Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 22:56   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys! WIll check the manual tomorrow. Can I fix it? DIY?

And about AMC.

My friend got the SILVER one ; it costs 29k. I have asked him to post/scan the AMC booklet and post it here.

Guess there is a PLATINUM one; costly it should be, but you get tyres, battery etc too.

Aint Tata great
Old 2nd May 2010, 12:01   #2057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks guys! WIll check the manual tomorrow. Can I fix it? DIY?

And about AMC.

My friend got the SILVER one ; it costs 29k. I have asked him to post/scan the AMC booklet and post it here.

Guess there is a PLATINUM one; costly it should be, but you get tyres, battery etc too.

Aint Tata great
How many kms has the safari done? I was told silver is for old vehicles and gold is for new.
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:24   #2058
BHPian

Yoko Geolander A/T

Changed tyres to Geo A/T 235/70 R16 and ran into issue of front tyres touching mudguard (fender) & front bumper on full turn.The tyres are of standard size & I have Aura alloy wheels (don't have the specs for these,but they are same as shown in MRF Wanderer ad) which are not oversize at all in my opinion.

Is this one off issue with my Car ?

When I contacted TASC,I was told that you need to cut the bumper & mudguard for yokos & MRFs.I obviously don't believe that !

Anyone else faced the same problem ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:27   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
There is no special extension in the life of OE tires. Tire wear depends upon handling and usage, care of tires and proper alignment.
If yours have done 66k then its just great. DO not wait for the tread to go bald especially with the upcoming monsoon. It will be better to change your tires at this stage.

Its hard to believe you have done 66k kms on your Safari OE tires. Can you post a pic..??
Sorry Jay,saw this message today after changing the tyres to Geolander A/T.Will try to get pictures of bridgestone tyres in the case the tyre dealer has not sold them off to someone else (which is highly unlikely !)
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:06   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
Changed tyres to Geo A/T 235/70 R16 and ran into issue of front tyres touching mudguard (fender) & front bumper on full turn.The tyres are of standard size & I have Aura alloy wheels (don't have the specs for these,but they are same as shown in MRF Wanderer ad) which are not oversize at all in my opinion.

When I contacted TASC,I was told that you need to cut the bumper & mudguard for yokos & MRFs.I obviously don't believe that !

Tyre's shouldnt be a problem as they are of stock size, but wheel rims can be, stock Rim is of 6.5J x 16.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:41   #2061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post

The problem is with the RIM offset, Even if you put stock bridgestone on aftermarket rims you will run in to the same problem. TASC is correct you need to cut the fendor. I had the same issue with aftermarket alloy RIM and OEM tyre and I feel I wasted my 25K on the RIMs so several times I have written on this thread it is not worth to switch to aftermarket alloys.
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:53   #2062
BHPian

No Amit, I got changed my OE Rims to aftermarket Alloys the next day I got my Safari. Till now I have done 15k kilomteres on Odo and I have not faced any problem of tyre touching any part of the car. They are running absolutely fine!
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:39   #2063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
No Amit, I got changed my OE Rims to aftermarket Alloys the next day I got my Safari. Till now I have done 15k kilomteres on Odo and I have not faced any problem of tyre touching any part of the car. They are running absolutely fine!
This just means that you are lucky to get 6.5J RIM with correct offset, As far as I know Aura and Neo have exactly one such rim. All the imported ones from Taiwan are 7J and offset which fouls with the fendor.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:34   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
How many kms has the safari done? I was told silver is for old vehicles and gold is for new.
Sarkar; I didn't get it, diablomk got one. He is a lazy one. Will try to get the AMC booklet from him when I visit him this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
The problem is with the RIM offset, Even if you put stock bridgestone on aftermarket rims you will run in to the same problem. TASC is correct you need to cut the fendor. I had the same issue with aftermarket alloy RIM and OEM tyre and I feel I wasted my 25K on the RIMs so several times I have written on this thread it is not worth to switch to aftermarket alloys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
Quote:
This just means that you are lucky to get 6.5J RIM with correct offset, As far as I know Aura and Neo have exactly one such rim. All the imported ones from Taiwan are 7J and offset which fouls with the fendor.
Negative offset IIRC. This is whay I didnt opt for a alloys swap with a friend's after market one with my OE ones.

You will need to grind a bit of body part else your tyre will scrap when you take turns on full locks.
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:38   #2065
BHPian

I will try to click a photo and will post it here. The alloys I got are not at all toucing any part of the car.
Old 5th May 2010, 08:53   #2066
BHPian

MY safari 2.2 VTT has done around 34K. Since sometime back it is giving a particular problem. Sometimes when the engine is hot, and you shut the car off, it just does not restart. The engine just does not crank up. You wait for 15-30 mins, and then it starts normally. No matter how many times you shut off and start again, this problem will not appear.

The workshop people are saying that as this problem is not occurring infront of us, we cannot do anything about it. First they moved the blame to central locking, which I got disconnected, however still the problem is there.

Reading some threads it looks like its the starter motor or the solenoid problem, I will question the service center people about it. The battery, wiring and glow plugs looks good to me as I have never faced this problem on cold start. And always the car starts after a wait time.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:55   #2067
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amit,
My safari too has done around 23k. i has switched to Neo after 1000 kms. No problems faced as yet. Pretty happy with it. Lately at 20k i did a tyre rotation and adjusted the turning radius too. Turning radius has increased by 50% still it does not touch the front bumper.

v&v
Old 5th May 2010, 10:58   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Amit,
My safari too has done around 23k. i has switched to Neo after 1000 kms. No problems faced as yet. Pretty happy with it. Lately at 20k i did a tyre rotation and adjusted the turning radius too. Turning radius has increased by 50% still it does not touch the front bumper.

v&v
yes exactly that's what I have been saying , Use Aura or Neo OEM replacement 6.5J RIM specifically meant for Safari , Others specially the imported ones with fancy designs create a problem.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:58   #2069
Team-BHP Support

anuk, when you say engine does not crank you mean that you twist the key in ignition and nothing happens, or you hear the starter motor rotating the engine, but the engine does not start.
Old 5th May 2010, 14:55   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
MY safari 2.2 VTT has done around 34K. Since sometime back it is giving a particular problem. Sometimes when the engine is hot, and you shut the car off, it just does not restart. The engine just does not crank up. You wait for 15-30 mins, and then it starts normally. No matter how many times you shut off and start again, this problem will not appear
Looks like I am not alone in this. My Safari also has a similar problem. Pls see my recent posts on this thread. I have got my starter, dynamo and alternator check. They first said starter has a problem and got it repaired by TVS Lucas. Still the problem persists.

Recently I went on a long drive and on my way back directly took it to TASC. The problem was reproduced and the technician found that ther are bubbles coming in the battery when i crancked the engine. They have now given me a new test battery and asked me to test it. I am planning a long drive this saturday to check whether it is indeed a battery problem. Will post the results after the drive.

In the meantime if you get any breakthrough pls let me know...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks