Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 11:52   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Bump ..

Any suggestion / solution on the Condensed water from AC dripping below dashboard issue I posted some time back ?
Please post some pictures from underneath the dash, it will have to be a DIY.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:11   #2177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
CD, I have the Philips Xtreme Power 55/60 and they have been used extensively
Thanks ADC. X-treme Power it is then for me Will get it ASAP.
Old 7th June 2010, 15:23   #2178
BHPian

24x7 HELPLINE

I do not know if this is the right place for this. So mods if you think otherwise do change.

On the 26th of May I was going to Katra from Gurgaon early in the morning. The previous day I had gone to Autolinks for a general check-up. Everything was OK, except on starting the car when I put in the 1st gear to move forward. It just wont. This only happened after the car was stationary with the hand brake on. On releasing the hand brake and slotting into 1st gear the beast seemed locked. On pushing the acceleration further it moved. But I could feel something get unlocked. This I was told by the TASS guys that minor adjustment had to be made to the ABS. They told me to go ahead with the journey and that nothing would happen.

on 26th morning when I had crossed Ambala and was driving towards Jallundar, I saw the service light on. I panicked. I could feel a certain loss of power on acceleration. I tried calling the TATA MOTORs 24x7 helpline. The message I got was that the number cannot be reached . I tried calling atleast 20 times. I also used my wifes phone. But nothing. Same message. It was around 8 am. I kept on driving and around Khana, I saw a Tata Motors showroom around 9.30 am. I stopped there. Luckly the owner told me not to panick and get it to the service bay. On checking it was found out that the EGR valve/pipe/wire was loose. On pluging it the problem was solved. A complete computer check was done and a final OK was given. A bunch of very helful service guys. On telling them about my experience with the helpline number, they laughed and said in future I should refer to the service booklet which has the numbers of the local TASS listed.

So guys this so called 24x7 helpline does not function. Its a BIG LIE. Tatas should actually be taken to court on this. Its so misleading and unprofessional on their part.

Since I have had a bad experience I just thought I should warn everyone about the same.

Lastly, do not visit the TASS guys just 1 day before a long journey. It seemed that someone at Autolinks could have messed up. The guys at Khana told me that the pipe/wire cannot get loose all by itself. Someone must have touched it. Atleast keep a day or two post receiving your vehicle before embarking on a journey.

With TATAs I keep learning new things everytime.

Last edited by Country Road : 7th June 2010 at 15:25.
Old 7th June 2010, 16:01   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
CD,

If it is the wiring & warranty concern that you have, there is a way to do it without cutting any of the OE wires. Warranty perfectly intact. Just that you will have to spend some time and effort (its a DIY).

I learnt this the hard way!

I got fitted philips Rally 100/90W using Relay. Total cost was Rs600 including fitting. Wiring kit was from Hi-Tek with cermic holders, no wiring needs to be cut.

By the way I drive on low beam, uses high beam only when there is lots of incoming truck traffic
Old 7th June 2010, 16:08   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
By the way I drive on low beam, uses high beam only when there is lots of incoming truck traffic
And why that should be done at all ? What if truck has lots of dust on windshield and guy just bumps it in your vehicle ? High bean IMHO is to be used only periodically either to flash the other vehicle to lower the beam or to see things at distance

Actually I was irritated a lot by many small car drivers who just put high beans when they are in 100-200 meters range in Interior Maharashtra in my recent trip. I was driving in low beam may be due to hight of vehicle thy might still be getting light on windshield but I could not understand the logic who blinding bigger vehicle is of any help ?
Old 7th June 2010, 19:04   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
So guys this so called 24x7 helpline does not function. Its a BIG LIE. Tatas should actually be taken to court on this. Its so misleading and unprofessional on their part.
Tata has tied up with MyTVS for 24X7 support all over india. This is a paid service for Rs. 500 per year. For new purchases, they give first year free. This is a very useful service and peace of mind. They also cover tyre replacement, jump starting if battery is dead and diesel delivery in case you run out of fuel.

I have myself used this 3 times and the response was very good. The tata call center actually tracks the complaint and makes sure that the technician completes the work in time.

See this link for details: 24x7 On Road Assistance
Old 7th June 2010, 19:36   #2182
BHPian

Hub caps

Hi

My Safari with OEM alloys, I keep loosing the hub cap on centre of the alloy wheel rim. I am not sure if this comes of on its own while hitting a bump or someone removes this.
Does anyone have any solutions?

Attaching photos with and without the hub cap
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-with_hub_cap.jpg  

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-without_hub_cap.jpg  

Old 7th June 2010, 19:52   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well Sir I got it reduced from default 6 M in order to take tighter U turns but I do not understand why someone would like to get it increased from 6 Meters to make life difficult
How to get this reduced? It'll actually be great if this is possible. Also does this void warranty?
Old 8th June 2010, 09:40   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman77 View Post
How to get this reduced? It'll actually be great if this is possible. Also does this void warranty?
by Adjusting steering idler nuts , Can be reduced to point till the tyre fouls with body or fender , I have aftermarket alloys for which fendor and body steerl was cut by 1 inch so could be reduced more then ehat is possible in OEM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Tata has tied up with MyTVS for 24X7 support all over india. This is a paid service for Rs. 500 per year. For new purchases, they give first year free.
Free during warranty and extended warranty period ( 4 years) for vehicles purchased after 1 Feb 2009.
Others need to purchase
Old 8th June 2010, 10:04   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

My Safari with OEM alloys, I keep loosing the hub cap on centre of the alloy wheel rim. I am not sure if this comes of on its own while hitting a bump or someone removes this.
Does anyone have any solutions?

Attaching photos with and without the hub cap
In the last 7 months of ownership I have changed these hub caps 3 times.

Don't think there' any solution.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:22   #2186
Senior - BHPian

To all the new Safari owners (facelifted; the one with chrome on grill and RVM): Please take care of your RVM's!

Unlike the previous batches, where the RVM came with the body color, the new ones with just the chrome, can be easily disposed of.

So, a heads up.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:12   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil on Wheels View Post
In the last 7 months of ownership I have changed these hub caps 3 times.Don't think there' any solution.
A simple jugaad that costs about Rs. 20/- might help. Put a 2-3" patch of transparent cello-tape on the hub cap and stick it to the rim. Refer the pic below.

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-with_hub_cap.jpg

Also, a dab of fevikwik would help too. Gets the work done against occasional dislodging due to bumps and humps.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 8th June 2010 at 17:17. Reason: attached pic
Old 8th June 2010, 17:24   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
A simple jugaad that costs about Rs. 20/- might help. Put a 2-3" patch of transparent cello-tape on the hub cap and stick it to the rim. Refer the pic below.

Also, a dab of fevikwik would help too. Gets the work done against occasional dislodging due to bumps and humps.

-BJ
The cello tape idea sounds fantastic. Will try it immediately.

I had thought of using superglue but dropped the idea, as it would have become impossible to remove the cap, if and when I do need to use the spare wheel.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:21   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Just dont bother fixing it... its a total waste of money and will continue to fall as many as you buy.
leave it alone... after some time you wont look at it and will make peace with Tata's pathetic design/QC for the caps.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:04   #2190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...My Safari with OEM alloys, I keep loosing the hub cap on centre of the alloy wheel rim. I am not sure if this comes of on its own while hitting a bump or someone removes this.
Does anyone have any solutions? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Just dont bother fixing it... its a total waste of money and will continue to fall as many as you buy...
Not sure what is wrong there, but "touch a forest", I haven't lost one yet. And no, I do not do, by any mean, drive softly. And yes, add two OTR's to it.

Anyway, the only primary reason that these guys fall off is due to the clip not able to hold on to the inner rim properly.

Try something like this: we need to increase the, rather, reduce the clearing within the well, as shown in the diagram below.

The Tata Safari 2.2L Technical / Problems Thread-without_hub_cap.jpg

You can use your imagination on how to do it.

One simple way I can think of is it to use a tape (masking, cello, insulation (!), etc. ) to stick it inside circularly, so that the diameter is reduced and then push the cover inside. The locks leg will hold the tape in bay and self lock itself. You might need to check on their health once a while, especially if you drive over water.

For a more permanent solution, you will need a more permanent way of reducing the clearings diameter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks