Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 15:45   #2521
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vivek, I too lost that cladding on an otr, the piece itself does not cost 1300/- it may be with painting included, anyway I will check the bill and let you know.
Old 7th September 2010, 15:58   #2522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Snake View Post
Thanks V&V and tsk1979 for your suggestions, i am going to try both the solutions and will post results.

Hey Guys, i went ahead and got my 3rd service done, got air Filter and fuel filter changed and also got sedimenter cleaned up. But the problem still exixted untill yesterday when i toped up with extra mile deisel(i fill normal deisel usally). I was suprised to see instant change.

Should i use extra mile deisel going forward?
Old 7th September 2010, 17:58   #2523
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys, i went ahead and got my 3rd service done, got air Filter and fuel filter changed and also got sedimenter cleaned up. But the problem still exixted untill yesterday when i toped up with extra mile deisel(i fill normal deisel usally). I was suprised to see instant change.

Hi Guys - Form las t few days my Safari 2.2 is making more engine noice, specially when running, it sounds like 3000 rpm but meter shows only 2000. Also its make more vibration an noice at 100km then before. Any suggestion what could be the problem?

Originally Posted by v&v
This could be due to choking of air filter. Dusty condition require frequent cleaning and also it could be due the bad fuel quality.

DO check the air filter as suggested by v&v, and along with that drain the sedimenter located under the tank.

The procedure is specified in the manual.

When I went to Leh this time, I was having similar problem with lack of power and also increased vibrations. After sedimenter draining, problem went away 90%, and after air filter cleaning, it went away 100%.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th September 2010 at 18:03. Reason: Please do not quote images while responding. Thanks !
Old 7th September 2010, 19:34   #2524
BHPian

Hello

Got my safari gx deleivered 2 days back. Its a first time diesle for me. some things i noticed . since i am jumping from gypsy [96] to safari do explain me.

The clutch pedal on releasing makes a springy noise [like when u release a spring]

sometimes when i am in 2nd gear [as in mumbai u hardly get to go to 3rd] and i leave the accelarator teh engine like corrects itself from knocking and accelerates on it own , like its is getting a ghost supply of fuel. Is this because of VTT. To explain in brief

When i am driving in second gear at speed say of 20 and then when i release my foot of acelerator sometimes the speed is maintained like the car moves ahead no knocking. However it does not happen all the time. I amnot sure exactly when it happens. I ahve also noticed it in 3rd gear when the rpm falls below 1300

so is this normal

some clanky noise from the back seats. i do not know if its the jack tommy or toolkit lying divorced in the diki or the back seat noise will get it checked tomm as i am going to workshop for number etching and fitting reverse camers

will post an entire new buy experience soon
Old 7th September 2010, 20:06   #2525
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new drive. Hope you have an enjoyable & trouble-free ownership experience.
Quote:
lodhra : sometimes when i am in 2nd gear .. and i leave the accelarator teh engine like corrects itself from knocking and accelerates on it own ,
It is the ECU taking corrective action to prevent stalling. No worries there.
Old 7th September 2010, 20:16   #2526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

*** DONT use xtra whatever fuel on Safari; stick to normal diesel.
Old 7th September 2010, 20:23   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodhra View Post
Hello

The clutch pedal on releasing makes a springy noise [like when u release a spring]
Happens in my Safari too ever since I bought it almost 2 years back.
Have not faced any issues so far with regards to it.
Old 7th September 2010, 21:22   #2528
Senior - BHPian

AC at rear in LX Model

How AC chills at rear seat in LX Model? Please give your opinion. With the latest offer now I am inclined towards booking LX Safari tomorrow.
Old 7th September 2010, 21:28   #2529
BHPian

@ anuj

A/c is excellent. i tested it on one hot sunny day [maybe hours] i got on monday with full loaded people and its awesome

@rr

so should i tell this clutch stuff to tata service as i am going there tomm for number etching

@condor

thanks a lot dude
Old 8th September 2010, 11:49   #2530
Team-BHP Support

Brake grab on front wheels after heating up...?

I have this strange problem which comes only after a longish run(Wheels/discs etc., heat up).
After a long run when I march the vehicle after coming to a stop, at very slow speed I feel some sort of "grab" on the front wheels, as if the discs are jamming, or the tires are touching somewhere.
This is more pronounced when the wheels are turned.
I have inspected the wheel well, and the wheels do not appear to be touching anywhere, so it feels somewhat like an "internal" grab.
Any ideas?
Are my brake discs grabbing? Is it the bearing or something gone(but there is no typical bearing sound).
Old 8th September 2010, 12:16   #2531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have this strange problem which comes only after a longish run(Wheels/discs etc., heat up).
After a long run when I march the vehicle after coming to a stop, at very slow speed I feel some sort of "grab" on the front wheels, as if the discs are jamming, or the tires are touching somewhere.
This is more pronounced when the wheels are turned.
I have inspected the wheel well, and the wheels do not appear to be touching anywhere, so it feels somewhat like an "internal" grab.
Any ideas?
Are my brake discs grabbing? Is it the bearing or something gone(but there is no typical bearing sound).
Was there a brake pad change?

And guys need help with battery change

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2061182-post190.html
Old 8th September 2010, 12:35   #2532
Team-BHP Support

Yes, the problem started coming after brake pads were changed.
Its been 8000kms since the brake pad change.
It comes only when the vehicle has run a long distance, and the discs/alloys are hot.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:56   #2533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Yes, the problem started coming after brake pads were changed.
Its been 8000kms since the brake pad change.
It comes only when the vehicle has run a long distance, and the discs/alloys are hot.
Get the gap increased and check again. If its too close it will start touching upon heating (metals expand on heating)
Old 8th September 2010, 13:17   #2534
Team-BHP Support

Arent the front pads self adjusting? I don't recall any "gap adjustment procedure thingy"
Old 8th September 2010, 13:28   #2535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
*** DONT use xtra whatever fuel on Safari; stick to normal diesel.
What about the fact that engine makes more noise with normal diesel?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks