Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:35   #2626
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
AVR - Bearing normally also means a humming sound. At 116000 kms even the bearing would be due for a replacement.
What is still bugging me is the fact that if it was purely a brake pad issue then the sounds should have come only on braking but there was one sound coming whenever the car was moving. This sound can not possibly come due to brake pads and hence am not sure if brake pads will solve the problem completely. If that squeaking sound remains then might require further investigation.
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:36   #2627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Updated came from the workshop.
Condensor fan will be replaced under warranty
Pipes will have to be paid.
Source of leakage of gas - Roof AC

From quite some time I had been hearing some gas sounds every time roof AC was working. Repeatedly I informed during service, and the answer given was that roof AC will always make some sound.
Looks like whatever tiny issue was there became a major issue and gas leaked.
If it had happened a month earlier I would have gotten warranty replacement!

So guys, if you have roof AC in your car and its under warranty, start using it every time you switch on AC. If any problem is building up, it will come up sooner, and you can same money
Same issue for me but leave was at the junction from where the pipe goes up. Tube got corroded coz of waste(?) water from AC.
Old 23rd September 2010, 16:44   #2628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
I think it would be a wheel bearing issue but not sure. It's done about 116,000 kms so far and no bearing changes yet. Also if I am going to change bearings is there something different for a 4wd Safari as compared to a 2wd given that this is a live axle. Another thing is that I don't see any increase in rolling resistance or any pull towards the left while rolling or braking.

Thoughts?

Adi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
All bearings replacement with seals could cost about 10K. The rear ones are more expensive. The Oil / grease Seals are not that expensive in the outside market.

Last time when I inquired about the rear wheel bearings TASC said that the rear wheel has 4 bearings each costing some 200-250Rs that makes only 1000Rs for rear wheel. How could the figure reach 10000Rs.
Old 23rd September 2010, 19:21   #2629
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Clutch not coming back looks like a master slave issue.
Its covered under extended warranty. So take her to the service center and see.
thought as much. and in my infinite wisdom, I DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, Clutch M/C issue. Very likely that oil is leaking. Check on both sides of the firewall.
shall duck under tomorrow. the rains in delhi make getting under ANYTHING a really big pain in the 'nether' regions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Its repairable and wont cost much if down outside. TASS might change the whole thing though instead of just bushes and sort.
yeah. according to TASS, the whole clutch replacement is about 14k and with my 3rd service due, that kinda takes the dent to the pocket in the region of 30k odd. my pocket (or lack thereof) is screaming blue murder.

shall try and get the ruddy thing done outside, and my gut is that it should probably set me back by a grand or two at the outermost. (fingers crossed of course!)

cheers guys.
ak
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:12   #2630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bIte tHe bulLet : shall duck under tomorrow.
Check inside first - above the clutch pedal. Trace it out. M/c should be approx 1.5k (that's what it was for the Sumo).
Old 23rd September 2010, 20:16   #2631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
thought as much. and in my infinite wisdom, I DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!

shall duck under tomorrow. the rains in delhi make getting under ANYTHING a really big pain in the 'nether' regions.

yeah. according to TASS, the whole clutch replacement is about 14k and with my 3rd service due, that kinda takes the dent to the pocket in the region of 30k odd. my pocket (or lack thereof) is screaming blue murder.

shall try and get the ruddy thing done outside, and my gut is that it should probably set me back by a grand or two at the outermost. (fingers crossed of course!)

cheers guys.
ak
13k???? for what! I wont cost that much, check my thread!
Old 23rd September 2010, 23:28   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, total cost for replacing both bearings without warranty is around 4000-4500
However thats for 2 bearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The 4x4 bearing is also different. Question of roadside garage doesn't arise - my confusion is that I clearly remember having a discussion at Autolinks & the cost was close to 4k (ONE only) which is why we decided to shelve it for the time being since there was no noise as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Last time when I inquired about the rear wheel bearings TASC said that the rear wheel has 4 bearings each costing some 200-250Rs that makes only 1000Rs for rear wheel. How could the figure reach 10000Rs.
I changed the bearings for 2 wheels, It cost Rs. 1000 approx. per bearing I guess.

Quote:
Check inside first - above the clutch pedal. Trace it out. M/c should be approx 1.5k (that's what it was for the Sumo).
Master cylinder will be approx. 2k, slave around 1k. Provided the design in your vehicle is the same as TCIC safari. I got it changed last year. You might also want to get the spring changed. I had similar problems. The spring costs around Rs. 40. Its a red spring, not sure what it is called.

Ideally. Master and slave should be changed as a pair.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:10   #2633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
I DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY!!!!
AK, I didn't believe what I was reading. Why not?? It costs next to nothing man!!!

And why 13k? The Master & Slave cylinders put together would cost you around 4.5k or so. Surely they're not going to change the plate & release bearing if nothing's wrong with them!

Last edited by suman : 24th September 2010 at 10:12.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:30   #2634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AK, I didn't believe what I was reading. Why not?? It costs next to nothing man!!!

And why 13k? The Master & Slave cylinders put together would cost you around 4.5k or so. Surely they're not going to change the plate & release bearing if nothing's wrong with them!
Either he missed buying one in time and he has confidence in Tata like me

Reclaiming continues @ 71k without extended warranty
Old 24th September 2010, 11:14   #2635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know JK but as you continue reclaiming your life, TATA tries reclaiming your Bank account
Old 24th September 2010, 13:54   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Yeh.. they change it for free during warranty and then reclaim every penny back from you post warranty... I wonder who is reclaiming from who. Its probably the customer trying to reclaim his life while TML reclaims his back account.
Old 25th September 2010, 09:22   #2637
Team-BHP Support

Don't scare me. If TML tries to reclaim the 3.5 lakhs of parts changed under warranty, I will go totally backrupt
Old 25th September 2010, 18:25   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
okkkkay... so am i looking for oiliness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Master cylinder will be approx. 2k, slave around 1k. Provided the design in your vehicle is the same as TCIC safari. I got it changed last year. You might also want to get the spring changed. I had similar problems. The spring costs around Rs. 40. Its a red spring, not sure what it is called.

Ideally. Master and slave should be changed as a pair.
shall change as a pair. wasn't planning on doing it any other way.. thank mano.

Quote:
missed the bus by 12 days, and believed the safari would fight all the fires that were thrown at it...

Quote:
TATA WORKSHOP - POST WARRANTY. do the math (or the thinking)

Quote:
Either he missed buying one in time and he has confidence in Tata like me

+1 to that jk...

ever the optimist man...ever the optimist! it can bite you in the bum sometimes though...

Quote:
I know JK but as you continue reclaiming your life, TATA tries reclaiming your Bank account
Quote:
Don't scare me. If TML tries to reclaim the 3.5 lakhs of parts changed under warranty, I will go totally backrupt
hahahahahaha! both you guys know tata's inside out eh! (tanveer - you more than anyone else!)

cheers guys,
ak
Old 26th September 2010, 22:18   #2639
Senior - BHPian

Momentarily Loss of Power

Today I observed momentarily loss of power (0.5 - 1 sec) in second and third gear while accelerating after lowering gear. This is not frequent but observed some 4 - 5 times today. Does anyone observed this? What could be the issue. Safari is only 250 Kms on ODO. Please note during this time no lights in dashboard comes. Just feeling.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:12   #2640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Today I observed momentarily loss of power (0.5 - 1 sec) in second and third gear while accelerating after lowering gear. This is not frequent but observed some 4 - 5 times today. Does anyone observed this? What could be the issue. Safari is only 250 Kms on ODO. Please note during this time no lights in dashboard comes. Just feeling.
If after that moment, you experience a greater power from the engine, it might be a monetary lapse when the the turbocharger is firing. DO you need to repress the accelerator to get the engine power again? Are you sure there is no service light in dashboard in that moment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks