Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 15:42   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing?

I got the Formula1 scratch out today and used it on the Civic.I found that it did not remove even the minor light sratches.I had applied carnuba wax again from Formula1 weeksa ago.Is the scratch out not working as expected because of the wax.I am a tad dissapointed with the product.Most it did for me was made the sratched slightly faint that all.It did not go as advertised on the bottle.Mind you i am talking about light scratches.
Old 18th December 2011, 22:18   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Most it did for me was made the sratched slightly faint that all.It did not go as advertised on the bottle.Mind you i am talking about light scratches.
I have never found Formula 1 products effective in removing scratches or swirls, most of them available in the market here are fakes so you never know if you got a genuine one or not.

Try getting Turtle scratch and swirl remover from the states or somewhere else - i have used it on my bike when some jealous fellow made some key marks on the tank, it removed 95% of the scratches, only those where paint is chipped off couldnt be healed.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 18:50   #258
BHPian

Reigniting this thread after a long time!

What is an ideal frequency at which interior & exterior detailing should be carried out?
Old 7th January 2013, 14:52   #259

Hey guys,

When I was in USA, I used to hand wash my car (weekly) myself, and do a detail every 6 mo. The result was that the car looked shiny and brand new, even after years of ownership.

I used the following guide for doing a detail and washing my car and this served me REALLY well. For the conditions in USA, I swear by it: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9145

Questions for the group:
1) Anyone in Mumbai (pref South) using Zaino products?
2) No one seems to "clay" in Mumbai. Is this my misunderstanding? Know anyone who does this?
3) @ThinkBig's post in 2008 seemed like they were experimenting. Anyone has updated
4) @GTO do you till you RnR for your interior cleanup? Are they good for leather interiors too?

This seems like an issue across all cities and all cars. Hoping we can get some good options for all to benefit.

M
Old 8th January 2013, 00:12   #260
Senior - BHPian

Hey this thread is pretty much dead. Please post all your detailing related questions and advice in the following thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...guide-455.html
Old 8th January 2013, 12:09   #261
BANNED

Moderator note: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Hi All, I recently got my car detailing done at Washway (Kondapur, Hyderabad). I must admit it was an amazing piece of work by gentlemen out there. The owner of this car detailing shop is Mr. Hemant Kumar Kella, he is a knowledgeable man and has immense interest on cars, has decided to choose a business that would keep him close to these mean machines. Although this is just a side business partnered with other friend of his, he is actually a software engineer by profession. I think this one is the next best detailing store after Kforce in Hyderabad. I recommend BHPians in Hyderabad to give it a try there and share your comments.

Details below:
Mr. Hemant Kumar Kella
M: +91 9849311702
Wash Way, Plot 4, White fields
Kondapur, Hyd 32
E: ww_carcare@yahoo.com

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2013 at 13:00. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid Copy Paste from external Font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.
Old 16th April 2014, 14:26   #262
BHPian

Cleaning Water Mark on Front/Rear Windshields and on the Windows

I bet most of you must be experiencing a great tiff with the Water Marks that remain after a thorough car wash. I faced them every time i washed my car.

I just rummaged through some online sites and Lo! found an simple but very effective cleaner. Guess what is it??!! LEMON!! Yes just cut a lemon in half and rub it over the glass panel and then wash it, the water marks are surely gone! I tried it out and it worked!!

I'm sure many of you would be knowing this, but I was not able to find this anywhere in our forum, so thought of posting it

Last edited by aah78 : 16th April 2014 at 20:44. Reason: Posts moved to existing thread.
gabrielthomas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 20:12   #263
BHPian

Re: Cleaning Water Mark on Front/Rear Windshields and on the Windows

@gabrielthomas:
nice tip, mate! Yet to try this out, if it works then a big thanks!
I have always tried to get rid off water marks by cleaning with microfiber cloth with limited success

Last edited by aah78 : 16th April 2014 at 20:45. Reason: Posts moved to existing thread.
Old 17th April 2014, 08:49   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
I bet most of you must be experiencing a great tiff with the Water Marks that remain after a thorough car wash. I faced them every time i washed my car.

I just rummaged through some online sites and Lo! found an simple but very effective cleaner. Guess what is it??!! LEMON!! Yes just cut a lemon in half and rub it over the glass panel and then wash it, the water marks are surely gone! I tried it out and it worked!!

I'm sure many of you would be knowing this, but I was not able to find this anywhere in our forum, so thought of posting it
gabriel,
is this method only to be used on the glass area and not on the paint area?
So is this applicable to the windows and windshields?
Old 17th April 2014, 11:08   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
gabriel,
is this method only to be used on the glass area and not on the paint area?
So is this applicable to the windows and windshields?
Yeah So far I have tried it only on the glass area and it works quite effectively! :-) Since lemon contains citric acid, using it against the paint area might be a little risky, hence better to avoid.
gabrielthomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 11:10   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
@gabrielthomas:
nice tip, mate! Yet to try this out, if it works then a big thanks!
I have always tried to get rid off water marks by cleaning with microfiber cloth with limited success
Thank you so much! Yes it worked and after the final wash with water, the windshield looks sparkling clean from inside!
Old 18th April 2014, 19:12   #267
BHPian

BHPians, I am in a fix! Yesterday, priest sprinkled kumkum/sintoor over the bonnet of my White colored Fluidic Verna. I couldn't wipe it off there (you know why-we all know not to disturb parents in their religious beliefs).

The worse part was it drizzled while we returned home. Parked the car, immediately wiped off the wet kumkum but yellow/rusty spots have developed in those areas!

Wiped with water/colin but no improvement.How to remove these stains, please?
Old 18th April 2014, 20:06   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmonster View Post
BHPians, I am in a fix! Yesterday, priest sprinkled kumkum/sintoor over the bonnet of my White colored Fluidic Verna. I couldn't wipe it off there (you know why-we all know not to disturb parents in their religious beliefs).

The worse part was it drizzled while we returned home. Parked the car, immediately wiped off the wet kumkum but yellow/rusty spots have developed in those areas!

Wiped with water/colin but no improvement.How to remove these stains, please?

Try hand sanitizer on those spots, it worked for me.

Don't forget to re-wax the car as hand sanitizer will remove all the wax.

Last edited by Power Freak : 18th April 2014 at 20:10.
Power Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 21:25   #269
BHPian

@Power Freak: Thanks for your help!

Tried this on sunday but it didn't work! Any other way to remove this stains
Old 22nd April 2014, 11:21   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Costing of the treatment ??
Hi Guys

I was a hapless customer of the 3M Delhi centre. I actually went through someone in the auto industry and hoped to get a better deal , but like my sales professor had taught me the best deal is what you do for yourself

So my car is a red BMW 320d and I wanted to get the paint protection film done ( PPF). It is frightfully expensive to get this done. So for both the bumpers and the usual susceptible areas of door handles , wing mirrors and fuel tank cover I was quoted 25+ K.

So I decided to just get the susceptible areas done, cost me Rs. 3750/- then from a paint protection sealant which cost 6K I was upsold to the Trizac treatment 9K.

RESULTS:

1. No difference in the car shine ( mine is a red bimmer , I was told because there is too much "orange peel" in the colour. My question if thats the case why was I recommended this in the first place.

2. PPF - had wrinkles , I was told well thats the way it is since the areas are curved !! If that was the case then why not tell me before.
3. Workmanship was very poor had swirls left in the boot of the car which they re-did when I took the car back to them.

Finally as luck would have it I parked the car the same day under a tree which was leaking resin !! So was back to 3M hoping in 24 hrs some goodwill remains and they would get the resin off. Well while promising to do so , the guy just cleaned the car , scratched the bonnet , of course the pompous owner who can see his crew have no faults at all , denied making it. I then asked him the question wasnt the 8-layered TRIZAC supposed to prevent this !!! To which his pat reply get this redone and we will take it out !

CONCLUSION:

2 days , 10 hrs, 14 K spent : Not worth it. The Delhi 3M to say the least is greedy and workmanship sucks. So beware when you go there.

As for the PPF seems like a real deal but too expensive.
Trizac or any treatment like that...... do it when your car is 5 plus years old and then it is worth it . On a 1 year old car it is a waste !

And if your car has too much "orange peel" then be dammed like I was :-) And disappointed that a company like 3M which is 6 sigma in everything can't pick better dealers. Really disappointing experience and results.

PS: Beware of smooth talking jargon speaking detailing salesmen.......they are salesmen and not people who genuinely give you the right advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks