Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 16:07   #16

Re: Atrocious reliability on my Hyundai Creta - Head gasket failure @ 40,000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I think Hyundai is often misinterpreted as being a brand that offers reliable cars. They offer good service support and cars loaded to the gills with features but they are simply not as reliable as a Japanese brand’s vehicles and it is sad to see many unassuming customers fall into the trap of thinking Hyundai is a “sensible” choice at the end of the day I wish people would understand the strengths and weaknesses of each brand. If you go for a Hyundai you value features and interior quality along with decent after sales support but that’s about it.
I share similar opinion for Hyundai, AC issue is something that I have seen in 1st gen i10, 1st gen and elite i20 and 1st gen Creta in my circle. The i10 also had the air direction knob not working and coolant reservoir getting dry in few days. This made me realize why Maruti sells, simple Japanese reliability at core coupled with affordable price tag(not a fan of Maruti though).

For OP, here in Noida I once travelled in 1st gen Ertiga, odo at 84,xxx kms (original was 6,84,xxx kms). On asking I was told that entire engine was rebuild at Sec 16, Noida for 60-65k and it was silent as hell. Rishikesh is not far away and there are far better FNG garages here.
Old 1st July 2024, 00:38   #17

Re: Atrocious reliability on my Hyundai Creta - Head gasket failure @ 40,000 km

My Hyundai i20 Magna Petrol 2016 model with 90,000 km Odo overheated on the middle of the road suddenly.
Followed by lots of trouble after above incident I checked with local mechanic, they told engine block have cracks so coolant is leaking.
Hyundai Service Centre told the same thing and advised that they will try to get it repaired if not then need to replace whole engine block + may be pistons and rings which will cost around 1 Lakh rupees.
They also checked the service records and after finding that it is regularly serviced at Hyundai service centre, they told it's a rare issue.
Local mechanic asked for 15,000 rupees and told that the engine block crack will be aluminium welded that will solve the issue.
I have seen several Wagon R's running more than 2 lakh kms without such major issues.
I have lost faith in Hyundai engine quality.
Can the experts at the forum suggest me what to do next?
And is this a known issue with Hyundai engines? Asking because I found few videos on internet with Hyundai engines showing exact same issue with milage less than 40K KMs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks