Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2024, 00:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos DPF costs Rs. 1.57 lakhs to replace! Take proper care of your DPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This is just the start, guys. Wait till other components of that extremely complex BS6 diesel exhaust system start needing work at the 5-7 year mark. The day I heard of the Thar DPF costing 70k and the need for rituals like 'long drive' and regeneration, is the day I decided to get a Thar Petrol.

BS6 diesels are a headache. Get a hybrid or EV if you want low running costs. Else, petrols rule.
OT:
Since you mentioned the Thar DPF. TBH, I fail to understand why BS6 diesels still find favour amongst manufacturers of proper 4WD -and Toyota is no exception.
Especially when said manufacturers have already proved feasibility of 4WD on petrol drive train.

Consider Thar Roxx - it still doesn't have a petrol 4WD variant.
Or Fortuner only available in diesel—for long Toyota haven't thought it feasible to bring a petrol 4WD in India.
Old 21st October 2024, 00:56   #17
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos DPF costs Rs. 1.57 lakhs to replace! Take proper care of your DPF

Catalytic converters have always been costly, didn't think they were "that" costly. No wonder It's the favourite thing to steal in US by car thieves (apart from the car itself obviously) for a while now. Earlier they used to target stereos, now it's cat-cons. If my memory serves me correctly, there has been some cases in NCR, Chandigarh about the same cat-con thefts. It's the precious metals in them that makes them so valuable.

That aside, It's safe to assume that Era of PV diesel engines has come to an end. We surely gonna miss the 3rd gear torque pull from diesel mills. From now on, it's the petrols for me. EV's are still too uncertain given the infra (or rather the lack of it) in this country. I really hope government comes to terms with the reality and push for strong and frugal hybrids instead of pushing EV. We are not there yet.

Last edited by Flyingdutchman : 21st October 2024 at 00:59. Reason: Appropriate Spacings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks