Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 08:42   #1936
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
I cannot be any kind of sensor. We can feel the engine dying out of fuel starvation. So it is definitely something to do with fuel supply.
And after priming it springs back to life.
I feel this has to do some thing with sensor or ecu, had this been a fuel tank design fault then this would have propup with TCIC version too.

Had any TCIC guys faced this problem. My personal opinion is fuel tank design of any 4x4 or SUV , Tilt angle fuel starvation will be a parameter for design.

v&v
Old 26th March 2010, 11:32   #1937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
@suman i do not think so.I have faced the same problem once(parking the vehicle on incline) and had to use the priming pump.After priming,the vehicle started normally and that rules out the crank or cam sensor acting up.
Quote:
I cannot be any kind of sensor. We can feel the engine dying out of fuel starvation. So it is definitely something to do with fuel supply.
And after priming it springs back to life.
Guys, I'm talking about Jay's specific case - he had more than 25 litres of fuel & priming didn't have any effect.

In both your cases, if you actually had low fuel - I can understand this happening when car is on reserve, not when there's close to half tank of fuel in the vehicle.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:14   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Are you sure about the quality of diesel you have poured? Since, it is only about 1400 kms or so, I guess, this would be your 2nd or 3rd tank-fill? A bad fuel can clog the filter. Get the water sedimenter checked too.

If it is due to bad fuel then you will have to bear the cost (naturally), but, if it is something else not attributed to (mis)use on your part, then it should be covered by warranty, probably a PDI failure? Escalate to TML if TASS does not accept warranty.

-BJ
Hi all,

just visited TASS a few days back in order to get the diesel filter cleaned up and guess what !c they surprised me by saying, its not possible to clean the diesel filter and we can only replace it and that too at my own cost for Rs. 2500.

However, their mechanics were out that day so i left saying i will do it later.

Having the vehicle still under warranty and clocked only 1697 kms, the problem arising from 1200 kms, what should i do now? I am definitely not supposed to bear the replacement cost. Anyone got any idea if the safari diesel filter can be washed at all or not ?

Please help.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:05   #1939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
Hi all,

just visited TASS a few days back in order to get the diesel filter cleaned up and guess what !c they surprised me by saying, its not possible to clean the diesel filter and we can only replace it and that too at my own cost for Rs. 2500.

However, their mechanics were out that day so i left saying i will do it later.

Having the vehicle still under warranty and clocked only 1697 kms, the problem arising from 1200 kms, what should i do now? I am definitely not supposed to bear the replacement cost. Anyone got any idea if the safari diesel filter can be washed at all or not ?

Please help.
No, the diesel filter cannot be cleaned nor washed. All we can do is drain the sedimenter where water and other impurities gets collected.
And the price they quote is correct. Even I had paid the same amount for replacing the fuel filter.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:16   #1940
BHPian

Quote:
No, the diesel filter cannot be cleaned nor washed. All we can do is drain the sedimenter where water and other impurities gets collected.
And the price they quote is correct. Even I had paid the same amount for replacing the fuel filter.
so should i be paying for a new diesel filter just at 1600 kms ?
Old 31st March 2010, 08:37   #1941
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, you don't need to change the diesel filter. The standard change is at 30k kms. I feel you should go to the service center the put the complaint you are facing rather doing a self diagnostic. if there is any genuine problem with the filter they will replace it in warranty otherwise it a voluntary change then you have to pay for it.

v&v
Old 31st March 2010, 10:20   #1942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you really have a problem with Diesel filter ? Please describe the problem symptoms on this thread and let others analyzed what may be the cause. I do not think Diesel filter will clog so soon until you are pouring used engine oil or mud in your tank.

Does your service light comes up which is prompting to look for diesel filter change ? OR is it some problem during driving for which you are suspecting Diesel filter.

Why don't you first take opinion of some other Safari owner near to you to see if your vehicle has any abnormality in driving and acceleration.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:34   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1600kms on the odo ? And change what at your expense? Go 'talk' to them. Ask them to get it changed for free.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:45   #1944
Team-BHP Support

WHen the service light problem cropped up in my safari, diesel filter was also replaced under warranty as debug. So you tell them to solve the problem. If they can't lodge a complaint with customer care. In a safari done 1600kms, the customer care dept will give the dealership an earful.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:27   #1945
BHPian

thanks all for your response. well, i will definitely check out with TASS ASAP.

@amit: i am facing acceleration lag. the most noticeable is, the vehicle is calling for 5th gear at 80kms/hr in 4th gear and 2500 rpm. this is odd, the normal is supposed to be 90 kmsph while shifting from 4th to 5th.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:47   #1946
Senior - BHPian

Arijit,

Check the post # 1897 and the response to them on this thread.

Not sure if the premium fuel had anything to with this or the fuel center you visit. Diesel filter replacement at 1600kms is surprising.

Whatever said and done, do get the reason for this issue from TASS. And yes, as others mentioned, this has to be covered under warranty.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:27   #1947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True, infact you can drain from 2 points, below the diesel filter is a drain plug (I can post pict if one needs to see) and similarly in the sedimenter.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:51   #1948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks all for your response. well, i will definitely check out with TASS ASAP.

@amit: i am facing acceleration lag. the most noticeable is, the vehicle is calling for 5th gear at 80kms/hr in 4th gear and 2500 rpm. this is odd, the normal is supposed to be 90 kmsph while shifting from 4th to 5th.
What you actually mean by acceleration lag ? I mean do you notice that your vehicle goes from 80km/hr to 95 in abnormally high time or do you measure from 80 to 120+ ? Do you see any hesitation / jerk or any puff of black smoke ?

I normally up-shift from 4th to 5th gear change at 80km/hr and I do not see any oddity here. It is drivers choice to continue in 4th gear at 90 drive in 2500 - 3000 RPM band always and in that case your ride will be very peppy but you will consume more fuel and you will hear course sound of engine. It is not recommended to do so in running in period.

Even if there is a genuine problem with your Safari it is about the tuning and I do not think it has anything to do with Diesel Filter.
Old 1st April 2010, 16:44   #1949
Senior - BHPian

Noise and Vibrations

What are the major factors which cause Engine Noise and Vibrations to seep into Safari's cabin. to the point that one has to talk aloud ?
Old 2nd April 2010, 10:40   #1950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
What are the major factors which cause Engine Noise and Vibrations to seep into Safari's cabin. to the point that one has to talk aloud ?
when you strain the engine this might happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks