Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:15   #151
BHPian

I am loaded with car car stuff. But I prefer a professional job once in 6 months. I still hvae not got my answer.
Old 22nd September 2008, 15:46   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

@CrazyDiablo, what was your question ?

If you want references to detailers, then (IIRC) Jaggu had given one reference, of a person who can come & do the detailing at your place.
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:08   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Its time to give the car a new shine. I have been trying to contact Mohan from Accord Auto. But he is not picking up. Has the number changed?
Which number you tried, PM me ill check and let you know, though i havent used his service afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
I am loaded with car car stuff. But I prefer a professional job once in 6 months. I still hvae not got my answer.
Even if Mohan is not available, you can approach any good painting shop and get the job done. I did waxing twice myself and didnt bother with Mohan.
Old 25th September 2008, 15:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundeep View Post
I need to know good places for Upholsery / Interiors cleaning for my car.
Just brought my Getz back from 50,000 km service. The hyundai dealer offered "engine degreasing" and interior cleaning for Rs 650 each using 3M products.
I am highly impressed. The car interiror is spotless, and all plastics have been coated with an Armor-All type coating, which makes them shine with a deep black sheen. The carpets are fresh, all nooks and corners really squeaky clean. Only the roof liner could have been done better, it still looks a little grubby.
The engine bay is astoundingly clean and shiny. It really looks like a car one has collected from the showrooms, not a speck of dust or grease, all plastics deep black, all metals ultra clean. I think this is going to be on my service lists from now on.
Let me see if Maruti can provide the same for the Baleno.
Old 25th September 2008, 20:37   #155
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you try Mohan's service or 3M Car Polish services, either one seems good ones.

I havenot tried Mohan's service from last 6 months, recently my driver has washed Innova with Amway car shampoo and then dried the vehicle fully and applied Amway Silicon Glaze which is car Polish material starting from doors to other panels on exterior of the vehicle and rubbed with white cotton waste which we had purchased from friend's shop, it worked like wonders, Blue Innova shines very much especially Metal parts. Next time when we do Polish I will make sure I find material which would give better shine on bumper too!

Next month after 30,000km service I am planning to have Mohan Polish Innova once!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th September 2008, 11:56   #156
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Just checked their website, prices range from Rs3500 to Rs15000.
Question is are they worth it?
Who is next best in Pune and how much do they charge?
Thanks
We've heard only good things about them. But yes, they are very expensive.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:46   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you want something top-grade, try the carandbikesalon. They have a base in Pune but are very expensive.
Sorry I only just saw your post and I know its a little dated but not sure if you have done what you needed to but yes Kaviraj has all the equipment used by professional detailers , I think he TPC3car care centre's authorised dealer in Pune ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Thanks rchimni
Do they use professional cleaning equipment?
I want to get my Mercedes cleaned like it was just leaving the showroom. Are the guys you mentioned professional like that?

Sorry I only just saw your post and I know its a little dated but not sure if you have done what you needed to but yes Kaviraj has all the equipment used by professional detailers , I think he TPC3car care centre's authorised dealer in Pune ..

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th February 2009 at 12:14. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread.
Old 24th December 2008, 22:33   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Can someone suggest me a good place in Delhi for Car detailing and polishing? Preferably near Rohini. I want it for my Civic.

Thanks,
MG
Old 5th January 2009, 17:02   #159
BANNED

New car detailer in market!! Thats me.. got the polisher a few days back. Got all the polishes / rubbing compounds from the sole 3M distributer in AP. Got a little bit of training too from that guy on the products as well as the polisher machine.

I have already done 2 cars. 1st my Innova and then my Fiesta.

There was v very much noticeable difference after the buffing and polishing- Specially with the Fiesta (coz thats dark in color - Maroon). To see the difference, I had first dome Half bonnet and woooaaah. All the swril marks had gone and the half bonnet looked much shinier!!! Sorry.... Couldnt take the pics though...

Will be doing my swift soon!!

Last edited by zerocritical : 5th January 2009 at 17:03.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:31   #160
BHPian

car detailing

I want to get car detailing done for my zen. I have two options:
1) I read about Mr.Mohan in one of the threads and contacted the given number. charges - Rs.1000
2) Mr.Shashi from the care care club (THE CAR CARE CLUB). The charge here is Rs.2250 for exterior detailing, and Rs.700 for interior detailing (Total Rs.2950). They are authorised dealers for 3M and Dupoint and claim to do detailing for many car dealers.

There is a huge price difference. But, from the looks of the site of the car care club, it looks to be of very good quality.

Can someone help me out here? Has anyone got the detailing done at the car care club - if so, feedback please.

I have seen some good feedback about Mr.Mohan's work too and thats the reason for the confusion.

Please help me in deciding by providing your valuable feedback.
Old 21st February 2009, 14:58   #161
BHPian

Detailing in Mumbai

I have had the best experience for detailing with MASS.

My car was in my office parking for a week, I returned to find it covered in cement splatters, which had hardened and set over 1 week in the sun.

Everyone I approached, including the place at inorbit mall, acted like they had never heard about cement splatters on a car, were unsure about how it could be removed, and quoted extra for the job, apart from regular polishing charges. On top of it, no one was wiling to give a guarantee for whether the cement would come off, and whether the cars finish would be scratched.

I finally approached MASS, to my surprise they acted like it was no big deal, said it would get cleaned up in a regular 3M polish job, cost Rs.1500/-, no extra charges, and assurance of no damage to my finish. The end result was perfect.. no sign that there had ever been any cement on my car. And I also got the interiors cleaned and shampooed for just Rs.500/- extra.

And no, I am in no way affiliated to Maruti, am just pleasantly surprised by their service standards. The job was done at Spectra motors, Malad workshop.
Old 16th March 2009, 10:44   #162
BHPian

Upholstery Cleaning For Innova In Mumbai

Am looking for a place in the eastern suburbs (upto Chembur/Ghatkopar) or
western suburbs (upto Andheri) to get the seats of my innova dry/steam cleaned.

Need someone who wont leave the oft quoted. moldy smell in the car.

Most of the articles in this thread deal with polish. hence a separate post.

Thanks
Old 16th March 2009, 11:40   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesis View Post
Am looking for a place in the eastern suburbs (upto Chembur/Ghatkopar) or
western suburbs (upto Andheri) to get the seats of my innova dry/steam cleaned.

Need someone who wont leave the oft quoted. moldy smell in the car.

Most of the articles in this thread deal with polish. hence a separate post.

Thanks
Hi. If you want to try a DIY, try this:
take a sponge and some PRIL. dip a corner of sponge in PRIL mixed with water. Wipe the seat with this corner and then wipe it off with a clean damped cloth. It worked for me and the seats look like professionally cleaned.
Old 16th March 2009, 11:47   #164
Senior - BHPian

Any car detailing agencies in chandigarh?
Old 19th March 2009, 17:15   #165
BHPian

@zerocritical: thanks! but am looking for a low risk professional job.
Others in Mumbai: Bump! Still looking for input

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks