Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 09:17   #2641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I know JK but as you continue reclaiming your life, TATA tries reclaiming your Bank account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Yeh.. they change it for free during warranty and then reclaim every penny back from you post warranty... I wonder who is reclaiming from who. Its probably the customer trying to reclaim his life while TML reclaims his back account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Don't scare me. If TML tries to reclaim the 3.5 lakhs of parts changed under warranty, I will go totally backrupt
Hehe. I just add one more line to my prayer when I pray.
The good side with 2.2L is that the engine should be good else it wont have gone into the Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
okkkkay... so am i looking for oiliness?

+1 to that jk...

ever the optimist man...ever the optimist! it can bite you in the bum sometimes though...

cheers guys,
ak
What's your odo? I donno how many here had passed 70k. Engine is bloody smooth and silent.

Just tell me from where it bloody leaks water though the wiring and how I can fix it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Today I observed momentarily loss of power (0.5 - 1 sec) in second and third gear while accelerating after lowering gear. This is not frequent but observed some 4 - 5 times today. Does anyone observed this? What could be the issue. Safari is only 250 Kms on ODO. Please note during this time no lights in dashboard comes. Just feeling.
Which gear were you in? And at what rpm? Maybe you were not in the power-band .
Old 27th September 2010, 09:40   #2642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
If after that moment, you experience a greater power from the engine, it might be a monetary lapse when the the turbocharger is firing. DO you need to repress the accelerator to get the engine power again? Are you sure there is no service light in dashboard in that moment?
It generally happens when I lower gear from 4 to 3 or 3 - 2 near speed breaker or so. After crossing speed breaker while accelerating in 2 or 3 it starts with punch but at a moment I feel there is little lack in power for half a second or so and then again engine regain power. It happens with constant/increasing accelerator press. Press -> acceleration->lack of power-> acceleration. This behavior in not frequent.

There is no service light glow in dashboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Which gear were you in? And at what rpm? Maybe you were not in the power-band .
It happened mostly in 2 or 3. RPM would be around 1500 - 1900. I think turbo kicks in around 1800. Am I correct?

Last edited by anujmishra : 27th September 2010 at 09:43.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:50   #2643
BHPian

Quote:
It happened mostly in 2 or 3. RPM would be around 1500 - 1900. I think turbo kicks in around 1800. Am I correct?
My feel is turbo comes in around 2.2+ RPM. You can show this to workshop, they just spray on the crank sensor etc, and this problem should go away. This might also be a a little adjustment issue with brake/clutch sensor.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:39   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It generally happens when I lower gear from 4 to 3 or 3 - 2 near speed breaker or so. After crossing speed breaker while accelerating in 2 or 3 it starts with punch but at a moment I feel there is little lack in power for half a second or so and then again engine regain power. It happens with constant/increasing accelerator press. Press -> acceleration->lack of power-> acceleration. This behavior in not frequent.

You will find it more frequently when you try to pull after going over speedbreakers and when the engine has not warmed up fully. You will also find the speedo showing less than 10km/h.

Shift to a lower gear (1st) anytime the speed goes below 10 kmph. Dont try to pull in the 2nd at those speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
My feel is turbo comes in around 2.2+ RPM. You can show this to workshop, they just spray on the crank sensor etc, and this problem should go away. This might also be a a little adjustment issue with brake/clutch sensor.
Turbo kicks in apprx 13-1400 rpm.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:51   #2645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You will find it more frequently when you try to pull after going over speedbreakers and when the engine has not warmed up fully. You will also find the speedo showing less than 10km/h.

Shift to a lower gear (1st) anytime the speed goes below 10 kmph. Dont try to pull in the 2nd at those speeds.

Turbo kicks in apprx 13-1400 rpm.
Dadu, this problem is there with mine vehicle as well. It appears/dissapears randomly in mycase.. there since beginning.
To add to this, when it momentarily looses power, there is a puff of black smoke when it regains its composure.
Till date, TML has no answers :(
Doesnt matter, its cold or fully warmed engine .. Any comments ideas ?

My worst fear is the turbo showing its negative signs.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 27th September 2010 at 16:53. Reason: mistyped...
Old 27th September 2010, 17:47   #2646
Senior - BHPian

Took a test drive of Anuj's Vehicle could not find any momentary loss in short drive. The clutch was very very soft and smooth.

My clutch is about 100 times hard then him and they shooed me away during 2 year service sighting it as normal , now it is out of normal warranty so just thinking what is best course of action :-(
Old 27th September 2010, 18:44   #2647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
Dadu, this problem is there with mine vehicle as well. It appears/dissapears randomly in mycase.. there since beginning.
To add to this, when it momentarily looses power, there is a puff of black smoke when it regains its composure.
Till date, TML has no answers :(

Doesnt matter, its cold or fully warmed engine .. Any comments ideas ?

My worst fear is the turbo showing its negative signs.
Get your Oil Separator changed(under warranty), if that doesnt help, You can use 2 tankful of System D to be sure that the fuel system is clean.

It can be related to the Turbo actuator/ Turbo but unless we have definite continuous signs, its difficult to diagnose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Took a test drive of Anuj's Vehicle could not find any momentary loss in short drive. The clutch was very very soft and smooth.

My clutch is about 100 times hard then him and they shooed me away during 2 year service sighting it as normal , now it is out of normal warranty so just thinking what is best course of action :-(
There has been a design change in the clutch master cylinder inbetween, am not sure if your vehicle if of before or after it.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:33   #2648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Get your Oil Separator changed(under warranty), if that doesnt help, You can use 2 tankful of System D to be sure that the fuel system is clean.
Will do try that.

Quote:
It can be related to the Turbo actuator/ Turbo but unless we have definite continuous signs, its difficult to diagnose.
Can you give some gyan on this part.. (PM me if possible)

Quote:
There has been a design change in the clutch master cylinder inbetween, am not sure if your vehicle if of before or after it.
Do you remember when this was started ?
Old 28th September 2010, 11:21   #2649
Team-BHP Support

My safari's brand new clutch became very hard. Vehicle had done barely 20,000kms. As usual service center was like "its like this only".
then with intervention of customer care guys, they finally attached a pressure meter or something to the pedal, and guess what it was almost at the limit.
The entire clutch got changed under warranty, and became softer than a M800 clutch.
Now after 35000kms on this new clutch, pedal is still quite soft, and I hope this clutch will do 80K kms, and only after 100,000 I would need a replacement.
Old 28th September 2010, 13:32   #2650
BHPian

hello

a quick question

my safari has done 650km. my first month finishes on 4th oct and i have taken apptmt of 5th oct for first service

now i am going on a trip to ganapatipule so by the time i return back the odo would be somewhere around 1700-1800km

the service manual says 1000-1500km or one month whichever is earler

so will my service lapse if the odo reads above 1500
Old 28th September 2010, 14:27   #2651
Distinguished - BHPian

@Lodhra, should be ok. Make sure you give it immediately after coming back. They do make (small) allowances on such things.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:36   #2652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

It looks like this problem is disappeared for last 2 days. On Sunday I felt 5 - 6 times. I will report to Service Station while giving for first service.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:20   #2653
Senior - BHPian

@lodhra , Talk to the service manager beforehand they will make allowance for you.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:56   #2654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My safari's brand new clutch became very hard. Vehicle had done barely 20,000kms. As usual service center was like "its like this only"...
Hi tsk1979, i got the same issue as amitk26 has. Can you please pass on the Part #'s that are involved, in case an invoice was made for you, against this job. Will be helpful to us.
Old 28th September 2010, 15:59   #2655
Team-BHP Support

Entire clutch assembly was changed. Clutch was not even opened. So no question of individual part replacements.
It was long time back, so not much idea about part number and all

Most Viewed