BHPian

@condor
@amitk

thanks
Old 28th September 2010, 19:16   #2657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Can you give some gyan on this part.. (PM me if possible)
Re your PM, you already found something on it.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:52   #2658
Senior - BHPian

Just a quick update, My safari is near 50000 km and during general service concorde said they need to replace rear link (or is it linkrod) bushes, he said totally 8 bushes and cost is around 3000/- This is 6+ years old Petrol safari and few days I confirmed after checking bushes need replacement although didn't tell concorde but they found it which is good sign.

Please pour feedback about if linkrod has 8 bushes at rear and cost of 3000/- is reasonable.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:32   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Last week during the mini meet we had Anuj pointed out in his new Safari that the airflow adjustment knob did not operate smoothly, it was sort of stuck in one position and it was taking a lot of effort to switch the positions from one direction of air flow to another.

Today, I tried the same in my Safari and found that even in my car the switch was not operating smoothly, anyone else here having similar issues?

What could be the solution? I am anyway giving the vehicle for service next week and will ask the ASC to look into it. I would like to know if there is any particular part in the switch assembly to be looked into specifically?

Cheers.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:37   #2660
Team-BHP Support

Same problem in my safari too. When vehicle was under warranty, I gave this complaint multiple times, but no proper fix was found. Now I do not want to report this complaint as they will replace the console and charge $$$
Old 29th September 2010, 19:54   #2661
BHPian

Does anyone recommend KHT motors in BLR for service of truck -2.2 VTT 4x4 Ex at 15K km? It is due in a few days of run and I'll need to travel to Kerala after a week.

Please comment.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:01   #2662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijuvarghese View Post
Does anyone recommend KHT motors in BLR for service of truck -2.2 VTT 4x4 Ex at 15K km? It is due in a few days of run and I'll need to travel to Kerala after a week.

Please comment.
Viju, KHT motors is good if you have any rapairs to do for the vehicle. For normal service I would recommend the new Prerana Motors on Hosur road. In my personal experience KHT motors bills more for any type of job.
Old 1st October 2010, 17:14   #2663
BHPian

Thanks LionX. Since they are new to me and not many members seem to be their customers (for service/repairs), i decided to stick with CM on Hosur rd. Their Mysore road facility is too far for me and do not want to get into the mess on that road.

Now at least everyone from advisors, mechanics and manager know me at CM on Hosur rd, many not be very pleasantly though. The result of escalations has been that I get preferential treatment now!

Now am typing this message from the workshop.
Old 1st October 2010, 22:59   #2664
BHPian

one questionthough its more of a driving help

i am new to diesel cars

today i moved my car out of parking lot

as i moved up i had yo break on an incline due to car ahead

it was steep incline

after a few mibs when i pressed clutch with gear in first for lifting car and floored the gas pedal i could not get rpm and car moved back

luckily i pulled hand braje then put in first pressed gas oedal and when it reved i released the handbrake and moved on

i have also observed this while recetsing on an steep incline

am i doung something wrong

pls guide

to explain in brief when i was about to pick the car on incline and pressed the gas pedal the engine dud not rev

this happens sometimes on steep inclines

do suggest

i am going on nh17 which have lots of ghat section

so should i always use parking brake on incline and let go when engine revs
i never had thus problemwith my gypsy
Old 2nd October 2010, 09:19   #2665
Distinguished - BHPian

@lodra: This is a problem with any small capacity deisel engine which depends on the turbo to spool up for torque/bhp. I have faced a similar situation on an extremely steep slope in my Scorpio as well. In an extremely sleep slope, don't release the clutch like you normally do on level road. Bring the RPM up above 1500 so the turbo is engaged and then release the clutch the engine rpm will continue to pick up. In a very sleep slope if you release the clutch before the turbo spools the engine cannot generate enough rpm due to the load of the vehicle pulling it back down the slope.
Old 2nd October 2010, 18:54   #2666
BHPian

thanks dude

so u suggesting on a sterp slope i engage the parking brake then put in first gear depress clutch and gas pedal slowly release clutch till i find rpm abive 2500 and then let go parking brake

i am doing this but its being extremely irritating

sometimes gives me the creeps

what if i am stuck on a slope in a ghat on sliw moving traffic

one solution was to balance car on vlut h and gss but u cannot do it for periods

and here not sure how wxactly to lift it

can u suggest a simple methid

i tried urs and it was useful
Old 3rd October 2010, 07:17   #2667
BHPian

Vacuum Hoses

Has anyone changed the vacuum hoses for Vacuum Modulator, Turbocharger, EGR valve & throttle valve ?
As per the service schedule, this is supposed to be done @60K.Mine has done 74K and wanted to get it done during the next servicing(somehow I missed this during 60K service and the TASC did not oblige either !).

Also,what's the expected life of the drive belts,any idea ?
Old 3rd October 2010, 16:59   #2668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
Also,what's the expected life of the drive belts,any idea ?
Drive belts are normally changed at the 80k service for the 3 litre, not sure what it is for the 2.2, should be there in the manual.
Old 4th October 2010, 11:20   #2669
Team-BHP Support

I intend to get it done at 60K since thats what the service manual says.
Old 4th October 2010, 14:30   #2670
BHPian

@lodhra

For a normally loaded safari 2.2, you have plenty of torque to climb reasonable gradient without resorting to handbrake and waiting for the turbo to spool up. Check your car for excess rolling resistance - keep up the normal tire air pressure. Unload excess weight if you plan on climbing steep mountain.

In fact you can dispense with the spare tire when you are driving in city. I have climbed almost all mountains in the south and I have never felt any lack of power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks