Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2010, 15:24   #2071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Amit,
My safari too has done around 23k. i has switched to Neo after 1000 kms. No problems faced as yet. Pretty happy with it. Lately at 20k i did a tyre rotation and adjusted the turning radius too. Turning radius has increased by 50% still it does not touch the front bumper.

v&v
Hello! increased??? scary! It should have been a typo. I am getting my Safari's turning radius decreased today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
Looks like I am not alone in this. My Safari also has a similar problem. Pls see my recent posts on this thread. I have got my starter, dynamo and alternator check. They first said starter has a problem and got it repaired by TVS Lucas. Still the problem persists.

Recently I went on a long drive and on my way back directly took it to TASC. The problem was reproduced and the technician found that ther are bubbles coming in the battery when i crancked the engine. They have now given me a new test battery and asked me to test it. I am planning a long drive this saturday to check whether it is indeed a battery problem. Will post the results after the drive.

In the meantime if you get any breakthrough pls let me know...
eh? bubbles? Of course you will see bubbles coz you are drawing power from it and hence chemical reaction happens

dadu; help !
Old 5th May 2010, 15:34   #2072
Senior - BHPian

We need answers to the question asked by tsk, does it crank or you just get a click click while turning the key.

As long as it cranks, battery cannot be a suspect.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:39   #2073
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Hello! increased??? scary! It should have been a typo. I am getting my Safari's turning radius decreased today.
jk , there is no typo, i got it increased, its working fine on my beast. No issues at all.
Btw why are you decreasing the turning radius ?
Old 5th May 2010, 15:45   #2074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
jk , there is no typo, i got it increased, its working fine on my beast. No issues at all.
Btw why are you decreasing the turning radius ?
Well Sir I got it reduced from default 6 M in order to take tighter U turns but I do not understand why someone would like to get it increased from 6 Meters to make life difficult
Old 5th May 2010, 17:01   #2075
BHPian

Problem solved.

TASS changed the 4X4 switch,switch was short circuiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit26 View Post
In my dicor(ODO-20500 Kms) yesterday occasionally 4H light blinks & stays continuously on for some time & then will go for some time but pop up again after some time. I also felt vibrations in the vehicle.I also noticed rear left & right tyres slipping quite hard when taking full left & right turns respectively.Also i noticed skid tyres marks(like hard braking lines) on concrete road during normal driving .
I haven't extensively used my vehicle/4x4 but when i'm at home i try to use it.
What may be the possible cause ,Is 4H/4L engaging automatically or some major issue.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:28   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah good! So, a simple switch issue.

While at it, also have the front hub checked. The engage-disengage might have had an effect on it.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:45   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
We need answers to the question asked by tsk, does it crank or you just get a click click while turning the key.

As long as it cranks, battery cannot be a suspect.
In my case, it does not even crank. It only does a click sound (more like khat sound) when I turn the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
eh? bubbles? Of course you will see bubbles coz you are drawing power from it and hence chemical reaction happens

dadu; help !
Well i guess the technician was talking about accessive bubbling. This normally happens when the alternator is charging more than required. Dont know exactly. The technician should know better than me!!!

Last edited by NiTviN : 6th May 2010 at 15:47. Reason: Adding more info
Old 6th May 2010, 16:20   #2078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which means that the hubs would be engaging/dis-engaging frequently. As HappyWheels said, get them checked. Also recommended is a quick check for any damage to transmission/axle etc since this would have happened frequently over tarmac.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:27   #2079
BHPian

Please help -

What is the difference between oil filter and fuel filter?
I got the "fuel filter" changed in the last service, a delphi unit for about Rs. 2500-3000.
Every Safari owner takes up voluntary oil change at 7.5K interval and also changes the oil filter with oil. So, do they pay rs. 1800 for oil + Rs. 2500 for filter? Or is that some different filter. Please help!
Old 8th May 2010, 19:47   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTviN View Post
In my case, it does not even crank. It only does a click sound (more like khat sound) when I turn the key.
Battery is suspect, otherwise starter needs to be serviced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2009 View Post
Please help -

What is the difference between oil filter and fuel filter?
I got the "fuel filter" changed in the last service, a delphi unit for about Rs. 2500-3000.
Every Safari owner takes up voluntary oil change at 7.5K interval and also changes the oil filter with oil. So, do they pay rs. 1800 for oil + Rs. 2500 for filter? Or is that some different filter. Please help!
Fuel filter - Filters the Diesel - Needs to be changed only at 30k kms intervals.

Oil Filter - Filters the Engine oil, needs to be changed with every oil change.

Both are different, the fuel filter is expensive whereas Oil filter is not.

Last edited by dadu : 8th May 2010 at 19:48.
Old 8th May 2010, 19:50   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Can anybody clear my doubt, Here:
Does the EX version of SAFARI comes with ABS and EBD? When i testdrove the vehicle the salesman told me that there is no ABS & EBD in this version. I am sure that he confused ABS with Airbags.
Old 8th May 2010, 20:11   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Does the EX version of SAFARI comes with ABS and EBD
No. GX comes with these. While, VX is GX + airbags.

-BJ
Old 8th May 2010, 20:42   #2083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
No. GX comes with these. While, VX is GX + airbags.

-BJ
No ABS in Elephant sized vehicle, So, my thoughts of buying a EX are putted now to rest.
Old 8th May 2010, 23:32   #2084
Senior - BHPian

I would still say, please get at least the GX 4x2, if the budget is stretchable! The big guy definitely needs it.

I wish someone from TATA get a knock on the head and decides to provide ABS in all variants! Come on! It is a darn 2 tonner top of the range (currently) offering from TATA!!!
Old 9th May 2010, 00:08   #2085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post

Fuel filter - Filters the Diesel - Needs to be changed only at 30k kms intervals.

Oil Filter - Filters the Engine oil, needs to be changed with every oil change.

Both are different, the fuel filter is expensive whereas Oil filter is not.

Understood.
So, I've to change Oil and oil filter every 7.5 k Kilometers. That means new oil every time a new filter goes in.

And, I have to change my Fuel filter every 30K kilometers. however, fuel has to be changes many times in between.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks