Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2005, 18:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Somebody - please reply - I have mnade up my mind to buy the polishing product this evening . Which one should I use ?.

never used Waxpol ,so cannot comment on it.i have seen it and di not like it.also its verry cheap.
go for good ones like turle wax,valvoline...
Old 11th April 2005, 20:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest Nanowax from turtle wax.
I am using Turtle wax leather polish and scratch remover and i love it.
I also have amway car polish.
Once my (mine because i use it - my drivers want nothing to do with it - and paid for it) stock gets over (my car care products as of now are covering 1/4 the trunk space of our corolla) i will go and buy systematically or go to TPC3.
Oh and TPC3 is an agency which specializes in car polish and all.
They are located in mumbai and their website is www.tpc3carcare.com .

Last edited by lamborghini : 11th April 2005 at 20:39.
Old 12th April 2005, 12:19   #18
BHPian

well i use a Eagle 1 wax (carnabua wax) given me gud results
Old 24th November 2005, 11:03   #19
BHPian

Guys, where can i buy a good scratch remover in Bangalore? Brand? Cost?
Old 24th November 2005, 16:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

a friend of mine got color-up from dubai.its a colour enriched Hi tech polish and reviews bout it ? has any one used it and is it good ?

Rev
Old 25th November 2005, 18:25   #21
Max
BHPian

hi, i polish my Aquila every 7 or 10 days with formula one. After i polish my bike it shines like new. Will it hert paint job in long run?
Old 25th November 2005, 18:33   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
hi, i polish my Aquila every 7 or 10 days with formula one. After i polish my bike it shines like new. Will it hert paint job in long run?
Hi Max,

You do not need to polish your bike that often. Also if you are using the rubbing compound then it will be disastrous as you are almost cutting one layer of paint with every polish depending on how much pressure you apply.

On the other side if it is the paste wax shining compund only then no harm. However that will give you a good gloss whilst leaving the dirt below it. Best is to give your bike a good polish once in 3-4 months and a dood washing everyday.

Viper
Old 26th November 2005, 16:36   #23
Max
BHPian

Hi Viper,

Thanks for advice but here at turlewax faq it says following

http://www.turtlewax.com/corporate/faq.htm#faq16

Quote:
Q: Does car wax remove the top layer of paint or does car wax add a layer to the paint?
A: Applying a wax product to your car's finish will not remove paint from your vehicle. Turtle Wax� car polish/wax products do contain slight cleaning agents to remove waxy buildup and mild oxidation but also adds a protective layer to your finish. Car wax will only remove surface contaminants or surface oxidation. Car wax or car polish will not remove a finish coating in good condition.
however you are right, everywhere they say wax your car every 3-6 months.

Last edited by Max : 26th November 2005 at 16:39.
Old 26th November 2005, 16:52   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Hi Viper,

Thanks for advice but here at turlewax faq it says following

http://www.turtlewax.com/corporate/faq.htm#faq16

however you are right, everywhere they say wax your car every 3-6 months.
hi max,

I was referring to the rubbing compounds and not the paste wax.

Viper
Old 28th November 2005, 08:43   #25
BHPian

Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Car Polish

Guys,
There has been so much hype about this new product from Turtlewax called Ice for some time. They claim that there is nothing like it on the market today. You have to take that seriously, coming from the world's number 1 car care company!

They unveiled it at the SEMA show in Las Vegas and it will be selling for $17 for a 16 oz. bottle..... Pretty steep price!

One of the advantages is that you can be sloppy and not worry about the wax ruining the look of the black trim around the windows unlike carnuba based wax!

Plus, if it does everything they say it will do, it might be worth the price!

I haven't seen it in Chicago area stores yet. No idea when it is launched globally.

I currently use NuFinish (love the ease of application) and Turtle Wax.

I also bought the Mr.Clean Autodry which is a water filter and soap attachment that hooks on to a water hose and does a great job of washing the car. It even dries spot-free in minutes. It truly did everything that the box said it would!

Those of you who are worried about leaving swirl marks while dusting the car...... A product called California car duster that gets the job done quickly and efficiently. I got my cousin one after I watched his driver "clean" the car with a bucket of water which had turned completely muddy with more than half the car still to go......
That's the quickest way to get micro scratches on the paint that dulls the exterior.

Last edited by Zensible : 28th November 2005 at 09:01.
Old 19th January 2006, 05:09   #26
BANNED

Is there any need for drying a bike in the open sun after applying Formula 1 Wax Polish ?
Old 19th January 2006, 13:30   #27
BHPian

i dont think it is recommended. It should be dried away from the sun and not in it.
Old 19th January 2006, 20:15   #28
BHPian

waxpol is quite good, but one of the best poilshes are from turtle wax.
for all your plastics/ art leather/ dashboard you can use "Son of a Gun". This is a very nice product and really gives a nice clean look.
Old 5th July 2006, 12:23   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdiga
Guys, where can i buy a good scratch remover in Bangalore? Brand? Cost?
I use Valvoline Eagle One products and I pick it up directly from the distributer in Bangalore at wholesale rates. You can contact him for more details Mr. Vijay Kumar ( 09886301107 )
Depot Address
No. 36, R.S. Building, II Cross Kalasipalyam New Extension Bangalore - 560 002.

Last edited by inhellwemeet : 5th July 2006 at 12:26.
Old 6th July 2006, 17:11   #30
BHPian

hi,,
u are right bro,, it's the rubbing compound that cut's the paint and not the wax,,
there are a lot of polish/wax available in the market,,
for regular use u should try turtle wax,, 1 step wax and dry,, this is for like quick waxing,, or if have time and energy try super hard shell car wax that's easy on easy off as well,,
i like the eagle one car wash with wax,,, all u have to do wash the car and wipe it dry,, it leaves the car shinning,, if u try it once u wont try anything else again,,
regards,,
driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Soft wax polishes do not cut through the paint. Its rubbing compound (soft and hard) which take off a layer of paint. I've polished my bike almost 120 times in 2.5 years and i dont think that even a thin layer has come off the paint. used rubbing compound only 2wice. Have been polishing my bike 2wice a month.

I would suggest either Turtle Wax or Formula One or Eagle products. They are the best. I've tried using Amway car shampoos but found them useless. No foam at all.

About dust particles, yes they do stick more easily on a waxed vehicle. But they will cause scratches only if u try wiping them away with a dry cloth. Use a wet cloth to wipe and u wont get any scratches.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 7th July 2006 at 06:45.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks