Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 17:38   #2566
Senior - BHPian

@Lodhra:

If I were you, I would make them do the alignment now! Will not want to do 1200kms on a bad aligned wheel. This should not be there in the first place!
Old 14th September 2010, 17:55   #2567
BHPian

@happy wheels

thanks

i called them with commanding tone. they requested me that, their showrooms are packed and they do not want to rough up the job so on 25th they will do the whell alignment and given me the appointment

i leave on 2nd oct

also wil take an appointment for ist service that day

anyways i have to go back again so better at their convienince

also that guy told me that wheel alignmemt was done at PDI but somehow it may have again miscaliberated

[can this happen in 12 days of around 200km of city driving???]
Old 14th September 2010, 18:23   #2568
BHPian

Lodhra, this is unacceptable. I advice you send a mail to Tata Motors and explain this thing in detail. Let them decide what you need to do. Mention that you are going for a 1200 kms. tour and this issue has been reported to the Service Center and that they are saying that it is a minor issue. If anything goes wrong, you should not be blamed as you have already reported it. I am sure, someone will post the mail ids of Tata Motors here if you ask for it.
Old 14th September 2010, 18:27   #2569
BHPian

thank you sumit

i will do so. pls where can i fnd tml customer email , one on their website will do...

the service center has given me date of 25th, i am going on 2nd, if they do not do it on that date then they have had it

the ppl requested me that their service center is full till 24th and if they do it now it will be a rush up job

so do u think i must eb a good customer and try and give tyhe their time to keep their word
Old 14th September 2010, 19:16   #2570
BHPian

Whenever TASC does this, keep TML in the loop by sending them an email now. Will keep the TASC on the tenterhooks and will also ensure that in case there is an issue with the vehicle later, the TASC cannot put the blame on your head and wriggle out of it. off topic, didn't you notice this issue before taking delivery?
Old 14th September 2010, 20:13   #2571
BHPian

@sumit

no for the PDi test drive not allowed

after delivery my run was mostly local in mumbai from clinic to home and in crowd so no place to try the al;ignment

also one feels this issues are done

after 5 - 7 days i took the car out at night for some dinner apptr

after that since itr was late i thought lets gto for some ri9de with some music

while returning on marine drive i just left the wheel on a stretch to free my hands and observed the problem

so i checked again next day and still the prblm was there

then due to ganesh festival it got delayed

i will mail the tml ,

before that i want to just know

"is it possble that ignment can wear off in few days???"

thats what the guys at TASS say that they did the alignment at PDI

how can i be sure they did that

can the alignment go due to the car going in a pothole or something???

so i want to be sure , coz the TML are very strict these days as they are trying to im[prove customer servixce

one email from us and they notify the head of the dealers

i am thinking of long term service, do not want to end up in bad books of TASS

this is just a noob query, you ppl ahve better experiences

this is my first buy from showroom so do not kno how it works

i am of opinion like old times

"TASS ko khush rakho and theu will give u good service"

also which email i should use to inform TML
Old 14th September 2010, 20:22   #2572
BHPian

While it is possible for the alignment to go off in a dew days but since you have been driving in the city, I suspect it was not done in the first place. Now mention this too in your mail to TML. Tell them that you have been driving in the city and as such, you cannot think of anything other than the fact that the dealer did not do a proper pdi before delivery.

Don't worry, you mailing tml will not get you into the bad books of the tasc. In fact, they will treat you as a VIP as they will now be weary of you sending a mail to tml in case they screw up. I am told that tml takes customer feedback regarding service very seriously and safari customers are top priority for tml.
Old 14th September 2010, 20:42   #2573
BHPian

@sumit b

i just sent them a mail on your advise here is a copy of what i wrote

*MODS PLEASE DELETE IF INAPT" I AM WRITING THIS SO IT MAY HELP SOME OTHER NOOB LIKE ME

"Hello

I have purchased Tata Safari GX 4x2 BS4 from XXXXXXXX
mumbai on 4th september 2010

After delivery on 5-6 day when I took the car for a drive, I found the car pulling to the left and an irritable noise from the back boot

I contacted the TASS and the called me to check the vehicle

1>The irritating noise came from the back door biddding which was solved by spraying some wd40. I asked them why did it come from a new car and they said, the car must have been at TML standing [my car is July make] and hence dust gathers . He further advised me to get a bottle of wd40 incase it returns.

I would like to know, in acar worth 11.5 lacs is your component so cheap that it gets dried in span of 1 month.??

if thats the case why does not TML it self provide a free WD40 with each car??

Does TASS or should TASS change the bidding. I asked them , they said they would change it but problem will return??

2>The most important part on alignment, the supervisor told me that though there is alignment problem its a MINOR issue and would be fixed at 1st service. Now i have to go for 1200km drive, so i asked him should i do it on that problem there and he said "YES" on 1st service

I asked him, isnt it the dealership duty to do an alignment before delivering the vehice. he said yes, "BUT THE ALIGNMENT MUST HAVE COME OFF" in 3 days ???

now being a polite customer i requested him to do my alignment before i go and he agreed to do it after a 10 day gap

my questions

"WHO IS RESPONSIBLE IF I TAKE THE DEALERS WORD GO ON A TRIP AND MEET AN ACCIDENT"
"WHY IS THE TASS GIVING ME A 10DAY PERIOD WAIT EVEN IF THEY ARE JAM PACKED FOR A THING THEY MUST HAVE DONE BEFORE DELIVERY"
"WHO COMPENSATES ME FOR THE COMING AND GOING TIME TO THE TASS"

I am happy with your product, but i hope you suggest me something as your loyal customer
I have owned tata vehicles before but these service issues are a problem

also i am keeping you in loop incase anything untowards happens due to the negligence of TASS

regards and looking for some reply and soon"

i hope ur advice works

thank you

and sorry in advance to mods if this post is inapt
Old 14th September 2010, 21:15   #2574
BHPian

lodhra, this should do it. I am sure you're going to hear from TML very soon and I presume the TASC will call you even before TML calls.
Old 14th September 2010, 23:58   #2575
Senior - BHPian

@lodhra regarding your steering pull, did you check and confirm proper air pressure in all tires? Unequal pressure in front tires can sometimes lead to steering imbalance.

-bj
Old 15th September 2010, 10:34   #2576
Senior - BHPian

Rat attack in my Safari. The rodent devoured my right fender indicator wire. Thankfully he spared the ac wire next to it.
Wierd tire noise from the front right tire.
Diagnosis = tie rod requires replacement = approx 3k.
Full suspension check = suspension in good condition, though I feel the damping has become harder. Could there be a problem with the shocks..????
The TASS seems to say they are ok.
Old 15th September 2010, 18:58   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
@sumit b

i just sent them a mail on your advise here is a copy of what i wrote

i hope ur advice works

thank you

and sorry in advance to mods if this post is inapt
I sent email in the past but it never worked. You may also call the toll free number and lodge a complaint against the dealer or get the customer care number of your city and talk to them directly about the issues. In my case, they even involved the vendor to do a thorough checkup, analyze the root cause and also validate if the parts replaced at a service center were really required to be replaced for the diesel leakage problem.

New problem. When I switch on the ignition, 4H and 4L lights come on, goes off and then comes back on again. Switching on and off a couple of times does not help. After few seconds, it goes off on its own. It is happening since yesterday. What could be the potential problem? I tested 4H and 4L yesterday and it seems to be working fine.

Is it okay to drive the vehicle with both 4H and 4L on?

I had a great experience at Green Tracks yesterday. Rates are cheaper, they took very good care of the car, and the vehicle was ready before time.
Old 15th September 2010, 20:33   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
@lodhra regarding your steering pull, did you check and confirm proper air pressure in all tires? Unequal pressure in front tires can sometimes lead to steering imbalance.

-bj
did check it but will check again tomm i guess in an unladen car the press is

30 front
35 rear
Old 16th September 2010, 09:52   #2579
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Is it okay to drive the vehicle with both 4H and 4L on?

I had a great experience at Green Tracks yesterday. Rates are cheaper, they took very good care of the car, and the vehicle was ready before time.
Both 4H and 4L cannot function at the same time. The lights can though.
So, if you can feel the difference when driving between 2wd, 4H and 4L when you engage them, it is an electrical malfunction and can be rectified. Else, the transfer case needs to be examined. Also, when you disengage the 4WD in any mode, you would be able to hear the hubs unlocking. Does this happen?

But please beware that there are not too many experts on the BW transfer case and its mechanicals used.

OT: What is this Green Park and what do they do?
Old 16th September 2010, 11:20   #2580
Senior - BHPian

OK here is an update on the coolant level drop issue, I was a leak from tube. I got it fixed next day but posting update bit late ,sorry about it.

The culprit was same Achilles heel of engine bay that is the hose pipe clip. It was leaking from the return hose and the hose pipe + clips were changed for 92 rupees.

I asked for hose clamp with nuts and bolts as done before in case of PS fluid reservoir but it seems they do not have clamp with nuts and bolts in small size.

Now the big question is why there was a leak in first place. I think the hose pipe might have been disturbed during the coolant change and that loosened the hose pipe clip. Other reason is excess pressure due to excessive coolant in the tank.

Please read below carefully and check if the coolant level is correct in your Safari or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
. I saw coolant was filled till max mark.
First things first , In Safari the max mark is exactly at the middle of the coolant storage tank, Min mark is the line towards bottom and the line at the top which people generally take as Max mark is "Max while refilling".
So for last 2 years T.A.S.S were filling the coolant way above max.
I do not know what exactly "Max while refilling" signifies so if anyone can explain that I will be grateful.

The mechanic who changed the tube told me that always coolant should be filled till the max that is till the middle line else it may leak when it gets hot.

As I was not willing to believe that max mark is actually at the middle so he showed me dismantled tank where Max is clearly written at the line in middle. Unfortunately these markings are not visible if you view from top in engine bay.

So in nutshell any fluid should not be filled above max mark. When I had PS fluid leak few months back I discovered that as per manual PS fluid should never be topped till max while engine is off but the max mark should be reached when PS pump is running.

Last edited by amitk26 : 16th September 2010 at 11:23.

Most Viewed