Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2010, 17:58   #1726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Why not search a Tata Spare dealer and FNG may be yo can go to same place as GD1418 for out of warranty jobs.

Bangalore folks do you know any Tata spare parts dealer or third party garage where one can buy spares ? I know A.S.S sells parts OTC but there is difference in cost and I think jobs such as air filter change voluntary intermediate oil change ( need Oil filter) etc. are best done outside.

Today I checked my airfilter it is dark grey in color and tapping against wall did not make much difference. The red band has not appeared . Also in the Air box I noticed some sand particles so I think a filter change is reqired.
amit, just try Real Automobiles in JC road. There is a big difference in part price.
Old 28th January 2010, 01:27   #1727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
i have a problem with the brakes of my dicor,well what happens is that sometimes while braking to come to a slow stop I feel a sound with a very very light vibration kind of when i apply the brakes gradually,this problems happens not many times is this problem something to worry about?

Exact same problem was told to me by a friend who owns a Safari 2.2 Dicor.

He said that this happens only after driving for a few kilometers when the brakes have had a chance to warm up. It is almost like a "Grinding" noise accompanied with vibration from the front discs. His vehicle has done around 4K till date.

Do let us know if you find a solution.
Old 28th January 2010, 09:34   #1728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have a problem with the brakes of my dicor,well what happens is that sometimes while braking to come to a slow stop I feel a sound with a very very light vibration kind of when i apply the brakes gradually,this problems happens not many times is this problem something to worry about?
OL so let me guess you notice this sound when you apply brakes to come to standstill or to near stop speed right ?
If this is correct can you tell us in which gear you observed this ? Do you downshift before applying brakes or depress clutch ?

This vehicle has enormous torque so behavior is not like petrol vehicles.
If you notice this only while stopping without shifting down or pressing clutch there is nothing to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikahuja View Post

He said that this happens only after driving for a few kilometers when the brakes have had a chance to warm up. It is almost like a "Grinding" noise accompanied with vibration from the front discs. His vehicle has done around 4K till date.

Well your description looks little different then Richie but anyway see reply above and ask your friend to try same.
Old 28th January 2010, 09:54   #1729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This vehicle has enormous torque so behavior is not like petrol vehicles
+1.

To test, start the truck and drive around (warm up and steady idling). Now come to 1st or 2nd gear, stop her while pressing clutch. When the speed is zero, clutch pressed fully, no accelerator, leave the clutch and feel the beast's reaction.

Boy! it was an experience for me and the two watchmen who saw it. If, I go further, it will be OT

-BJ
Old 28th January 2010, 13:46   #1730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OL so let me guess you notice this sound when you apply brakes to come to standstill or to near stop speed right ?
If this is correct can you tell us in which gear you observed this ? Do you downshift before applying brakes or depress clutch ?

This vehicle has enormous torque so behavior is not like petrol vehicles.
If you notice this only while stopping without shifting down or pressing clutch there is nothing to worry.

Well your description looks little different then Richie but anyway see reply above and ask your friend to try same.
He says he is sure that is happens only after the brakes have warmed up a bit. Also it comes only when he is braking gradually to come to a complete stop.

The pressure applied on the brake pedal is firm but not like as if trying to jam the brakes He has also tried it in while pressing the clutch in both second and first gears as well as in neutral. in all cases the vibration (like something is grinding) is present.

If he applies firmer pressure then the vibration is absent, it is almost like the vibration is present only when a certain amount of pressure is applied and the vehicle is brought to complete stop while maintaining the same pressure on the brake pedal till it comes to a stop.

Hope this explains
Old 28th January 2010, 16:04   #1731
BHPian

Quote:
He says he is sure that is happens only after the brakes have warmed up a bit. Also it comes only when he is braking gradually to come to a complete stop.

The pressure applied on the brake pedal is firm but not like as if trying to jam the brakes He has also tried it in while pressing the clutch in both second and first gears as well as in neutral. in all cases the vibration (like something is grinding) is present.

If he applies firmer pressure then the vibration is absent, it is almost like the vibration is present only when a certain amount of pressure is applied and the vehicle is brought to complete stop while maintaining the same pressure on the brake pedal till it comes to a stop.

Perfectly same,I have the same problem but couldn't explain it very well but you have said it extremely accurate so to the experts what can be the problem?
Old 28th January 2010, 16:15   #1732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Perfectly same,I have the same problem but couldn't explain it very well but you have said it extremely accurate so to the experts what can be the problem?

Similar issue was reported here and TASS had a solution. I couldnt find the post though. I was something to do with the front disc or so.
Old 28th January 2010, 21:37   #1733
BHPian

I literally searched each and every page of this thread for the problem but have not found the solution for the problem(Though i learned about all the possible problems I may suffer later),Well I will be checking the problem out with TASS tomorrow,But before that please give me an idea about the above problem so that I don't make a fool of myself tomorrow.
Old 28th January 2010, 23:16   #1734
Senior - BHPian

Stronger headlamps for my Safari

Guys,

I recently did the first long/night drive in my Safari and felt that the stock headlamps (I believe these are 55/60) are not powerful enough. Somewhere on this thread I read about upgrading to Osram 90/100. Are those good eough? Anyone tried that? Any other suggestions?
Old 29th January 2010, 08:30   #1735
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure this is not just ABS pulsating? I am told ABS brakes give a vibrating/pulsating feedback.
Old 29th January 2010, 15:56   #1736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Are you sure this is not just ABS pulsating? I am told ABS brakes give a vibrating/pulsating feedback.

Well i never got the feeling from the time i bought it so why now?
Old 29th January 2010, 16:10   #1737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well i never got the feeling from the time i bought it so why now?
Safari EX 2.2 is what my friend has, I think that does not have ABS at all..
Old 29th January 2010, 16:37   #1738
BHPian

Well mine is a VX and does have ABS,Visited TASS but they were busy today will be taking the car tomorrow,will post what they say.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:56   #1739
BHPian

Hvac

Hi. I need some clarity on the actual functioning of the HVAC system of the 2.2. I have noticed that hot air starts coming from the vents when I turn the temp knob to the centre (medium cool) when the aircon is on. Is this normal. If not how do u get the aircon to work in low cool. Also when I turn the temp knob I hear a thunk noise as if some vent is being closed partially. What is this noise?
Old 1st February 2010, 16:01   #1740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys,

I recently did the first long/night drive in my Safari and felt that the stock headlamps (I believe these are 55/60) are not powerful enough. Somewhere on this thread I read about upgrading to Osram 90/100. Are those good eough? Anyone tried that? Any other suggestions?
I use 90/100 Bosch one ( I guess or maybe Rallye ) ; big difference! Get it !

Stock is 55/60W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Hi. I need some clarity on the actual functioning of the HVAC system of the 2.2. I have noticed that hot air starts coming from the vents when I turn the temp knob to the centre (medium cool) when the aircon is on. Is this normal. If not how do u get the aircon to work in low cool. Also when I turn the temp knob I hear a thunk noise as if some vent is being closed partially. What is this noise?
Its coz hot is mixed with cold air to get the effect! Not a control in the thermostat.

Right guys ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks