Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 09:10   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vichu View Post
Hi

I have a service light problem for past 9 months (from 44K km) and now the car has clocked around 60K km.
Current problem:
The service light indicator will glow (when car is idle or while slowing down for a speed breaker) and go off after few minutes. Maximum time it has glowed was for 5mins.

Now this solved the "service light" indication of "high pressure & low pressure circuit" error" & cold start rpm fluctuation. But still I was getting "service light" for "accelerator sensor" error.

But still the service light (for accelerator sensor) remains and this is the current pendinig problem.

Each of the service light indications are not hard (does not always continue to glow or reproducable) but were recorded in ECU.

Though the TASS/TML sorted out the "high pressure/low pressure circuit error" problem noting it from ECU, now they refuse to sort out the second problem saying that it is not reproducable for them at workshop.

Right now the car in service for past 11 days and even now I am being asked (by TML CSM/TASS) to take back the vehicle saying (verbally) that (1) they could not reproduce the problem (even though the problem is recorded in ECU) and that (2) they will help me in future issues.

The car details:
VX 4x4 ,3.0, 60K KM ,
Bought on 2007 March1
The extended warranty ended in March 1, 2010.
Vichu, did you write to customer care when the problem started 9 months ago and the TASS were acting negligent ?

The service light condition can/may never be reproduced in the workshop. For this they have to take a trial outside, for which you must/should have insisted in your presence.

Your Safari is now beyond the extended warranty period and they may insist that you pay for fixing the problem.

I have faced the service light issue due to the common rail fuel system and TML diagnosed and fixed it at their own expense costing approx 60k Rs.

I think your best option now is to write to TML customer care with the full history of your problem and include all the job card entries in your email to prove that this problem started before the expiry of your extended warranty and has remained unresolved.

Regards,

Jay
Old 26th April 2010, 10:44   #2027
Team-BHP Support

Not reproducible? So their laptop does not show error? If it does, they have to fix it. Concorde motors gets a lot of rush, and if they have to put a technician on a vehicle without any payment coming from the vehicle, they will try to get rid of you.
Write a mail to customer care, demanding an answer.
Somebody from regional office will call you, and then you tell them that the workshop is telling you to go ahead with driving the vehicle as it is as there is no problem for some silly errors.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:38   #2028

Thank you folks

@Jay
Though some showed negligence, a top technician treated me/issue well and tried to solve it but in vain. So I did not write to Ccare.

I have a mail chain going on with TASS/TML from last november (when extented warranty was on) on this issue. Hence atleast I have something to show Ccare that the problem is there for long time (even when ex warranty was there) & TASS/TML could not solve the problem.

When I was talking with a techincian on escalating this to CCare, he mentioned that the issue will come to the same TML perrson who suggests to drive car and says they will take care of my car (though I dont know when they will take care :-))

@tsk1979

The problem occurs randomly. For ex. I have got this error 5 times in last 3KM (from last service in which TASS/TML wanted me not to use shell-normal diesel but HP normal diesel) with uneven distribution. As I mentioned earlier - (1) Though the issue happens when vechicle is idle (lets say in traffic light/traffice jam) or when coasting for a speed breaker the vice versa is not true to reproduce the problem. And the light remains for few minutes.

They had taken the car for 200Km long drive, but they did not get the problem real time (but left with ECU log only) due to problem distribution I mentioned above.

But the issue is recorded in ECU (unfortunately this ECU will record only one instance of one type of problem even if that problem occurs multiple times.

The fact that issue getting recorded is the point of my fight with TASS/TML. I have told that they are not unexperienced road side service centre where one will require to reproduce the problem before them. I even suggested them download a debug firmware to log more details when the issue occurs. They are not ready to take any step in that direction.

However, I would write to CCare about this. I waiting for a proper reply from on the current service before I could go ahead.

Thank you all
regards
Vichu
Old 26th April 2010, 11:39   #2029

Thank you Anupmathur, I am going through the link.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:50   #2030

I have got a call from TASS saying that TML person is out of office and will be back next week. As they agreed to keep job card open I agreed to take and use the car till the TML person turns up next week.

Regards
Vichu
Old 26th April 2010, 17:15   #2031

One more update:

I had been through tsk's white elephant issue - thread. My safari also had been through most of the issues.. viz
1) cold start rpm dancing
2) service light issues
a) high pressure/low pressure circuit error
b) Accelerometer sensor error. (please spare me - in ealier post I mentioned it as accelarator sensor issue).

For me
Trial 1 - error code was erased and fuel line (from tank to pump was cleaned). No result.

Trial 2 - sedmenter was changed. Not useful

Trial 3- Coolant sensor changed - Not useful

Trial 4 - ECU changed - Not useful

Trial 4 - one injector was changed. Okay for few days and started again.

Trial 5 - All injectors changed. Okay for few months (this does not fix - accelerometer sensor - service light error, but fixes cold start rpm jumping)

Trial 6 - rpm jumping comes again after 2 months (and the service light issue remains from day1 of these issues). Mass flow sensor gets replacements with TML supervision. RPM jumping goes off. Still the service light problem comes.

Trial 7 - TML/TASS inspects for service light problem, says that this is thte fuel problem (As I was using shell diesel) and asks me to use HP normal diesel. I used so. Still got the service light error.

Trial 8 - the current one.

After reading TSK's thread, I felt the rpm jumping issue of my car has only temporarliy gone owing to summer here and it might come back, as its root cause is the fuel temperature sensor and the current service light indication I get in Idle might be a indicator for unsloved problem.

I was told that the accelerometer sensor is something to do with knocking. It works like this.
After cold start - this sensor senses knocking in the engine and gives feedback. The ECM uses this signal, signal from Mass flow sensor, Coolant temp sensor and fuel temperature sensor and regulates fuel supply.

In this equation Mass flow sensor, coolant temp sensor has already been replaced. (In todays discussion I was told that the accelerometer sensor was also test replaced in one of the trials). Hence only fuel temp sensor is the pending thing in the equation.

TASS person mentioned that as the sensor is part of fuel pump, they will check out and come back.

regards
Vichu
Old 27th April 2010, 17:59   #2032
Senior - BHPian

The AMC will cost you 29k something. Its for 1lac kilometer for 5 years.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:14   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The AMC will cost you 29k something. Its for 1lac kilometer for 5 years.
[COLOR=black]Can you please tell more about the AMC, I enquired from Tata motors customer care? They don't have any clue about it and same case with Concorde Bangalore. What is the eligibility? Will a March 2008Ex run 35000K km will be eligible?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]-Ijeet[/COLOR]
Old 28th April 2010, 10:21   #2034
Team-BHP Support

No, only cars done 10K or less are eligible
Old 28th April 2010, 10:34   #2035
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Please elaborate more, like What does AMC means?? is it any kind of contract for maintenance, how to get that and to which people we must contact then??
Old 28th April 2010, 11:52   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
^^^ Please elaborate more, like What does AMC means?? is it any kind of contract for maintenance, how to get that and to which people we must contact then??
You can get in touch with your local TASS. The extended warranty you have basically covers everything except the clutch and breaks. This AMC will take care of such consumables which are neither covered in Insurance nor in Warranty.

To me it looked like an expensive affair, so didn't go for it.

@ JKDas: 29K for 1 lakh KM that looks a lot cheaper than what I was offered couple of months ago. Will have to check it.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:08   #2037
Distinguished - BHPian

@vichu:

Not sure if this is related, but ramwest on this Forum has a dicor 2.2. TASS in chennai did an engine wash of his car and when he went to pick it up, it had the same shuddering erratic idling issue. Finally the issue was a damaged/shorted ECU due to water entering the ECU assembly. Finally he had to get his ECU replaced and the problem went away completely.

I suspect your ECU must have got damaged with the original water wash and you have been getting false alerts for other sensors. You should try to get your ECU replaced by Tata. Although your car is out of warranty now, I suggest you try to work it out with Tata as you have been raising the problem when it was under warranty.
Old 29th April 2010, 12:37   #2038
BHPian

Average tyre life

What's the average life for OE tyres,any idea ?
My Bridgestones have done 66K and the tread depth is still good for another 5-6K Kms according to TASS.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:12   #2039
Senior - BHPian

There is no special extension in the life of OE tires. Tire wear depends upon handling and usage, care of tires and proper alignment.
If yours have done 66k then its just great. DO not wait for the tread to go bald especially with the upcoming monsoon. It will be better to change your tires at this stage.

Its hard to believe you have done 66k kms on your Safari OE tires. Can you post a pic..??
Old 29th April 2010, 13:22   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@vichu:

Finally the issue was a damaged/shorted ECU due to water entering the ECU assembly. Finally he had to get his ECU replaced and the problem went away completely.
Guess with new ECU cover this wont happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2399 View Post
What's the average life for OE tyres,any idea ?
My Bridgestones have done 66K and the tread depth is still good for another 5-6K Kms according to TASS.
Wow! I changed mine at 45k, they could have done 50k easily.

tsk: isn't it 15k?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks