headlight focus is parallel to road.Whatever position of switch i select it goes up & it doesn't come down. position 3 of the switch is most close to the earth.As soon safari gets loaded it starts pointing towards sky.switch position 0 directly points to sky.
I changed my headlight bulbs once.Is it mechanic fault/mistake or all safaris come this way.
Please suggest any good light mechanic in Delhi-kasmiri gate region/noida/ghaziabad etc.

Can i do something myself to solve it.
Old 31st May 2011, 11:03   #3374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit26 View Post
My low-beam headlight focus is parallel to road.........Can i do something myself to solve it.
Check if this thread is of any use to you: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ght-beams.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 31st May 2011, 13:35   #3375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit26 View Post
Can i do something myself to solve it.
You can, follow this guide for safari or for that matter adjusting any E4 headlamp.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks