Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 20:37   #16
BHPian

rr_zen,I went today and searched a lot in the area you said. I could not find it there. So I went to the website address,only to be told that they do only traffic safety solutions. For Car Detailing,they redirected me to another branch of the same in Alwarpet.

So I paid the Alwarpet branch a visit, and had a talk with 2 people there about their Car Detailing service,exterior and interior. I was quoted 2500 for detailing the exterior and 950 for detailing the interior for Ford Ikon. I was told detailing the exterior and interior would take 4 hours. I also had a look in the place where they work on the cars. It's not a closed area, but not in a sunny area. It has shade.

I'm still not sure if the 2500 and 950 quoted to me is on the higher side. Besides,I don't know when I'll do the car detailing. Will update you if I do it anytime soon.

cya
A
Old 18th January 2008, 21:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

@Absar: I can PM you the mobile number of the guy who works there as a supervisor that used to personally attend to my car everytime. Hope his number hasnt changed now. You can refer my name as Ravi from TCS.

By the way, from what I recollect, I paid a total of around 3K (two years back) and this included:

1. Detailing the exterior
2. Under chassis treatment
3. Treatment of door panels for rust prevention
4. Detailing the interiors like steering, dashboard etc.
5. Tyre Dressing.

Also, you get two free services for the next one year for items 1,4, and 5. Am sure you will be impressed with the work after it is done. You can take a peek at my gallery to have an idea of how the car looks after the treatment.

Last edited by rr_zen : 18th January 2008 at 21:31.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:03   #18
BHPian

Hey rr_zen! That 3k is sure worth of all the work done on the car. However,the person whom I met did not say anything about free services for the next one year. I shall confirm the same when I speak to him next. Btw,the person whom I met at the car detailing branch was Mr.Yadhav.

I'm sure I'll be impressed,but I want to confirm if I shall get the same 2 free services for a year. Btw,thanks a lot for helping me out with 3M. I appreciate your help

cya
A
Old 18th January 2008, 22:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Hey rr_zen! Btw,the person whom I met at the car detailing branch was Mr.Yadhav.

I'm sure I'll be impressed,but I want to confirm if I shall get the same 2 free services for a year. Btw,thanks a lot for helping me out with 3M. I appreciate your help

cya
A
Yadhav is the person I was referring to as well. Just refer my name and he will get it done for you. He knows me pretty well and am sure will be able to help you out. Also, once you are done, pls let me know how it all went. Anytime buddy
Old 19th January 2008, 10:30   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Hi GTO how much each of these guys charge
For the Benz, the standard charge was about 4 - 5 grand for the exteriors, and 1,800 for the interiors. I am sure it is cheaper for smaller cars.
Old 21st January 2008, 20:39   #21
BANNED

AutoGlym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Are U talking about the Auto Glym guy at Inorbit? I have heard that their work is very lackadaisical. Any way will visit them on this weekend. Hope they are working.
The biggest hurdle which I am facing is the fact that most these car polish guys do the polishing in the open, which in a dusty place like ours I feel is wrong.
These are not the Auto Glym guys. They use their own imported brand of imported range of products and brand themselves rather than the companies whose products they use. Let me know how you like their work or see some cars being done by them.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:15   #22
BHPian

Hi, I have just been put in touch with a car polishing guy from Shivaji Park (Mumbai). His name is Vinod Kumar & is supposed to be very good. He charges 1K, but guarantees that his work is the BEST in town. Any one tried this guy? I am planning to get my Pocket Rocket polished in this week, since I need to take her out in the weekend.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:17   #23
BHPian

rajesh_carspa:
Can U please gimme their name, contact no. Any idea how much do they charge for a Zen?
Old 22nd January 2008, 18:56   #24
BHPian

any one in delhi who does a good job?
Old 22nd January 2008, 20:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I have just been put in touch with a car polishing guy from Shivaji Park (Mumbai). His name is Vinod Kumar & is supposed to be very good. He charges 1K, but guarantees that his work is the BEST in town. Any one tried this guy? I am planning to get my Pocket Rocket polished in this week, since I need to take her out in the weekend.
Hey Maverick, be sure to post a review once your car has been given the makeover. Could use this Vinod chaps services for my Indigo.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_carspa View Post
I think you are getting too pricy a deal. Try out the outlet at InOrbit Mall. You can see the work before you get your car done. For a Baleno the complete interiors are done for 900 and a nano coating which is antistatic is for 2500. They check the gloss before and after with a Gloss meter and give a one year warranty. The Gloss meter determines the warranty and not your eye.
yeah sounds like a better deal would be visitin inorbit this weekend whats the name of the store ?

can ne one explain as what does this terms means actually what do they use. in
1. Teflon Coating costs around 1400
2. Polymer coating costs around 5000
3. nano coating costs around 2500

are these the same products but pitched differently to customers.

The product which i have heard from my child hood is caranuba wax original and nothing can be compared to it !!
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore, detailing centres please!!!!!
Old 24th January 2008, 16:13   #28
BHPian

Inorbit Mall

I visited the guys at Inorbit Mall as suggested. I was happy to see a Honda City being worked on. Upon further inquiry I came to know that it was the owner's car & no it was not kept there for Demo purpose either.
These guys basically do 2 types of jobs - A regular wax coating for 750 & a Polymer coating for 1500. The shine of the car in the former is not guaranteed but the later is for a year's time. This does not include doing-up the interiors or even the engine. All thats at an extra cost of 600.
Wanted to know if this is a fair price to pay? I am going to get the car done on this weekend & need to freeze on the guy really fast now...
Old 24th January 2008, 16:22   #29
BHPian

Imorbit

Quote:
I visited the guys at Inorbit Mall
Pls pm me the numbers for the shop , Can you pls ask them about the charges doin on the baleno.
Old 9th February 2008, 21:27   #30
BHPian

i got their number from stanley

rajesh manchada 9821095545

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
Pls pm me the numbers for the shop , Can you pls ask them about the charges doin on the baleno.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks