Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 03:41   #61
BHPian

original prob

Quote:
Originally Posted by salil_kulkarni View Post
honestly, i cant come to terms with the FE figures posted in this thread. I drive a Palio 1.6 gtx and the cars clocked over 50,000 kms till date. in the city, the car has never given more than 9kmpl no matter how light one's foot is, and the same moves up to about 11-12 kmpl on the highway.
In the respective engine category of 1500-1600 cc.....id rate the palio on the top...almost on par with the Old Honda City 1.5/Vtec. There really is no substitute for power.......FE can take a hike :P
i agree with you on the hike part but his prob of FE could relate to any of the related components[ecu,O2 sensor,clogged intake/filter, carbon,exhaust etc] shuold nt a scan show the prob?
Old 23rd August 2007, 20:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

sajeeth, any updates.Could you solve the issue?
Old 10th November 2007, 08:48   #63

Palio 1.6 GTX - FE drops to 5kmpl

Hi,
The FE has dropped to 5kmpl in my Palio 1.6 GTX. Got it recently serviced at Shaman, where they said that they can do little to solve this problem.

Shaman guys are only polite and can try only to help you, but my multiple interactions with them has me convinced that they genuinely lack technical skills. Hence I have decided not to approach them for solving complex issues .

Can I anyone of you recommend some place other than Shaman either in Mumbai or Pune, who can correctly diagnose and solve the problem.

Regard,
Vikram
Old 10th November 2007, 10:59   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudakesh View Post
Hi,
The FE has dropped to 5kmpl in my Palio 1.6 GTX. Got it recently serviced at Shaman, where they said that they can do little to solve this problem.

Shaman guys are only polite and can try only to help you, but my multiple interactions with them has me convinced that they genuinely lack technical skills. Hence I have decided not to approach them for solving complex issues .

Can I anyone of you recommend some place other than Shaman either in Mumbai or Pune, who can correctly diagnose and solve the problem.

Regard,
Vikram
Send a PM to Sameer (TURBOSAM on teambhp), He can give you good pointers. He works in PUNE with some fiat workshop and have good knowledge about fiat's 1.6 engines.
Old 10th November 2007, 11:36   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
if u buy the fuel in can and then fill it in the car ull get what u pay for without the cut. and will get still better figures!
What do you mean "buy fuel in can" - do they sell fuel in cans? Do you
have to take your own can? Also how much fuel can you get in a can?
Old 14th November 2007, 12:15   #66

Well MoralFibre,

Mind sharing any of the tips this guy has given?

Srini.
Old 6th October 2008, 20:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

sajeeth....foby here

very glad to see you again in tbhp, really long time mate. i heard that you sold your orange palio, dude did you used stage two clutch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks