Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 17:46   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
I'm not sure if this is the same problem you faced. When I'm cruising at 90-100 Kmph and when i take the foot of the accelerator for a brief sec or so and then press the accelerator, i could feel the jerk and this is a pronounced jerk. The speed would still be in the 90-100 kmph range.

When I took it to TASS, I was not able to reproduce the issue even after extensive run. The only thing I changed in between was to fill the diesel at my trusted pump and used system D. I'm not seeing the issue anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have the same problem. Around 30K kms after changes the bushes it went away, but then it started coming again after around 7000kms of driving.
Is it coz of the centre bolt (pin?)of clutch, if it a violent one ?

I used to have this issue and this was sorted after I got it changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Guys, sometimes, when I am engine braking the truck, and again on accelerating the clutch, I feel a jerk, like you feel in buses or bikes. ITs like when you press the accelrator something gets engages suddenly and car moves giving a jerk. I am not sure how to explain this. But I feel this jerking only sometimes and not all the time. IS it my bad driving skills or there is some problem?

Last edited by jkdas : 21st July 2010 at 17:50.
Old 21st July 2010, 18:25   #2387
Senior - BHPian

Anyone who has got the 60,000 - 60,500kms Service done if Yes please put the details of the charges.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:42   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

So what do I ask them to do? How much would this cost? My truck is at 22k KMS
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:21   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, sometimes, when I am engine braking the truck, and again on accelerating the clutch, I feel a jerk, like you feel in buses or bikes. ITs like when you press the accelrator something gets engages suddenly and car moves giving a jerk. I am not sure how to explain this. But I feel this jerking only sometimes and not all the time. IS it my bad driving skills or there is some problem?
The jerk is from the propellar shaft. also happens when you press and release the throttle rapidly while driving on highways or even in the city while the vehicle is in motion.

I think the Safari throttle sensor is too sensitive.. TML probably ought to modulate the throttle response to avoid this jerk in all Safaris.
Old 22nd July 2010, 01:01   #2390
BHPian

So how to tackle with that?
Old 22nd July 2010, 07:16   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So how to tackle with that?
You cant!
Ive tried modulating my foot to match the sensitivity of the throttle sensor.. but i think its got gingivitis..
In my ownership experience of 2+ years I can safely advise Safari owners one thing.
Try not to bother yourself with the small nits n grits and irritants that crop up in your Safari. Its not a perfectly designed vehicle. Nevertheless, it can offer a lot of pleasure if you can just look at and live with its positives.
And if you really want to find out what your Safari is made of, then I suggest you abuse it a bit, drive it hard thru all the ruts, bumps and potholes, on road and off it... and suddenly all the niggles you face will be lost in wonderment of re-discovery. Make your own road.

Unless, youve got a total lemon.

Cheers,

J
Old 22nd July 2010, 07:32   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

@JKDAS

We are all ears to know this story of center bolt pin. Can we get more details ?
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:23   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The jerk is from the propellar shaft. also happens when you press and release the throttle rapidly while driving on highways or even in the city while the vehicle is in motion.
I too second this opinion, I had a tata sumo in the past and the jerk was more pronounced in that, so when my 2.2 jerks, I'm kind of used to it and try and accelerate a little softly, but then it does feel like a train coach being pulled by an engine way up front.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:25   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Anyone who has got the 60,000 - 60,500kms Service done if Yes please put the details of the charges.
Please check my ownership thread.

If you dont have suspension job, no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
You cant!
Ive tried modulating my foot to match the sensitivity of the throttle sensor.. but i think its got gingivitis..
In my ownership experience of 2+ years I can safely advise Safari owners one thing.
Try not to bother yourself with the small nits n grits and irritants that crop up in your Safari. Its not a perfectly designed vehicle. Nevertheless, it can offer a lot of pleasure if you can just look at and live with its positives.
And if you really want to find out what your Safari is made of, then I suggest you abuse it a bit, drive it hard thru all the ruts, bumps and potholes, on road and off it... and suddenly all the niggles you face will be lost in wonderment of re-discovery. Make your own road.

Unless, youve got a total lemon.

Cheers,

J
+ 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
@JKDAS

We are all ears to know this story of center bolt pin. Can we get more details ?
rahul; IIRC it was called centre J bolt or so; cost 350Rs and I guess he also changed another stuff with it which cost 650 Rs. Now no jerk when I accelerate fast from a hard braking.

Update; last tank full gave me 11.55kmpl. Odo @ 67,800kms
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:11   #2395
BHPian

Then why people here say it loud that Safari is the most comfortable vehicle? It jerks on acceleration, it does not absorb the bumps, it gives a lot of problems, it gets the bad smell inside the cabin still people say its the most Comfortable SuV?
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:17   #2396
Team-BHP Support

1. The jerks are little annoying, not really very pronounced.
2. It soaks up the bumps pretty well!
3. Bad smell is in some cars, due to rubber beading on doors out of alignment

As for comfort, the seat is very comfortable, and you can do bad roads all day without feeling fatigue.
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:35   #2397
BHPian

Not really, I have taken quite a few friends with me to my routine trips to Delhi, every one comes down saying we are too tired and this car isnt comfortablng. Or Its only me sufferring from suspension issues?
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:00   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Cabin noise at high speeds

Guys,

I am sure this is noticeable in most Safaris - at speeds above 100 kmph, the cabin noise goes up considerably. When enquired at TASS, I was told that the panel gaps (b/w the doors and pillars) are wider compared to a sedan and hence the noise at high speeds. I recommended changing rubber beadings/linings on all doors but this idea was pronounced to be of no avail by TASS 'experts'. Another thought that came to me - could this be due to bad wheel alignment?

Experts please comment!
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:56   #2399
BHPian

Nopes, I dont think it would be cause of wheel alignment. Its in the genes of Safari to start growling at the cabin members at 90+kmph
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:18   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1. The jerks are little annoying, not really very pronounced.
2. It soaks up the bumps pretty well!
3. Bad smell is in some cars, due to rubber beading on doors out of alignment

As for comfort, the seat is very comfortable, and you can do bad roads all day without feeling fatigue.
+1 to that. I have done many 700 + km in one day in a TCIC Safari as well in a 2.2 Safari. You can float over many speed breakers without any fuss. Except for a bit of hard clutch, you don't feel tired at the end of your trip.

The jerks are not noticeable to me probably because I used an Amby where you need to double clutch for a gear shift. So if you synchronize the road speed with the engine speed, there is hardly any perceptible jerk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks