Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2010, 23:19   #226
BHPian

@bottle: The white stuff is the wax which gets stuck in the body panel gaps and scratches. It doesn't show up immediately. You can ask the guys who apply the wax to clean up the body panel gaps and give a final rub down. I guess its better when you supervise (if you have the time that is), or like you said - go there during the weekdays. But I feel they are worth the deal.

Had been there this weekend.

During my visit to my home in Kerala, the backside of my car got coated with fine droplets of cooking oil (The car was parked next to the kitchen window). That cooking oil droplets mixed up with dust and formed a rough residue on the car which I couldn't get rid off with shampoo wash.

So had taken the car to Car Spa. The guys there cleaned the car with diesel and then gave a thorough shampoo wash.

Good job done. Car is very happy
Old 19th May 2010, 16:11   #227
BHPian

Spoke with Alok, few minutes back. He quoted 1250/- for interior cleaning. Going to visit him tomorrow to check the other cars that they have worked upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
For People in Ahmedabad,
Cama Motors has this Car Spa service. Interior and Exterior Detailing, Polymer coating etc
Contact Numbers are 9601250206, 9825404419.

I will get a quote for my linea and let you know the prices.
Old 21st May 2010, 12:28   #228
BANNED

New Nano Technology

A lot is being said about different centres, products used by different detailers. Can anyone highlight the different technologies available in India which are being used all over the world? The Nano technology is gaining over the conventional wax coatings. More resistant to environmental elements like pollution, bird droppings and tree sap. Majority of us park our cars in the open. Nano products are not cheap, but then so are our cars and our prized possessions. There is a demand for such products but the problem is there are too many so-called "teflon" treatments which are fooling the public.

I am posting a photograph of a 6 year old Baleno car done with one such Nano product. No wax, as black cars would attract a lot of dust and finally show up swirls. I think the readers will get what I mean.
Car Detailing?-4623353583_81ebee8c42_o.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th May 2010 at 12:47. Reason: External hosting of picture not allowed, go through Announcement section before proceeding. Thanks
Old 21st May 2010, 20:45   #229
BHPian

Wow looks awesome.
What products did you use ? Details please !
Old 24th May 2010, 21:36   #230
BHPian

Yeah Rajesh...details please!

Brilliant finish...almost mirror like. Your handle says Carzspa, do you by any chance work there?
Old 25th May 2010, 22:00   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Yeah Rajesh...details please!

Brilliant finish...almost mirror like. Your handle says Carzspa, do you by any chance work there?
Neutral Grey,

My handle is Carspa and not Carzspa. Both are different companies. I am at this moment not involved with neither company. I have been into car detailing since the last 14 years. As this forum many persons are still learning, I am trying to put in my experience to those possessing the same passion.

The product used was an inorganic nano based product. We are testing many non-conventional products suitable for our Indian climate. Those which are swirl resistant, non-static, easy to clean etc in our hot, humid and dusty climate.

I am still testing many other products for our conditions and will regularly post photos and take the opinion of all car lovers on team-bhp. We are also taking tests of the products which will be resistant to strong acids, strong alkalies and even scratching by vandalism.

When we are nearing the end of our testing phase we will then let all members judge for themselves what they are looking for.

Our final program is to open technical detailing schools in India.
Old 26th May 2010, 12:29   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajesh- Must say the results on the Baleno are ammmmazing !
Could you please electorate in layman terms what the difference between conventional waxing v/s nano based is ? By when can we expect the products to complete the testing phase and be ready to be treated on our cars?
Old 26th May 2010, 17:53   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Rajesh- Must say the results on the Baleno are ammmmazing !
Could you please electorate in layman terms what the difference between conventional waxing v/s nano based is ? By when can we expect the products to complete the testing phase and be ready to be treated on our cars?
Sahil,

Thank you for the appreciative comments. Well first to lay a deadline for the completion of the testing it is hard to say as like waxes, there are 1000's of products and various claims. I am trying to narrow them down to our Indian conditions. I have already spent 2 years doing this but am quite near the completion. The process cannot be speeded up as it has to be tested under the complete climatic conditions such as summers, winters and monsoons.

Now for your main question. We all know about waxes, they add the depth and the wet look because of the oils. Carnauba being the best. Unfortunately the downside is they attract dirt and also have to be applied quite regularly. There is a saturation point beyond which you cannot layer the wax. At times more you put the worse it gets. Big companies always have not one product but many. All have differing quantities of the main ingredient of wax. Some add silicone oil, solvents etc. Nano products like the word means small. One nanometer is a billionth of a metre. You can get various definitions on google for the size. The technologies available are both organic or inorganic. Organic are polymers which form these tiny sheets on the clear coat on reaction. The inorganic ones fuse to the clear coat. The idea is to put these nano particles on the paint and create the lotus effect. Water could just form droplets or sheet off depending on the chemistry.

The world over many persons are working on this technology. Results are very encouraging. Hopefully you will get this technology, well tested in our Indian conditions, in the year 2010. There will be two types available. One the DIY one and the other professional application. Obviously the professional one will last much longer than the DIY products.

Just for wax lovers. Nano products could be topped up with wax. But personally I would not like to do that.
Old 27th May 2010, 07:50   #234
BHPian

Hi, can anyone let me know if there is any good car detailing place in Kolkata for my Maruti Swift?
Old 11th October 2010, 10:31   #235
Senior - BHPian

i went to carzspa yesterday, the guy told me to go for a polymer costing insead of teflon one and the charges are 3300/ + 600/ service pack every three months,
this will keep my car in brand new condition for one year, is there any major benefits in this.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:21   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i went to carzspa yesterday, the guy told me to go for a polymer costing insead of teflon one and the charges are 3300/ + 600/ service pack every three months,
this will keep my car in brand new condition for one year, is there any major benefits in this.
@ruchirtnt

Are you talking about the 4 step coating with Polymer sealant. It costs Rs 3200/- in Thane at the carzspa franchisee. I had been there to enquire about the rates.

Regarding the service packs I was given a pamplet which talks about the Car Maint Contracts available in 3 options for Ford Fiesta
1) Silver Rs 6750 every 3 months
2) Gold Rs 7950 every 2 months
3) Platinum Rs 14000 every month.

I feel the Carzspa rates are slightly on the higher side although I witnessed one Lancer being detailed and was amazed at the way the car looked. The staff was well versed with the detailing. I was told by the owner that they use Meguiar products only for detailing.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:59   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@ruchirtnt
Regarding the service packs I was given a pamplet which talks about the Car Maint Contracts available in 3 options for Ford Fiesta
1) Silver Rs 6750 every 3 months
2) Gold Rs 7950 every 2 months
3) Platinum Rs 14000 every month.
correct, the owner of carzspa asked me to go for the Gold membership at 7950, but it requires the car to be taken every two months, which looks quite a commitment, so i am looking for that 4 step process for polymer as it is better than teflon (as told by him), but what is the major benefit apart from may be a months glitter, this could be achieved by wax polish as well.
there is an additional cost of 600 as service pack every three months.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 11th October 2010 at 12:02. Reason: addition
Old 11th October 2010, 12:39   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
there is an additional cost of 600 as service pack every three months.
I was not told about this during my visit. Also committing Rs 14000/- pa would be too much for asking, hence I dont feel the need for this option.

I was planning to go in for the exterior Wash n wax, Interior and the 4 step option which in total would cost me 5K but I will have too keep the vehicle for one full day depending upon the bookings on that day.

But the shine on the Lancer has tempted me to zero in on this detailer. Will keep posting about how this goes.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:44   #239
BHPian

Hi - Can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad for Car detailing and polishing? Preferably near Banjara Hills.
Old 29th October 2010, 16:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby-069 View Post
Hi - Can someone suggest a good place in Hyderabad for Car detailing and polishing? Preferably near Banjara Hills.
Found this one online WELCOME TO GLITZCARSPA: Could anyone let me know if they've been there and how would you rate them on service & cost?

Will anyway go there over the weekend and post an update.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks