Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:07   #2491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
if its a hard water mark (whitish rough patch), you can try lemon, squeeze it over the mark and use a cloth to rub it out.
Thanks for the advise, dadu! Gave it a try sometime last week. Sadly, the stains seem permanent, as the above method didn't work.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:13   #2492
Senior - BHPian

@dkamath, good sanitary-ware shops have a liquid for removing hard-water deposits from chrome-plated taps. Get some of that liquid, apply it on some cotton-waste and leave it on for an hour or so. This should remove it without / with very little scrubbing.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:54   #2493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Could anybody tell me the actual location of the drain holes, that are situated near the wiper or besides there?
Guys any replies?????
Old 23rd August 2010, 11:43   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Thanks for the advise, dadu! Gave it a try sometime last week. Sadly, the stains seem permanent, as the above method didn't work.
Try easyoff bang. available in all supermkts. HOWEVER, please try it on a patch that is not very visible, to make sure it does not affect the paint.

You can also try scratchout or similar products that can remove hairline scratches from paint.

rgds
srini

Last edited by smsrini : 23rd August 2010 at 11:45.
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:50   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@dkamath, good sanitary-ware shops have a liquid for removing hard-water deposits from chrome-plated taps. Get some of that liquid, apply it on some cotton-waste and leave it on for an hour or so. This should remove it without / with very little scrubbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Try easyoff bang. available in all supermkts. HOWEVER, please try it on a patch that is not very visible, to make sure it does not affect the paint.

You can also try scratchout or similar products that can remove hairline scratches from paint.
rgds
srini
I agree with Der Alte, Cif liquid(available at all ration stores) is the best amongst the easy of bangs, removes all kinds of Kitchen and bathroom stains but check first on any non-visible part before trying, it shouldnt scrape your paint off. At first try, dont keep it for long, just spread and wipe, see how much does it clean and then decide if you need to keep it for long.

Quote:
Guys any replies?????
There are 2 drain holes for the water to exit at both ends below the black plastic assembly (below the wiper). You can see them if you open the Bonnet, you will see 2 black pipes at each corner being let loose.

Last edited by dadu : 23rd August 2010 at 12:55.
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:13   #2496
Distinguished - BHPian

@DKamath, did you try kitchen / bathroom cleaners that can be used on taps ?

I use hard water to wash the truck, but make sure that the chrome parts (Like the painted areas) are wiped dry. This ensures no spots remain.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:29   #2497
Senior - BHPian

dkamath: Once I had a cement stain on fuel tank of my CBZ , removed it with toothpaste and an old toothbrush. Try toothpaste and follow it up using Formula 1 Scratch out
Old 24th August 2010, 09:56   #2498
BHPian

Thanks to all you guys for the advises! I feel humbled now and want to try all these out at the earliest.
The issue here is that its a plastic part (spoiler like thing that holds the outer LED brake lamps). A 3M guy at Concorde scrubbed it real hard with some liquid, to the extent that there's now a buff-like appearance around it, and on touching from then on, the spot seems to have blended well with the paint.
I got Cif liquid, and toothpaste too, hehe. Will try these out on a small portion of the affected area.
Old 26th August 2010, 22:44   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could anybody tell me the actual location of the drain holes, that are situated near the wiper or besides there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I
There are 2 drain holes for the water to exit at both ends below the black plastic assembly (below the wiper). You can see them if you open the Bonnet, you will see 2 black pipes at each corner being let loose.
still leaks nicely !

Think it should be via the wiring harness. I am visiting the latest TASS, Mohan Das Motors for an oil change; will ask them.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:01   #2500
BHPian

In 2nd and 3rd gear (mostly in 3rd) when I accelerate steadily, at around 1500 rpm I noticed a jerk and then the Safari begins to pick up speed steadily. No problems after that. This happens occasionally and only when I am light footed on the accelerator.

After i shift from 2nd to 3rd, the RPM meter moves steadily from 1200 and just when it has reached ~1500 rpm, I feel this jerk, like its losing power just for a moment and then its smooth after that.

I mentioned this to my Service Advisor and he said it should go away after the 1st service (which is happening today). He said sometimes this can happen as the engine settles down.

Have any one else experienced this?
Old 27th August 2010, 16:28   #2501
Distinguished - BHPian

Question to Safari owners who have upgraded their tyres :

Does upgrading tyres (from 235, upwards to 255 or more) cause dragging / alignment issues ?

I was told it does. But I'd rather hear from you guys, from some one who has upsized tyres.
Old 27th August 2010, 17:19   #2502
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Does upgrading tyres (from 235, upwards to 255 or more) cause dragging / alignment issues ?

I was told it does. But I'd rather hear from you guys, from some one who has upsized tyres.
Even i was told the same. I too was planning to upgrade. There was some technical guy from Tata at showroom told not to up-size the tyre it will have alignment and mileage issue. Also i think 255 will not fit on existing ones.

v&v
Old 27th August 2010, 17:25   #2503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Only issue that I have heard from people who have upgraded to 255 was the scraping and the fouling up of the turning radius; nothing about drag or alignment issues.
Old 29th August 2010, 21:52   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
In 2nd and 3rd gear (mostly in 3rd) when I accelerate steadily, at around 1500 rpm I noticed a jerk and then the Safari begins to pick up speed steadily. No problems after that. This happens occasionally and only when I am light footed on the accelerator.

After i shift from 2nd to 3rd, the RPM meter moves steadily from 1200 and just when it has reached ~1500 rpm, I feel this jerk, like its losing power just for a moment and then its smooth after that.

I mentioned this to my Service Advisor and he said it should go away after the 1st service (which is happening today). He said sometimes this can happen as the engine settles down.

Have any one else experienced this?
Owners/Gurus please help with your experiences! The Safari is back from the first service, but the issue didnt go away. The service advisor insists that it will go away in in due course and does not need any attention at the moment.
Old 29th August 2010, 21:58   #2505
Senior - BHPian

^^ Kairalee - what fuel do you use? If you are using premium fuel / Shell, move to normal / ordinary diesel and check.

Most Viewed