Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 16:19   #3091
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
where the shop fellows would have done the hard work of lifting the spare tyre onto its mount...
Quote:
Lifting that tyre single-handedly onto the door mount is a great way to quickly get a slipped disc and/or a very painfully sprained back!
So we are not sensitive towards shop fellows getting slipdisk and/or painfully sprained back.
Old 9th February 2011, 16:55   #3092
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Secondly the TASS ppl are correct. The DICOR injector get jammed inside the head and are difficult to remove and sometimes break while removing. Hence I am telling you if your vehicle is under warranty ask them to remove the injectors.

If TASS have checked for the ECU errors and have not found any then probably the injectors may be having excess back leakage. Tell the TASS to perform a static test on injectors to check the backleakage. That should give you a direction.
Ok, finally someone who works for TML I presume. Am I right?
Old 9th February 2011, 18:32   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Ok, finally someone who works for TML I presume. Am I right?
No No I am not a TML or a TASS guy. I am into repairs of Fuel Injection Equipment. We service both conventional as well as Common Rail Fuel Inejction Systems.
Old 9th February 2011, 18:54   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Similar thing happened with my Indica, I have to get the injectors cleaned. Although the problem still keeps but can be neglected now. Probably the pump setting is wrong in your case.
Quote:
Dear SumanNandy,

If your Safari is not having starting trouble theres no point in replacing the pump head. You merely require the pump to be re calibrated by putting in all the rubber parts and oil seals. It should not be a costly affair and the total cost should be around Rs2500-Rs3000.
It does happen sometimes that the diesel leaks only at a particular temperature and not all the time.
I presume your Safari is non-DICOR and the pump you are using is MICO-Bosch.
Ifits a Lucas pump then the expeses would be around Rs3000/-

Dear Suman & Mercidized

If you have recalibrated the pump have the injectors pressure reset. Set the pressure to 130kg/cm2.
If theres excess knocking then please ask the mechanic who has fit the pump to check the pump to engine timing.

Again I presume your engines to be Non-DICOR.
Please let me know if you require more assistance
thank you very much for your reply. Diesel was leaking from the pump for the past one year. First they charged me Rs. 7k-8k for pump seal replacement etc. Now they replaced the head. Diesel leakage problem is gone but the engine is extremely rough.

I will have them reset the injector pressure at the earliest and post the update.

These guys have no idea on what they are talking about. First they said that the car was running without pump recalibration all these days. Now that they have calibrated the pump, there would be a noise.

My car is a TCIC with a Bosch pump. Looks like they have already overcharged me. I have spent close to Rs. 15k on the pump.
Old 9th February 2011, 20:19   #3095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No No I am not a TML or a TASS guy. I am into repairs of Fuel Injection Equipment. We service both conventional as well as Common Rail Fuel Inejction Systems.
CRDIsamir,

Can you please help us out here with this post.. Its a pain in the neck for quiet a few of us

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2237769

Appreciate your help
Old 9th February 2011, 20:37   #3096
BHPian

Rahul will you please tell me your problem once again ?
Old 9th February 2011, 20:52   #3097
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari 2.2L ; alternator issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks guys

What they intend to do is take the alternator out and give to TVS/Bosch to check and change only the relevant part.

Will keep you all updated.
The TASS gave the alternator to TVS for servicing. Cost me 5100RS in total.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-09022011569002-large.jpg  

Old 9th February 2011, 21:03   #3098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
... the shop fellows would have done the hard work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
So we are not sensitive towards shop fellows getting slipdisk and/or painfully sprained back.
Yes we are, Anuj - you missed the plural. 2-3 people lifting the weight is less back-breaking than just one.
Old 10th February 2011, 11:21   #3099
BHPian

Quote:
Well, I am planning to rotate the 5 wheels in my safari this weekend myself by jacking up each wheel one by one. Guess it is going to be hard work and may take couple of hours.
Sincerely hoping I do not end up with a broken back or slip disc. :-)

She is at 10,000 kms now and this is first rotation, planning to stick to rotation every 10K kms.

For 5 wheel rear drive vehicle tyre rotation, this is what I gathered after some reading-
Suggestions and comments welcome from those who might've done this themselves already with Safari. I guess I can manage with just the one jack.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-tyrerotation.jpg  

Last edited by verditer : 10th February 2011 at 11:33.
Old 10th February 2011, 11:51   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Well, I am planning to rotate the 5 wheels in my safari this weekend myself by jacking up each wheel one by one...
Suresh, You may need wheel alignment before tyre rotation. Since back/spare wheel come into front it may not be balanced and would pull your car left or right.

Please confirm this from any other sources. You may visit to local alignment shop for doing this.
Old 10th February 2011, 11:56   #3101
Senior - BHPian

Well Wheel Balancing is a must as they have done 10,000KM without balancing if you rotate you may notice vague steering.

About alignment Safari has fixed Caster and Camber , In fact the camber nut is welded and for caster shim adjustment is required which only a workshop can do. Only Toe can be adjusted but the toe value for VTT is quite different then +30' ~ -30'' range alignment shops use.

So don't waste money in alignment and get it done at 15K , 30K service at *** itself. Just do balancing and rotation.
Old 10th February 2011, 12:24   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Suresh, You may need wheel alignment before tyre rotation. Since back/spare wheel come into front it may not be balanced and would pull your car left or right.

Please confirm this from any other sources. You may visit to local alignment shop for doing this.
Thanks for the input Anuj. Yes, I did alignment at around 7500kms at Madhus. But did not do balancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well Wheel Balancing is a must as they have done 10,000KM without balancing if you rotate you may notice vague steering.

About alignment Safari has fixed Caster and Camber , In fact the camber nut is welded and for caster shim adjustment is required which only a workshop can do. Only Toe can be adjusted but the toe value for VTT is quite different then +30' ~ -30'' range alignment shops use.

So don't waste money in alignment and get it done at 15K , 30K service at *** itself. Just do balancing and rotation.
Thanks Amit. Yes, I plan to do the rotation myself and then do the wheel balancing at a tyre center, or if time doesn't permit will do both at tyre center. .
Old 10th February 2011, 12:36   #3103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
Thanks for the input Anuj. Yes, I did alignment at around 7500kms at Madhus. But did not do balancing.

Thanks Amit. Yes, I plan to do the rotation myself and then do the wheel balancing at a tyre center, or if time doesn't permit will do both at tyre center. .
Well tyre center will need to dismount the wheels anyway for balancing and they will charge money so why not ask them to rotate as well. About alignment search in this thread my experience wrong toe value can create issues. The 2.2 VTT toe is 3'XX'' to -3'XX'' ( don't remember correct figure now) and not the usual 30'' to -30'' of older Safaris and Sumos and other vehicles
Old 11th February 2011, 10:32   #3104
BHPian

Amit - thanks for the info.. This is new to me.
I did alignment at Madhus a month or so ago and I think they set it for -30 and +30.
So it is not the right value then, and ofcourse, my Safari does pull to the right under hard braking. Was planning to go to TASS one of these days to fix it and couple of other minor stuff.

Digged out your old post here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1828126

You've mentioend 3 degree and few meters.

Probably I'll just do Balancing and Rotation this time, and do alignment later at TASS only.
Old 11th February 2011, 11:50   #3105
BANNED

Re: Tata Safari 2.2L ; alternator issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The TASS gave the alternator to TVS for servicing. Cost me 5100RS in total.
What spares were replaced? The labour seems to be on the higher side as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks