Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 11:28   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
That is my dilemma - this is the [15,000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier] service for me. Should I get these done?
I had the 15k kms service done in Oct. Front diff oil was looking quite new when being drained. Both diff oils were changed and also the diesel filter. Since you have done only half of the specified kms, fuel filter may not need a change. I gathered that though the manual does not say that, fuel filter is routinely changed at 15k service. As you'd know it costs approximately 2.5k. I didn't have to worry since i had AMC.
But I feel changing oils does not cost much and is always good - even if the use of front diff is so rare as in my case :-)
Old 17th November 2010, 11:41   #2792
Team-BHP Support

The EGR is water cooled. From performance and mileage perspective, there is no noticeable difference
Old 17th November 2010, 13:38   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Kairalee thanks for the link. I will try this out over this weekend. Even at Highway I kept her below 2000 rpm mostly.. Will rip her once a while.

Anuj, Kairalee' link has discussion. He must have done this at our mileage only.

Yes, I did this at around the same mileage, but just make sure that you do this only when the engine is at optimum operating temperature - when the temperature guage needle is at the middle. So drive it around (or keep the engine on) for a while till the needle is at the middle and then begin revving up.
Old 18th November 2010, 08:35   #2794
BHPian

Does Tata Safari has differential lockers?

There is a comment on the video -
Quote:
Have you affixed some difflockers ??

It seems that the front axle is locked ?
Please click on the video to open the Youtube Page for viewing the comment.

I don't quite understand the question, hence is this query.
Can someone please help me understand the question posted there and suggest an answer?
Old 18th November 2010, 14:55   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
I had the 15k kms service done in Oct
Thanks for your inputs Viju. Other than the routine checks/cleaning/greasing that goes with any service, I got the following done, as advised by the manual as well as the SA:

* Engine oil change
* Oil filter change
* Fuel filter change
* Front/rear diff oil changed

The bill came to INR 0.00 since I was covered under AMC

Last edited by cool_dube : 18th November 2010 at 14:57.
Old 18th November 2010, 20:18   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Rain Water Seeping from under the dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Yes, somewhere near the accelerator, I suspect. Am really gone MAD on this problem. it's been 2 years since this problem persists and nothing done by TASS. Will get their neck under my thighs, this time I go there.
Were you able to get the water seeping from under the dashboard fixed. My Safari also has this problem and water collects just under the Cluth and Brake pedals during rains. I talked to TASS and they say they will need to open the entire dashboard to figure out and plug the leak.

What is the advise of Gurus on the forum, should I get the dashboard opened, I am not sure if they will be able to put it back together properly.

Manik

Last edited by Traveler : 18th November 2010 at 20:20. Reason: Mentioning Subject
Old 18th November 2010, 21:54   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post
Were you able to get the water seeping from under the dashboard fixed. My Safari also has this problem and water collects just under the Cluth and Brake pedals during rains. I talked to TASS and they say they will need to open the entire dashboard to figure out and plug the leak.

What is the advise of Gurus on the forum, should I get the dashboard opened, I am not sure if they will be able to put it back together properly.

Manik
Can you open bonnet and check the rubber cover/cap that is located on the body under the brake cylinder ? I do not know what is it called, but its kind of a dust cover which lets water IN if not fixed properly. I got this correctly fixed and seepage seems lesser.

Also check the damping rubbers on the front door as well as the ones besides the windshield on the A pillar. Ensure the wiring is properly seated and closed especially on the doors. I am not able to explain much in detail but kind of know the basics of the problem.

Please open the right side fender and check the corner that is above the wheel arch for any cracks/holes. Previous safari had a similar issue.

And if the dashboard needs to be opened, please have TASS do that for you as its their responsibility. I did face leak problems but no more, though condensation water still falls on my legs from the ac pipe !!
Old 18th November 2010, 22:02   #2798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Can you open bonnet and check the rubber cover/cap that is located on the body under the brake cylinder ? I do not know what is it called, but its kind of a dust cover which lets water IN if not fixed properly. I got this correctly fixed and seepage seems lesser.

Also check the damping rubbers on the front door as well as the ones besides the windshield on the A pillar. Ensure the wiring is properly seated and closed especially on the doors. I am not able to explain much in detail but kind of know the basics of the problem.

Please open the right side fender and check the corner that is above the wheel arch for any cracks/holes. Previous safari had a similar issue.

And if the dashboard needs to be opened, please have TASS do that for you as its their responsibility. I did face leak problems but no more, though condensation water still falls on my legs from the ac pipe !!

Check my post. I am yet to post pix. I tried the silicon option failed as TASS already had put MSeal. I might give it another try if I can break the MSeal.
Old 18th November 2010, 22:35   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

@sen: Safari doesn't have differential locks. The 4x4 version has Limited Slip differential at the back. Not in front.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:07   #2800
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@sen: Safari doesn't have differential locks. The 4x4 version has Limited Slip differential at the back. Not in front.
AFAIK LSD is standard across safari version.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:29   #2801
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
AFAIK LSD is standard across safari version.

No Sir. Only 4x4 versions have LSD. Check the specs on the Safari Dicor website:

"Limited slip differential in 4*4 version"

Tata Safari
Old 19th November 2010, 10:33   #2802
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2141504

The bad part, oil level showed somewhere, bet min/max today morning and the oil seperator is shining like new and oil can be seen in & around the air-intake pipe.

Please advise..
Rahul
Old 19th November 2010, 10:40   #2803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Guys,

The bad part, oil level showed somewhere, bet min/max today morning and the oil seperator is shining like new and oil can be seen in & around the air-intake pipe.

Please advise..
Rahul
Rahul I saw this on your thread as well , well sorry I have no input from my side but just a request.
Can you please post a picture marking where exactly is oil separator and where do you see oil on air intake pipe for benefit of others.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:41   #2804
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Thanks 4x4addict for the update.

I was under the impression that 4x2 had LSD.
I had taken my beast to sand dunes , slippery hair pins at rohtang pass last Aug, it was raining like any thing and there were 5 or 6 hairpins where the sumos were skidding and sliding. We could climb easily with out any effort.

Last edited by v&v : 19th November 2010 at 10:42.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:03   #2805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Guys,

Please advise..
Rahul
Check you thread, replied there, Oil separator might need replacement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks