Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 16:05   #1786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nearing 60k;

Any idea how much the service would cost? I need to replace the clutch + pressure plate ( 10k approx). Seems I also need to overhaul the suspension at front and rear; I was quoted 20k just for this! Does this cost so much?

+1 to dadu/tsk; I too follow that rule
Seems I should have slowed down for pot holes etc now and then; SA said he was surprised at the stage of my suspension. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
JK,

Not related to your query above, but what happened to the EW?
Bad news is I cant get it now.
Good news is AMC thing is almost out. I will get info in 2-3 days. The best part is that with Gold plan or so even battery etc is covered and they make you take extended warranty along with it.

They also have silver one too for AMC.

Waiting to say when I hear how much the AMC + EW will cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
I think I didn't put my query in appropriate words. What I wanted to know was that how does one come to know that air filter is jammed up/ clogged? As such I am not facing any problem with pick up/ power loss/ breathlessness or anything. Only thing that prompted me to ask this is a little coarser/louder sound from engine now (after 11k) then compared to when it was newer! Can it be a normal change in sound due to increasing use? I am yet to visit TASC for any clarification on this. Your valuable suggestions please..
Look for the red indicator on the air filter plumping. Check manual.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:07   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
I think I didn't put my query in appropriate words. What I wanted to know was that how does one come to know that air filter is jammed up/ clogged? As such I am not facing any problem with pick up/ power loss/ breathlessness or anything. Only thing that prompted me to ask this is a little coarser/louder sound from engine now (after 11k) then compared to when it was newer! Can it be a normal change in sound due to increasing use? I am yet to visit TASC for any clarification on this. Your valuable suggestions please..
Take it out and tap it against a wall or floor, if you se lot of accumulated dust = change required or change every 15k kms, if unsure, 7.5k Kms if driving on dusty and unmetalled roads.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:33   #1788
BHPian

[quote=sbhaduri;1723782]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit.co.in View Post
@Arijit: I own a 2.2VTT LX Nov 09 and i use the following sequence for downshift and upshift and find the engine to be taking it nicely without engine stalling.I have not gone through the manual.I get a decent FE of 12.5-13kmpl with AC in city.I use premium diesel of BP.

>60km/hr 5th gear
5th gear at 60 km/hr? Is it ok? I think as per manual it should be at 90? I change it around 75-80. Obviously your FE will be good with upshift at that low speed, but, more important is its effect on engine life! Experienced owners your observations please. I haven't yet got FE of 12kmpl even on long highway trips.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:41   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Look for the red indicator on the air filter plumping. Check manual.
Thanks JK dada and dadu.

Yes, red indicator looks red. Will take up it to TASS in couple of days and confirm if it needs to be changed right now. In any case will change at 15k service.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:33   #1790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
[0-10km/h 1st gear
10-20km/hr 2nd gear
20-40km/hr 3rd gear
40-60km/hr 4th gear
>60km/hr 5th gear
Do you own a petrol Safari by any chance
Old 13th February 2010, 17:45   #1791

[quote=cool_dube;1704692]Guys,

Dude try out the philips night light its the same wattage as the original and provides a brighter output.Even i had tried for the osram but it tends to heat up the headlamps which makes it to have a faded look plus the wiring has to be changed to fit the higher volt bulbs which risks the warranty.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:58   #1792
Team-BHP Support

Looks like the white elephant is refusing to give up the ghosts.
Now to give the air leaking kind of sound company, there are 2 more sounds.
1. Today morning when I put reverse gear, there was some glass clinking kind of sound which came and went for some time. It happened just once.
2. Sometimes while costing, there is a sound from the wheels which is like brakes squeeling, only that I am not using the brakes. there is no problem in running, and I don't think it is coming from brake pads as this sound keeps coming even if I tap brakes lightly. Its related to wheel rotation speed, nothing to do with engine speed.
Old 17th February 2010, 19:01   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Sometimes while costing, there is a sound from the wheels which is like brakes squeeling, only that I am not using the brakes. there is no problem in running, and I don't think it is coming from brake pads as this sound keeps coming even if I tap brakes lightly. Its related to wheel rotation speed, nothing to do with engine speed.
could be Wheel bearing ?
Old 17th February 2010, 21:07   #1794
Senior - BHPian

People! Tata has started giving out AMC similar stuff. Diablomk got one, its cost him 27k , will last for 5 years/1,20,000kms. It will cover parts that need to be changed coz of defect or so.

Will update once he gets the bill and card.
Old 18th February 2010, 09:59   #1795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Looks like the white elephant is refusing to give up the ghosts.
Now to give the air leaking kind of sound company, there are 2 more sounds.
1. Today morning when I put reverse gear, there was some glass clinking kind of sound which came and went for some time. It happened just once.
2. Sometimes while costing, there is a sound from the wheels which is like brakes squeeling, only that I am not using the brakes. there is no problem in running, and I don't think it is coming from brake pads as this sound keeps coming even if I tap brakes lightly. Its related to wheel rotation speed, nothing to do with engine speed.
1. Prolly Syncros or the Bearings have/ are on the way out.

2. Dust on brake liners. A good air pressure cleaning would take care
Old 18th February 2010, 12:41   #1796
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I heard this sound even in neutral with clutch pressed. Looks like clutch release bearing gone or synchros.
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:09   #1797
BHPian

Creaking Noise in the rear Tail gate!!

Guys, there is this creaking noise coming from the rear door of my Safari and its simply getting on my nerves. Everytime I take it to the TASS and they try something with the bushes and its silent for the one or two days and the sound is back in the next couple of days . What could be the possible problem? ? If there is a fix , what should I do ??
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:08   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Take out the stepney and then mount it back in place and tighten the nuts well. Should take care of the dicky door noise for more than 2 days atleast.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 22nd February 2010 at 15:09.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:52   #1799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
creaking noise coming from the rear door...
+1 to what jaysmokesleaves says. It is due to the load of spare wheel.

It was present on my truck too. About six months back, TASS tightened and lubricated the rear door hinges. Now it does not make such noise. Mine is VX and oem alloys are lighter than CI rims- hence, would be less stressing on the door hinges.

-BJ
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:57   #1800
BHPian

@jaysmokes, bj96 - Thanks a ton guys!! Will try that out for sure today. But then is there no permanant solution for this ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks