Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 23:53   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would suggest, let me be the first "Bakra/Guinea Pig"
as I have impulsively booked an appointment for this weekend and post my results. You can see the result and then carry on if you are satisfied.
Keep fingers crossed Devdath... I guess there is not much to worry about during internal detailing. I got external detailing done from a local guy and when they used a machine with rotary wheel which has a cloth covering on it to polish and shine the teflon, they ended up removing some paint at spots... I noticed it only after I came home with the car:(

Don't want to scare you, but watch very very carefully.

Once again, all the best. Hope you get very very pleasing results.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 17th December 2009 at 23:54. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 18th December 2009, 15:37   #197
BHPian

Has anyone tried 3M car detailing from Carnation auto?
Old 18th December 2009, 22:49   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
I got external detailing done from a local guy and when they used a machine.

Local guys best to stick to manual polishing and waxing.

With a machine its like going to a good dentist or good tattoo artist who have a light hand and dont 'jarr' your bones lol.
Old 18th December 2009, 23:12   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Has anyone tried 3M car detailing from Carnation auto?
I get 3M car detailing done at my doorstep at a competitive price and decent quality as well.
Old 19th December 2009, 02:13   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_payne View Post
The Autovega owner just called me up. Details are:

InstaShine
- Rs.3,499 for exterior detailing
- Rs.1,499 for interior detailing

They offer service at doorstep as well.

Pune-ites! Any other options?
hi payne!!

here is the content of email from the autovega guy!

"Hello,

Our Instalube basic service is 1499/- , Instashine Interior detailing is 899/- and Instashine Exterior detailing is 2699/-

In any case do call me or let me know your cell number and we can talk in details,

Thanks for your enquiry,

Regards,

Shri
9373079587"

It looks like he is willing to bargain.

you can also try opulent. Opulent. cost is slightly on the higher side may be but i spoke to the commercial manager i think. knows his job. if u want his no. pm me.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:02   #201
BANNED

Auto Vega Service Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Once again, all the best. Hope you get very very pleasing results.
Thank you for those precautionary steps Vasanth, the Auto Vega people came to my place at 11 in the morning and they were with Hariya till 330 in the afternoon.
One observation which put me at ease was the usage of top class branded products by them like Wurth, Valvoline, BOSCH etc be it tools or chemicals. Also, the proprietor of Auto Vega Bangalore seemed to be a knowledgeable person who had been in auto industry for close to 20 years now.

Overall, the exterior cleaning and polishing was one by the same "rotating cloth"machine and the interior cleaning was done manually.

I would rate them at 7 out of 10 points. I do not know if the others are better as I have not experienced any of them.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:11   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would rate them at 7 out of 10 points. I do not know if the others are better as I have not experienced any of them.
Hey Dev, maybe you and i should compare our cars. I got mine done last week from Sparkle Car Spa at Forum. Here is the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1639856
Old 21st December 2009, 12:25   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for those precautionary steps Vasanth, the Auto Vega people came to my place at 11 in the morning and they were with Hariya till 330 in the afternoon.
One observation which put me at ease was the usage of top class branded products by them like Wurth, Valvoline, BOSCH etc be it tools or chemicals. Also, the proprietor of Auto Vega Bangalore seemed to be a knowledgeable person who had been in auto industry for close to 20 years now.

Overall, the exterior cleaning and polishing was one by the same "rotating cloth"machine and the interior cleaning was done manually.

Why are you rating them 7? Is there any aspect you are not happy about? Is it possible to post before and after pictures?
Old 21st December 2009, 18:08   #204
BHPian

@vasanthn21 and n.devdath

How much did the servicing cost you? have you come across anybody who has tried Car care club so far
Old 22nd December 2009, 12:04   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
@vasanthn21 and n.devdath

How much did the servicing cost you? have you come across anybody who has tried Car care club so far
As mentioned I got it done from a local guy. He was earlier doing it in some service center. Now, he does it at his home. I took the car to his house, the car is parked in front of his house, and he does all the work there.

He charged me 2500 for exterior and interior detailing. I was very happy with the exterior detailing. Even now (almost after 9 months) the shine from the teflon coating (he used some imported cream for this) is still there. The scratches which had become almost invisible have started appearing again though. I was not very happy with the interior detailing, though the interiors were clean and looking neat, i felt they were very rough in doing it... the leather seats were scrubbed with a bug brush (the one normally used for cleaning floors). Now the seats are tearing (I believe it was due to the detailing). Can't blame him completely though, the leather upholstery has aged too... it was put by the first owner in 2005. I guess its life is almost over.

In addition, I also got a windscreen treatment done from him for which he charged Rs.750. He used some pink powder and used a machine to clean the glass. The treatment is supposed to reduce the glare on the windscreen (along the wiper blade marks) in rains when light from opposite direction falls on the windscreen. I was not at all happy with this. Even now glares a lot in rains... I guess I will have to go to windscreen experts and get it replaced if required.

No, i have not used the services of car care club. I was very tempted to go to them before I went to this guy. I was very excited about their performance detailing (explained in their website). But, I was referred to this guy by a cousin. I will be trying the car care club next time though. If you use their services, please let me know your feedback.

Last edited by vasanthn21 : 22nd December 2009 at 12:07. Reason: Speeling
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:08   #206
Senior - BHPian

guys here is a new Lexus LS460 we tested with a paint enhancement and protection product.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Detailing?-dsc00448.jpg  

Car Detailing?-dsc00450.jpg  

Car Detailing?-dsc00453.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 22:10   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I get 3M car detailing done at my doorstep at a competitive price and decent quality as well.
If this is in Chennai, then care to share your contact please!!
Old 15th March 2010, 16:59   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
guys here is a new Lexus LS460 we tested with a paint enhancement and protection product.
PSed?

Joking. Bloody great job. Can you explain the process.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:21   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh_carspa View Post
I think you are getting too pricy a deal. Try out the outlet at InOrbit Mall. You can see the work before you get your car done. For a Baleno the complete interiors are done for 900 and a nano coating which is antistatic is for 2500. They check the gloss before and after with a Gloss meter and give a one year warranty. The Gloss meter determines the warranty and not your eye.

Any idea where do we get a gloss meter - cost etc. ?
Atlantik logistics
Old 16th March 2010, 11:12   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Awesome !
Would love to know more about the product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks