Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2016, 21:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Change the windshield? Insurance or Payment Upfront?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
MASS says they will "do the needful" and claim under insurance
In addition to what others have already mentioned on the NCB, the doing part of "do the needful" sounds shady, exercise caution and verify "how" the needful will be done.

And wishing you happy miles with your new purchase, have heard only good things about the S-Cross.
Old 12th June 2016, 22:15   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift DZire windscreens are not expensive, and there are cheap but good (imported) alternatives to the Asahi (Windshield Experts) / MSIL brands. Suggest you find a friendly neighbourhood auto glass stockist, and have the windscreen changed. Probably cost you less than going to WE and having the scratched area polished. Absolutely no need to claim insurance for the sake of perhaps 1500-2000 INR at most.

Check if the compressor is by Behr or not. Behr compressors are known to cause this krrrrr kind of noise when idling on a hot day with the AC on. As long as cooling is sufficient, don't bother changing it - it'll last a few more years, and the decision to change will depend on the next owner's tolerance of noise levels.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 22:49   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In addition to what others have already mentioned on the NCB, the doing part of "do the needful" sounds shady, exercise caution and verify "how" the needful will be done.

And wishing you happy miles with your new purchase, have heard only good things about the S-Cross.
I agree does sound shady but they said they can have it done. He just says simple, glass break karo. :O
It's been 3 months and parents are still not convinced on spending 14.5 on the scross. Don't know why! They say it's too expensive but then I don't want to consider any other option. Have to have them onboard cause of the finances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Swift DZire windscreens are not expensive, and there are cheap but good (imported) alternatives to the Asahi (Windshield Experts) / MSIL brands. Suggest you find a friendly neighbourhood auto glass stockist. Check if the compressor is by Behr or not. Behr compressors are known to cause this krrrrr kind of noise when idling on a hot day with the AC on. As long as cooling is sufficient, don't bother changing it - it'll last a few more years, and the decision to change will depend on the next owner's tolerance of noise levels.

Wouldn't want to take the chance of the alternatives safety wise. Unsure of noise at high speeds and leaks etc.
The krrrr sound is exactly the sound it makes and has been making for a while now, not only on a hot day but usually. Not sure but maybe BEHR. Cools well in the evening but not much on a sunny day. Will need to top up the gas maybe, unsure of it.
Old 12th June 2016, 22:51   #49
Senior - BHPian

Try windshield experts, the cost of the new windshield should not be more than 6 to 7K maximum. You will be saving a lot on insurance if you hold on to 50% NCB for your new car.
Old 13th June 2016, 08:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

My suggestions as below:
1) Replace the windshield from MS workshop. This would not cost more than 5K I suppose. Get the Compressor serviced.
2) Claim the NCB while buying insurance on S cross. You should be easily able to save atleast 15K off the Insurance cost.

Now weigh which will be costlier - saving 15K on S cross of spending say max 7K on the Dzire repairs. Take an informed decision.

All values quoted are my assumptions, actual price may differ.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 09:28   #51
Senior - BHPian

Please get windshield replaced at MASS without claiming insurance and transfer NCB while buying new car.
It's close to monsoon season, better to have clear windshield in rains.
Old 13th June 2016, 10:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

I just replaced windscreen of my Swift Dzire Ldi.. Asahi for 3K all inclusive here in Delhi. No need to go to WE. It's a half an hour job with 2 hours as 'rest'.
panky12345 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 16:41   #53
BHPian

Re: Insurance claim for broken windshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Try windshield experts, the cost of the new windshield should not be more than 6 to 7K maximum. You will be saving a lot on insurance if you hold on to 50% NCB for your new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
My suggestions as below:
1) Replace the windshield from MS workshop. This would not cost more than 5K I suppose. Get the Compressor serviced.
2) Claim the NCB while buying insurance on S cross. You should be easily able to save atleast 15K off the Insurance cost.
Now weigh which will be costlier - saving 15K on S cross of spending say max 7K on the Dzire repairs. Take an informed decision.
All values quoted are my assumptions, actual price may differ.
This practically makes a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I just replaced windscreen of my Swift Dzire Ldi.. Asahi for 3K all inclusive here in Delhi. No need to go to WE. It's a half an hour job with 2 hours as 'rest'.
I've checked, MASS guys quoted Rs. 7500/-
Windshield Experts quoted Rs. 5800/-
Car accessories shop said they have dealerships who will come and have this changed at home or at the shop, they quoted Rs. 4500/-

My concerns with the Car Accessories shop is that will the glass be original since Maruti Spare Parts say the glass is for Rs. 4000/-
How do I know the glass is NOT a fake? The car shop guys say who's going to stamp a windshield. Confused
Old 15th June 2016, 10:02   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My concerns with the Car Accessories shop is that will the glass be original since Maruti Spare Parts say the glass is for Rs. 4000/-
How do I know the glass is NOT a fake? The car shop guys say who's going to stamp a windshield. Confused
It comes with a warranty card from Asahi.. moreover, its from an authorised dealer dealing in windscreens only. Yes, its a different story that the shop is in wholesale car market.
Old 15th June 2016, 12:24   #55
BHPian

Had the worst experience with Windshield Experts, Goregoan, Bhandur Nagar (Mumbai). I came in this morning asking them to check the glass and what are the scratches. They confirmed that the same was on the glass and nothing could be done about it. Also, mentioned that my glass is darker than the one they were about to fit and told them to confirm if there is a film to which they said you cannot get to know if there is a film or not you need to change this.
They removed the old glass and in the process cracked it etc. On which I noticed that there was a film on the glass. I ripped the film out and there was nothing on the glass
I asked them about this to which they again said there's no way, your glass was darker there may have been a film.
Such a horrid thing! Claiming to be experts, they could not figure if there is a film on the glass or not? Suffering the price of Rs. 5850 for their negligence.
As far as I know films from my glasses were removed because of the harassment from the cops. These guys have made it into a money making business.
Hate the fact that I had to pay close to 6k, when all that could've been done was have the film removed.

Experts should check the glass first before suggesting a change, this is like daylight robbery.
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2016, 13:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I ripped the film out and there was nothing on the glass
Holy Cow. Does it mean that the glass had no scratches on them. it was the film which had gone bad. This is sheer stupidity on the part of Windshield experts. You should taken them to task and ask them to replace the cracked glass free of cost. What are they experts in, smoking pot? Man I feel sorry for you.

For sure I am not recommending Windshield Experts to anyone now.

Few more sad experiences:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tallation.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post2201432

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post2201432
Old 15th June 2016, 13:34   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Holy Cow. Does it mean that the glass had no scratches on them. it was the film which had gone bad. This is sheer stupidity on the part of Windshield experts. You should taken them to task and ask them to replace the cracked glass free of cost. What are they experts in, smoking pot? Man I feel sorry for you.

For sure I am not recommending Windshield Experts to anyone now.
I did not even claim insurance and did the payment myself. Called the centralized help desk. They confirmed that film check is supposed to be done before changing or taking any action on the glass, how was this missed by these guys? They blame me saying you should have told us if there is a film on the screen or not. I have a complaint number I want to know what is the next step. Ideally, I should get a refund since there was just the film that was scratched and not the glass. Stupid explanations of glue would cause a lot of glare and stuff should not be given.
Old 15th June 2016, 13:40   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a complaint number I want to know what is the next step.
Pursue them till they relent. Threaten them of voicing your frustration on their facebook page or social networking websites. If you have time then reach out to the consumer redressal forum. But believe me, you will get even more frustrated. Is the cracked glass replaced or yet to be changed? If not yet changed approach MSIL and get it changed.
Old 15th June 2016, 14:16   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Pursue them till they relent. Threaten them of voicing your frustration on their facebook page or social networking websites. If you have time then reach out to the consumer redressal forum. But believe me, you will get even more frustrated. Is the cracked glass replaced or yet to be changed? If not yet changed approach MSIL and get it changed.
I've sent them a mail as a complaint, placed a complaint on their helpline. Tweeted and Sent a message on Facebook(Will have some support there)
They had replaced it, I paid for it. The car stands in the basement at the moment. SO furious I need comfort food
People have spent their hard earned money
Old 26th June 2016, 14:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

I need to change windscreen of my Swift 2013. My insurance is renewal date is 8th July with NCB of 20% (1228+14.5%=Rs.1406).

I can get it changed after 8th July because it is a hairline crack like this:

Name:  Screenshot 155.png
Views: 8968
Size:  24.2 KB

I called up Windshield Experts and they said that because my insurance is National Insurance from Maruti, they can not provide cashless facility (they do it for National Insurance if bought directly). I will need to pay Rs.5200 and after 15-20 days, I will get a cheque of Rs.3550.

I called up MASS also. They said that I will have to leave the car for 2-3 days. It will be cashless and I will need to pay 1300-1400. I don't want to leave the car at any workshop overnight unless absolutely necessary.

I want no compromise on glass quality, it has to be original with professional installation to avoid problems like water leaking.

Please suggest what should I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Is it same glass that we get at MASS/WE with the logo? Please let me know the place.

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 26th June 2016 at 14:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks