Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:44   #2821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
...The TASS says drums are covered but not the front discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Rubbish. Rest assured, discs are as much covered under warranty as drums.
What a set of jokers!

If drums, why not discs?

Give them a ear full! And when you get the feedback form and call, make sure you mention this and how you feel.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:44   #2822
Team-BHP Support

Discs are not just covered under warranty, they are covered under extended warranty as well!
Remember, many TASS people will try to make money even on under warranty items. I have lost quite a bit to Sanya motors Okhla and Automobile Sterling due to this. Do not make my mistakes.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:55   #2823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Has anybody got their discs replaced under warranty.
On at least two occasions, the last was at around 80k kms IIRC
Old 22nd November 2010, 12:22   #2824
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the quick responses. I will take them to task now. Great to get so many responses so quickly

Thanks
Old 22nd November 2010, 13:40   #2825
Team-BHP Support

There is a sort of clang type sound, similar to a sound made when you go over a manhole, whenever I march from standstill. This is coming from somewhere in the rear diff
In very silent environments(eg late night) I can hear a faint hum while turning from the rear. However it does not always come.
Something wrong with LSD?
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:00   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The clang when marching from standstill may not necessarily indicate any problem. The hum - I'm not sure. Try taking a sweeping left handed or right handed curve (you know the types when you're getting off a flyover?) & keep an ear open for any clanging or clanking. If there is any, then its time to have the LSD checked.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:02   #2827
BHPian

Looks like you need to get the Trunk lock kit (also called the LSD kit in TASS parlance) changed.
I (and i guess Suman) got this changed as we too had the same noise from the rear when starting from standstill. This sound is more pronounced when you make a left/right turn at slow speeds or when the car moved from stationary when it is parked at an awkward angle (not all four wheels in the same plane)

Quote:
There is a sort of clang type sound, similar to a sound made when you go over a manhole, whenever I march from standstill. This is coming from somewhere in the rear diff
In very silent environments(eg late night) I can hear a faint hum while turning from the rear. However it does not always come.

Last edited by trance_nut : 22nd November 2010 at 14:05.
Old 23rd November 2010, 18:18   #2828
BHPian

I have been having a problem for quite sometime. Somehow it has not been solved.
When I reverse and turn the wheel extreme right, then there is a clang sound from the front. They told me that it had to do with the centre pin. This was tightened and infact a local judgar was done when a extra washer was put. They told me that this is the final solution. After a couple of days of driving it has started again. What I have also noticed now that the turning radius (which as it is not too great in a Safari) has now become even worse.

What is the problem and what is the solution.

Do advice.
Old 24th November 2010, 10:47   #2829
BHPian

There is an iPod connector cable supplied to me with the Safari, but I can't find where I should connect it to the Alpine music system? There isn't any such plug holes.
Can someone tell me how to connect the iPod to the Alpine?
Old 24th November 2010, 11:59   #2830
BANNED

Ok, after 2 years and much to my suprise the Safari is still pretty much working ok, except the interior light above the dashboard falling off for no reason again!

Now the latest thing happend last night whilst driving, suddenly the instument cluster backlight stopped working, I had checked the fuse under the steering column and it is fine, anyone have any ideas, i'm too scared to take it to any tata authorised service station over hear, as too many bits and pieces go missing or are left over in their spare parts bin!

Can anyone advise where to start diagnosis?

Cheers,

Stefan
Old 24th November 2010, 12:30   #2831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verditer View Post
There is an iPod connector cable supplied to me with the Safari, but I can't find where I should connect it to the Alpine music system? There isn't any such plug holes.
Can someone tell me how to connect the iPod to the Alpine?
You need to contact TASS for putting IPod cable connection. Actually port is at the back side of Alpine music system. They will bring from back and IPod side they will keep in glove box for connecting IPod.
Old 24th November 2010, 17:35   #2832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You need to contact TASS for putting IPod cable connection. Actually port is at the back side of Alpine music system. They will bring from back and IPod side they will keep in glove box for connecting IPod.
You can do it yourself. However you need to have the HU removal keys (normally small metal bands which can be inserted on either side of the HU and pull it out). Once the HU is out you can attach the cable yourself.
Old 24th November 2010, 17:36   #2833
BHPian

Ipod connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You can actually do it yourself, I did it for mine...
You have to pull out the Alpine Head Unit with the supplied two metal thingies. U dont have to unplug anything, just plug in one end of the cable (the other side of the ipod connector) into the back of the Head Unit, u will find the slot without a problem. Then route the cable into the glove box (there are a lot of big gaps all over) where u can plug in & store your ipod.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:18   #2834
BHPian

+1 from me. I got my discs changed under extended warranty. However, they said only discs wont be changed and they should put in new pads as well when discs are changed else there could be uneven wear on the discs. The pads are not covered by warranty I was told and they charged me Rs 2100 for them (Labour free under extended warranty :-))
Quote:
Discs are not just covered under warranty, they are covered under extended warranty as well!
Remember, many TASS people will try to make money even on under warranty items. I have lost quite a bit to Sanya motors Okhla and Automobile Sterling due to this. Do not make my mistakes.
Old 25th November 2010, 13:39   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Engine Jerk Issue update

Today I visited KHT for comprehensive checkup of jerk problem in engine. However in my Safari it is not frequent but occasionally I get that. Service Head of Safari at KHT Ramesh did thorough checkup and checked all vacuum hoses and cleared the sedimenter.

Meanwhile before starting I PMed verditer also as he is facing this issue too frequently. I went for test drive on my Safari with Ramesh for 10 - 12 Kms. Not a single time problem jerk appeared. All acceleration was very smooth. They checked the ECU too and there was no error codes.

By then verditer also reached KHT upon my call and we then went for 20 - 24 Kms of drive on his Safari (Black color EX) along with Ramesh. Not a single time this problem appeared in verditer's Safari as well. While returning verditer himself drove and confirmed there is no jerk. In the today morning itself he felt this problem.

We took 2 - 3 days time and will report to KHT after 2-3 days about the jerk reappearance if any.

KHT Service People were more than generous to help us for our reported issue. They spent 2-2.5 hours just to check the issue. Thanks to them.

Last edited by anujmishra : 25th November 2010 at 13:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks