Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2008, 15:52   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Adding myself to the AC fuse list.
I've had 3 fuse blowouts till now. Condenser fan has been changed once.But,in vain ...
+1!

After 3 blown fuses (AC Condenser Fan) and with no obvious reason or remedy, I carry a few spare ones. Can be a real pain if it blows during rains - can't keep the windows up since the windshield starts fogging up, can't allow rain in by keeping it down.
Old 26th October 2008, 17:02   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
somehow all the rattles and squeaks stop right the time one approaches the service station and continues to maintain absolute silence all throughout the test drive and till the time i for one leave the magical radius from the ss, this murphy guy was a genious..
Isn't that how it always happens . Have had the same thing happen to all my cars. Any intermittent noise or fault will never appear in the service centre or during a test drive .

I have also had two AC condensor fuse blow outs already in the last two months. Yet to take it to the TASC to get it checked. Seeing that others are having the same issue makes one wonder if it is a fault in the electrical design! The other issue with this is that the 25 A mini fuse used here does not seem to be easily available - was never in stock when I checked and as a result am currently running a 30A in its place. Need to get that changed ASAP.
Old 30th October 2008, 19:22   #258
Senior - BHPian

Hiccup "solution" revisited

I had read in one of the posts (which i cannot find now) someone looking at a "one time solution", alternative to System D.

Start using the Name:  new.gif
Views: 859
Size:  379 Bytes BG244. The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-244.jpg

As per company information.

Safe for all diesel engines including those with turbo chargers and particulate filter systems. Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor safe.

Symptoms:

Hesitation or Flat Spots?
• Rough Idle?
• Poor Fuel Consumption?
• Lack of Power?
• Poor Acceleration?
• Excessive smoke?

Cleans away accumulated deposits from:

• Dirty or Clogged Fuel Injectors
• Carbon Deposits on Intake Components, Valves or Combustion Chambers
• A Clogged EGR System or Particulate Filters
• A Clogged Catalytic Converter

Why is it so Effective:

A main contributory factor is a key active ingredient called Polyether-amine. As acknowledged by the Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA - Engine Manufacturers Association), PEA as it is commonly known, is the only recognised and approved chemical compound for dissolving and removing hard baked carbon deposits. BG 244® contains a strong Polyetheramine compound (considerably more than in other cleaners or fuels alone) and is mixed to produce a propriety formula.

Note:System D also uses PEA's.

Usage:

Can be used at every 12000 to 14500 Km's interval. Just add the bottle contents to the tank. One can (325ml) of BG 244 treats up to 60 litres diesel fuel.

Now the best part, its recommended by TATA Motors. BG44 is for Petrol and BG244 for diesel.

To buy contact the South Asia Distributor

I hope this is an alternative for System D measures at every fill.

Source: BG
Old 31st October 2008, 10:41   #259
Senior - BHPian

Whats the price for this BG product ?
Old 31st October 2008, 11:15   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Whats the price for this BG product ?
TATA Motors quote it at INR844, Concorde here doesn't have the stocks, so couldnt find the exact price. But you can call them in Delhi( phone in the "Contact Us" link) for details and if you call, can you please also find out where is it available in Bangalore ??.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:19   #261
BHPian

Just an update...

I have just received a call from TASS asking me to come down for an alternator change. The person who phoned up did not know the reason for the change.

I know that JK has had his changed. How many more have been asked to come down for an upgrade ?

When they change (may be next week) the alternator, I hope that it will proove (to myself atleast ) a wierd theory, of mine, that I have as regards the Krrr sound. Will update on this this later.

May be I will get the 2nd service done at the same time - if time permits.
Old 4th November 2008, 18:02   #262
Senior - BHPian

service camp

Got a call from TASS on hosur road for a free checkup camp on this sunday 9th Nov. Not sure if it is related to the camshaft pulley recall or something else.

Any other Bangalore owners got a call ?

rgds
Srini
Old 4th November 2008, 18:50   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Got a call from TASS on hosur road for a free checkup camp on this sunday 9th Nov. Not sure if it is related to the camshaft pulley recall or something else.

rgds
Srini
My bad luck I need to travel abroad on sunday for a week. Any way I did
not receive any call from TASS , On my last visit to Concord on Hosur road about a week back I asked about Camgear but Service Advisors
showed total ignorance on this issue. Srini If you are going there can you find the last batch they are recalling ( Mine is manufactured in June as per chasis number coding and some QC stickers are of May)

Also an update from my side on squeeking noise on full right and going up on a ramp in Multi level car park , As usual I could not reproduce the problem , TASS blamed the Alloy wheels for this noise and suggested a little trimming of the interior plastic of the front bumper. After this noise is gone while climbing up the ramp but a spring like sqeek on full right turn is still audible while coming down the MLCP ramp and applying breaks .

So there were 3 problems related to noise on full right turn.
(1) Steering idler nut adjustment being unequal causing khat sound on
full right while going up :- Solved on my first visit by steering idler adjustment.

(2) Rubbing of tyre with front bumper inner lip on full right causing rubbing noise while going up on ramp. Solved by trimming the inner lip of the front bumper from inside.

(3) Sqeeking noise on full right while coming down on MLCP , Still remaining in my safari and yet to dignose the cause , I do not think this is tyre rubbing but I may be wrong.

Positive is that after all this trial and error turn radius is quite manageble for city drive. I singly could not figure out why in th 2.2 Safari Tata Moters could not leave enough clearence in the wheel well to avoid all this plastic trimming by customers on thier own.

Also on rough roads I hear a faint door squeek from behind TASC assured the solution but no improvement. For such small jobs they do not open Job card and waste half day as the work is unscheduled and on return I find the problem still exists.

Regards
Amit
Old 4th November 2008, 19:07   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

rgds
Srini
I think its a generic one, I had got the same call from Mysore road, few weeks back. Attend only if you have any issues to resolve, otherwise its just bodywash and thank you.

Last edited by dadu : 4th November 2008 at 19:09.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:07   #265
Senior - BHPian

I had my alternator changed by the TASS before diwali. It was part of a recall by TML due to voltage fluctuations in the old alternator faced by many customers. Thats what I was told. The new alternator will result in lesser blown fuses. Not that I had any.

I have also noticed a reduction in the krrr noise and overall engine noise since.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:18   #266
Senior - BHPian

Stepney tyre replacement by TML.

I had an issue with the dealer providing me with a faulty used stepney at the time of delivery. This was not noticed until the time of my first puncture(6 months after purchase) during the Spiti loop I did in Sept. Result was that I had to do the whole trip without a stepney.
The dealer washed his hands off the issue and put the onus on me, saying that I had used it. I wrote to TML stating my case that I had been shortchanged & conned by the dealer at the time of delivery. No customer ever takes out the stepney cover and checks the stepney tyre on the inside rim for faults while taking delivery . TML directed the dealer to replace the tyre. I got a new stepney just before diwali. My case was genuine and I guess that was my Diwali gift.
The point to note here is that the dealer just refused to accept fault and conveniently washed its hands from the issue. I am glad that TML is seriously watching over its customer feedback. I wonder what would happen to a customer if the company did not listen at all.

Thanks TML.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:21   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Thanks TML.
Jay, it's your turn now.
Give them a Diwali gift - your Spiti Loop travelogue!
Old 5th November 2008, 11:20   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Jay, it's your turn now.
Give them a Diwali gift - your Spiti Loop travelogue!
Ji Mathurji. I was thinking on the same lines...
But then, one filmy american cop statement comes to my mind always.
'Anything you say can & will be used against you.'
And once the travelogue passes on to my dealer, thereafter, every problem with my Safari will be associated with offroad activities & misuse.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:28   #269
Senior - BHPian

I have observed a new problem recently.
The temp reading in the display is erratic, displaying readings of 6*,8*, 15* in Mumbai.
How much I wish it were true.
Last time I went to the TASS just before Diwali, I told the manager that I might soon have to rent out an accomodation closeby considering the number of times I visit the TASS.
This brings me to another point of perspective in the Safari ownership.
Visiting the dealership has become a part of my life. The next visit reason & date comes up within a few days of the last visit. Now that speaks a lot about customer loyalty. Doesnt it!!!!
And shouldnt I be rewarded for that!!
Old 5th November 2008, 11:36   #270
Senior - BHPian

The temp reading is nothing but the temp outside of the vehicle, it has got no relation to any of the vehicle operations or the engine.

Usually helpful in Cold countries during morning start to give an indication of outside temp.

I dont understand why do you have to visit them for each and every thing.

For a show-stopper problem visit immediately, for small ones wait for them to accumulate or the next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I have observed a new problem recently.
The temp reading in the display is erratic, displaying readings of 6*,8*, 15* in Mumbai.
How much I wish it were true.
Last time I went to the TASS just before Diwali, I told the manager that I might soon have to rent out an accomodation closeby considering the number of times I visit the TASS.
This brings me to another point of perspective in the Safari ownership.
Visiting the dealership has become a part of my life. The next visit reason & date comes up within a few days of the last visit. Now that speaks a lot about customer loyalty. Doesnt it!!!!
And shouldnt I be rewarded for that!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks