Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2011, 10:47   #3211
Team-BHP Support

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

But why do you want to go for a suspension overhaul? Are the shockers leaking? OR some other major issues?
Old 12th April 2011, 11:32   #3212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sumit, clutch is normally not covered under warranty. Even if there is a problem with the reverse gear, the A.S.S would cover that problem, but not the clutch itself.
If you are under 25k on odo, I guess you can get it changed for free (info I read here )

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
It depends. it can range from 10k to 14k. Clutch disk around 4k.
14k? I dont think if costed me that much!
Old 12th April 2011, 11:39   #3213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
But why do you want to go for a suspension overhaul? Are the shockers leaking? OR some other major issues?
No nothing of that sort. Preventive maintenance actually. Do you not recommend doing that?
Old 12th April 2011, 11:40   #3214
Senior - BHPian

Just my 2 cents if you are getting a paid job done never use word overhaul.
In my experience ( at Maruti *** not at TASS) if you tell them a specific job like bush replacement the labor will be reasonable but if you ask for overhaul then labor will be bomb for same bush replacement even if there is no other job to be done.
So better to let them come back and tell if it needs overhaul.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:47   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
If you are under 25k on odo, I guess you can get it changed for free (info I read here )

14k? I dont think if costed me that much!
Thank you Jyoti but can anyone else please confirm this? I really don't want to spend any money if I don't have to and yes, the reverse gear problem is getting worse with a severe stench coming on every time I reverse the vehicle on a slight incline which was definitely not there before the TASC was sitting with the vehicle for 3 months. My vehicle has done only 3685 kms. till date!
Old 12th April 2011, 12:50   #3216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Thank you Jyoti but can anyone else please confirm this? I really don't want to spend any money if I don't have to and yes, the reverse gear problem is getting worse with a severe stench coming on every time I reverse the vehicle on a slight incline which was definitely not there before the TASC was sitting with the vehicle for 3 months. My vehicle has done only 3685 kms. till date!

I can second that. It is actually 30k. I got to know from the TASS yesterday only.

Tejas
Old 12th April 2011, 12:52   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
@Sumit, Yes you can get it changed FOC if its a manufacturing defect. I have got mine changed even at 15K kms.
Old 12th April 2011, 16:23   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
I can second that. It is actually 30k. I got to know from the TASS yesterday only.

Tejas
Thank you. This information will come in handy at the TASC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
@Sumit, Yes you can get it changed FOC if its a manufacturing defect. I have got mine changed even at 15K kms.
My TASC has a habit of charging for everything. Even things which are clearly mentioned in the User's Manual as free are charged (eg. I am charged for Top Ups of fluids in the first service!). I don't think that they will consider this a manufacturing defect!
Old 12th April 2011, 17:58   #3219
Distinguished - BHPian

@Sumit, fluids are consumables. Will normally be charged, unless T.A.S.S does a good-will top-up.

Can you check & share the part in the users manual where it says it is free ?
Old 12th April 2011, 18:35   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Sumit, fluids are consumables. Will normally be charged, unless T.A.S.S does a good-will top-up.

Can you check & share the part in the users manual where it says it is free ?
I don't have the manual handy but I will definitely post it once I have confirmed. I am talking about coolant top ups which are to be done in case of leaking coolant reservoir, etc. I read somewhere on the forums that these are to be done for free since these are an outcome of shoddy Tata QC and faulty component which is not due to fault of the customer. Similarly, my TASC charged me for the faulty power window which was due to stiff rubber beading. Every other owner who had this problem fixed did not pay a penny whereas my TASC made me pay 310/- for the lubricant.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:51   #3221
Senior - BHPian

The case of coolant leaking due to Faulty Radiator Cap was of Tanvir's and its totally fair as well.

How can TATA charge the customer for the coolant lost due to a faulty part.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:53   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Oils, grease, lubricants, emery paper, coolants etc. are chargeable as consumables, I doubt if the manual says otherwise. Leakages could be a manufacturing defect, so they will repair the cause of leakage but you will be charged for the replacement of leaked fluid nevertheless.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:59   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
The case of coolant leaking due to Faulty Radiator Cap was of Tanvir's and its totally fair as well.

I was charged in both the 2 services for coolant top-ups which was due to a leaky reservoir and pipe. The TASC knew that it was the case but they were not able to determine the source of the leak until the 2nd service. This was the case in both my Safaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Oils, grease, lubricants, emery paper, coolants etc. are chargeable as consumables, I doubt if the manual says otherwise. Leakages could be a manufacturing defect, so they will repair the cause of leakage but you will be charged for the replacement of leaked fluid nevertheless.
Tanveer is of a different opinion. He has always maintained that top-ups due to a faulty component should not be charged. His TASC also concurs and does not charge for such top-ups.
Old 13th April 2011, 09:05   #3224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

I had same issue in my Safari and they replaced the cap of radiator and top up leaked coolant. They did not charge me anything. It was goodwill top-up of upto 1 litre of coolant.
Old 13th April 2011, 10:36   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I had same issue in my Safari and they replaced the cap of radiator and top up leaked coolant. They did not charge me anything. It was goodwill top-up of upto 1 litre of coolant.
Except for routine service wherein you have to pay for any change of oil, filter etc. I have never been asked to pay for any topups.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks