Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 14:44   #1516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The main reason for this software change is that some vehicles (including Jays, mine and many others) used to get service light on coasting.
Injector change was needed to solve this issue, and in some cases, even that did not work.

It was not a problem, but sensors used to think its a problem, hence the new software to take care of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks - this is precisely the info I was looking for. My Safari behaves exactly the same - linear power delivery witout any major 'spikes' or 'peaks'. Guess I do not need the retro-fit after all
To best of our information July '09 vehicles should come with with these retrofits already done.

Linear power delivery is the easiest way for a layman customer to understand the ECU ReFlash.

BUT...
I am not so sure especially if you note the last post from TSK1979 above.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:27   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Which month/year is you vehicle? Do you have the retro-upgrades in place?
Feb 09, but still like a new. Done only ~7k kms
here is the retro invoice for mine: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ro-upgrade.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Regaring this ECU flash, the change in power delivery is not really significant
Tsk, in my case the power delivery is a big metamorphosis. I could feel the change instantly and the beast pulls in 4th gear at ~40 kmph like a petrol car and sub 2000 rpm driving is painless. I am sure, it wasn't like this before the upgrade. Pilot window winder and ecu cover were other tangible things from the upgrade event.

-BJ
Old 26th November 2009, 20:41   #1518
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Feb 09, but still like a new. Done only ~7k kms
here is the retro invoice for mine: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ro-upgrade.jpg

Tsk, in my case the power delivery is a big metamorphosis. I could feel the change instantly and the beast pulls in 4th gear at ~40 kmph like a petrol car and sub 2000 rpm driving is painless. I am sure, it wasn't like this before the upgrade. Pilot window winder and ecu cover were other tangible things from the upgrade event.

-BJ
I too have the same observations. Post retro my 3rd and 5th gear are very driveable. 3rd easily give me range from 30 to 70 and 5th can be used from 70+. Before retro 5 could be used only after 90kmph. Even my FE has improved. Earlier i was getting in range of 10-11, now i am 13-14.
Old 26th November 2009, 23:39   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the beast pulls in 4th gear at ~40 kmph like a petrol car and sub 2000 rpm driving is painless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Post retro my 3rd and 5th gear are very driveable. 3rd easily give me range from 30 to 70 and 5th can be used from 70+. Before retro 5 could be used only after 90kmph. Even my FE has improved. Earlier i was getting in range of 10-11, now i am 13-14.
Ditto for me - I guess that clarifies my doubt on the ECU re-flash part. Will check on the other upgrades mentioned by Dadu earlier in this thread.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:28   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Hi guyz,

I am new to this forum, and i own a Tata Safari TCIC 2004 ver..
I want to ask if i can post my problems in this thread, because i didnot find a technical thread about TCIC safari.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:36   #1521
BHPian

Spare key not recognised after ECU upgrade

Hi All,

Have you tried using the spare key after the ECU upgrade. Today my wife wanted to take out vehicle and since I had taken the original key, I asked her to use the spare key. She was not able to open the door using the remote, and when she opened the door manually using the key, the horn was activated .
When I tried with the original key there was no such issue.

I guess this is due to the ECU reflash and my vehicle comes with immobilser and hence recognising only the key inserted during the reflash.

Could anyone please verify and confirm this issue?

I'm yet to call TASS.
Thanks
Kishore

Last edited by bkishore_77 : 30th November 2009 at 12:38.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:43   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkishore_77 View Post
Have you tried using the spare key after the ECU upgrade ... When I tried with the original key there was no such issue.
I guess this is due to the ECU reflash...
Check the battery on the spare key. Sometimes little invisible oxides on the terminals make them dysfunctional. I use both keys after the upgrade. No issues
-BJ
Old 30th November 2009, 13:03   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Check the battery on the spare key. Sometimes little invisible oxides on the terminals make them dysfunctional. I use both keys after the upgrade. No issues
-BJ
I see the red light flickering from the remote and this key is hardly used. Anyway let me check and get back.

Kishore
Old 30th November 2009, 14:01   #1524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see the red light flickering from the remote...
Don't be fooled by the red led. It will glow on a weak battery too, but may not emit RF code. Open the remote cover with a Philips screw driver and take out the battery, clean the terminals and put it back. If it does not work try a new battery or replace with the battery from other remote and see if that works.
-BJ
Old 30th November 2009, 14:22   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
-BJ
Quote:
Don't be fooled by the red led. It will glow on a weak battery too, but may not emit RF code. Open the remote cover with a Philips screw driver and take out the battery, clean the terminals and put it back. If it does not work try a new battery or replace with the battery from other remote and see if that works.
-BJ
A very good point BJ.

My other spare remote is now 2 years old and un-used. I think I will try it out today.
Old 30th November 2009, 20:12   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
I guess this is due to the ECU reflash and my vehicle comes with immobilser and hence recognising only the key inserted during the reflash.

Could anyone please verify and confirm this issue?
Actually the code is accepted / declined by a "box" below the driver seat. this unlocks the car / immobilises it and sends a message to the ECU.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:40   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Dear Safari owners,

The first problem in my now 34000 kms old Safari. It pulls towards the left. This is experienced on a straight road when i leave the steering and on braking. Have got the wheel allignment done, but the problem persists. What should I do next?

TASC insists this is a characteristics peculiar to the Safari and not of concern

Another point, lately when I driver over an uneven road I hear a creaking noise like that of a spring going up & down from the driver side of the suspension. What is this and what to do here?

Would appreciate your responses.

PS: Just like to mention here my Duelers have not had a puncture ever since I bought the car and after 34K kms of running. Just out of curiosity, on an average generally after how long do tyres get punctured?

Last edited by rrsteer : 2nd December 2009 at 11:49.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:40   #1528
BHPian

There are no hard and fast rules regarding punctures. It can occur within the first few Km if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Generally, as the tires get balder, or as the treads wear, the probability increases for a puncture. But then you would change the tires anyway as you would lose traction.

As for the pulling to the left side on hard braking, ask them to check the rear wheel brakes. This topic was covered elsewhere in this forum.
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:46   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Another point, lately when I driver over an uneven road I hear a creaking noise like that of a spring going up & down from the driver side of the suspension. What is this and what to do here?
Could be from the Front Anti Roll bar bushes
Old 2nd December 2009, 12:51   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Dear Safari owners,

The first problem in my now 34000 kms old Safari. It pulls towards the left. This is experienced on a straight road when i leave the steering and on braking. Have got the wheel allignment done, but the problem persists. What should I do next?

TASC insists this is a characteristics peculiar to the Safari and not of concern

Get your steering wheel aligned properly, that will sort out the problem and had faced the same problem earlier.

Kick those TASS guys and ask them not to give such answers and spoil the Safari name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks