Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:21   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv

Car's looking great, Please DM me the costs incurred if you're not comfortable sharing here.
psyph3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:46   #17
BHPian

Absolutely stunning. I have seen this video on YT. As a matter of fact, have booked an appointment with them for my Harrier's PPF.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 21:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannag View Post
... The article encapsulates the project done in collaboration with Brotomotiv, as we all know now it's popular for detailing and aesthetics...
Have been following Brotomotive YouTube channel for quite some time and a big fan of their work. Good to see their service feedback over here.

Beautifully done and superb color!

Quote:
I am designing rear AC vent housing and hopefully 3D print it for seating Dzire's rear AC vent I bought from Boodmo.

I have done many other modifications like custom wiring harness for power windows, security, added door ajar warning with lamp on instrument cluster. I am happy to share on how I did it!
I think your DIY's themselves need a detailed thread!
HappyWheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 22:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Have been following Brotomotive YouTube channel for quite some time and a big fan of their work. Good to see their service feedback over here.

Beautifully done and superb color!

I think your DIY's themselves need a detailed thread!
Hey HappyWheels, Thanks a lot and of course I would love to do it. I will create a new thread max to max by this weekend and update it here.
Pannag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2024, 22:49   #20
BHPian

Thank you BHPians, for showering congratulations and complements . I do have certain questions on alloys, should we continue in this thread or go to already available thread section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyph3r View Post
Car's looking great, Please DM me the costs incurred if you're not comfortable sharing here.
Sure I will DM you all details and thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Absolutely stunning. I have seen this video on YT. As a matter of fact, have booked an appointment with them for my Harrier's PPF.
Thanks a lot Gaurab. Awesome, please share the feedback. If I am not mistaken, they will be using Garware for PPF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Welcome to the forum Pannag! Great colour choice and great workmanship by the team at Brotomotiv. I already watched your car's video on their channel before this thread went live. Your trip to Pune for this restoration paid off well, as the car looks chic. The steelies probably need a fresh coat of paint, in silver or black.

The small mods that you've done on the car look interesting. I'd love to know more about the door ajar warning lamp in particular.
Thanks a lot self_driven, and yes I was already planning for alloys, but Brotomotiv doesn't deal, they did suggest me some wheels though their contacts, but I felt they were expensive and was also worried if they could be best fit.So thought I will source them locally, or from B'lore. I am already in touch with local person and will join relevant thread as I have lot of questions.

About the door ajar warning system (with lamp and buzzer that buzz when any door is not latched and vehicle crosses 20kmph) I will put it probably in DIY thread section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Absolutely great thread!

I love the way you restored this car, very well done. It's great to see so much time and effort being poured into it. The results are terrific. Love the colour!

I would like to hear more about the other modifications too, especially the electrical ones.

Did you do anything to the engine, brakes, suspension too?

Jeroen
Hey Jeroen, Thanks a lot, and sure I will be having new thread by this weekend for extra DIY I did not modify anything in mechanical, brakes or suspension, just that I changed my suspension some 6 months ago as they had given up almost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hey Pannag, congratulations, the car looks fabulous. I am guessing it 1.1 litre engine. Are you planning any performance/mechanical changes or for now the focus is on cosmetic changes? Also, what's your usage like, will this be your primary car or a special occasion car?
Thank you so much youknowitbetter , aha no, I would love that 1.1L but it was no longer available in 2007 (was discontinued in 2005) so this is 0.8 3 pot F8D. I guess you might have gotten confused because of rear Wiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_06 View Post
Hello pannag
The Alto looks really nice in this color and your love for car seems true.
Just one question are doing anything about the wheels. Just got me thinking why no paint or alloys were added during this proper restoration.
Hey CLS_06, I agree alloys would have blasted the appearance, and I am already working on it, but I really need help on it, would be asking question on threads .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Absolutely stunning! I had stumbled upon this video a few days back on YT and was impressed by the attention to detail. The Alto looks like a million bucks and will grab attention on the streets.

Do you mind sharing how much you paid for the LED Projectors and if they are plug and play?

Wish you many more happy memories with the car.
Thank you so much hothatchaway. and I got those headlamps customised from twobrothers.com as they had similar design but with tube type dry running on top part of headlamp (unlike bottom as in my case which are also dotted running type amber DRLs), and HID. I asked them to add LED projectors and Dotted DRLs. Costed about rs. 25,800. They shipped it on second day, so can vouch that they are fast. They are plug and play to certain extent, for example DRL may need explicit wiring, but Projector lamps already have ballasts with short wiring harness that can connect to existing connectors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Dear Pannag,

Congratulations on restoring something so close to your heart. Dad lives through the Alto amongst your family, nothing can replace that feeling. I wish I can find my 1st Alto inside TN and relive my mums gup-shup from her co-drivers seat.

PS - Since you must be close to Brotomotiv please give them a feedback. Looking at your lack of pictorial records I was afraid this thread would be a dead end until I scrolled down to the you-tu-be video link. That was a life saver and commendable capture and editing and presenting on a global platform like u -tube.

Could you pass on the message that while the uniform is a nice touch, enforcing a covered shoe on the workshop floor adds not only safety but also goes a long way in showcasing India on the global AFM scene. I also saw a few employees without a standard uniform. Will be a very nice touch if small things are taken care in brand building.

But the end result is very commendable and I am a B.M fan for few years nonetheless.
Thank you so much svsantosh, sure I will pass the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Nice end result - my only comment is that the door pads look a bit spartan in an otherwise nice car. you should be able to get some fabric inserts installed to add some colour to the car in those areas where fabric insert provision is there in the door pad
I actually changed them few months ago, but now feel they can have better look with colour inserts on those small sections.
Pannag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 12:10   #21
BHPian

Hey team,

my local dealer offered some designs from GTR pro, Xray. And all are 8 bolts design, is it fine as Alto has 4 bolts. Here are designs, you can recommend me:

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-10d267725f554adda078d582c525172b.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-2e94086700844685b3c108e5b2af5015.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-336fa31b97b74a85826116bc35c0df39.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-6d866bcd673b4e298dcab3defc4e66a4.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-0157665cc5f749a88bc95e3c9a50c172.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-c6d62e839a974eb9a36a3704ce5c3370.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-8974b49e651646f48c84a32e00e5051c.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-65fda0b4a81b4bedb799614a55e90993.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-d172ed4a7ad84e26a56f4dc11e3a9e2b.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-ee3bc36efd0b41369c0ebddf417f7b34.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-0c36f4a7b8fb4f4dbc8d37ab1431f409.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-86b9d32196874a5897ab10e402bdb918.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-696d39252e99482e97c6071d07be4085.jpeg

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-8504e5dd4f2248fa99b6f22a57f4ec0a.jpeg
Old 4th January 2024, 12:11   #22

Dear Pannag,

Congratulations on the makeover, the car looks stunning. Can you share costs assocated with this makeover? It would benefit all those who are looking at doing something like this.

thanks!
ranjeet_sam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 15:59   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hey team,

my local dealer offered some designs from GTR pro, Xray. And all are 8 bolts design, is it fine as Alto has 4 bolts. Here are designs, you can recommend me:
I personally like designs with less number of spokes on smaller tyres. The xray - white and gloss gun metal designs were my favourite of the lot even though keeping them clean will be tough. 😁
Joe367 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 17:10   #24
BHPian

@ranjeet_same, Thank you so much. I will prepare the points on expenses and share it across soon on this thread .

And for tyres agree with Joe on keeping them clean is challenging, Gunmetal, I love color and wanted a little different pattern, but it's not available with him. I thought of going either with:

Black rim GTR-PRO-13X5.50-8X100+114.3-35-67.1-GBFP-DB

or

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-696d39252e99482e97c6071d07be4085.jpeg

But is that company for second wheel VR good? learnt from another Thread that GTR-pro are made in Coimbatore shed so might want to keep it on second thought.
Old 5th January 2024, 09:04   #25
BHPian

Hi,
I normally prefer alloy wheels in which the spokes/arms are in multiple of number of lug nuts. In case of Alto, there are 4 lug nuts, which means the number of spokes should be either 4 or 8 or 12 or 16 and so on. The position of lug nut hole is always in symmetry with number of spokes. This preserves the geometric balance of dynamic forces acting upon the alloy wheel with respect to its center.

If you see cars which come with company fitted alloys, they usually follow this criteria.

Regards,
MB4DI

Last edited by MB4DI : 5th January 2024 at 09:16.
MB4DI is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 10:22   #26
BHPian

Ooh, I liked the car color! Gold won't mix well with this body color, choose either black or silver.

I would prefer steel wheels with funky wheel cover instead of alloys. Please ensure you are getting alloys from reputed brand, since there is no way we can test the quality of alloys while purchasing. Unlike steel wheels alloys can disintegrate upon impact, making it more dangerous for cars without ABS and other braking aids.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 11:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But is that company for second wheel VR good?
This is most likely a copy. Your best bet is to go through brand websites and check their catalogue. Majority of them don't make wheels in 13 inch size.

Quote:
learnt from another Thread that GTR-pro are made in Coimbatore shed so might want to keep it on second thought.
Lol, no one is making alloy wheels in Coimbatore sheds. Even I remember reading this in alloy wheels thread.

Most brands, including GTR Pro, Plati, Veemann and others, import their designs from China/Indonesia/Taiwan. You'll find that many of the designs are replicas of popular models from BBS, Vossen, etc. Quality of aftermarket wheels is always a grey area, unless you go for reputed brands such as Momo or Lenso. But I doubt Momo or Lenso make wheels in 13 inch size.

Neowheels and Minda are two mainstream Indian brands at present. Some designs are imported, but most of them are made at their manufacturing facilities in India. Neowheels has a widespread network across India to keep you covered in case of defective wheels (air leaks, etc.), although such cases are rare.

Another brand I can vouch for is Hijoin (HRS) wheels. Their designs are not the best, but these are Taiwan-made and offer decent quality for the price. You can order from Sai Mag Wheels in Delhi, if they are not locally available.

Last edited by self_driven : 5th January 2024 at 12:05.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 12:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sure I will DM you all details and thank you so much
It would be great if you can share the cost on the forum as it will benefit everybody, unless you have some personal reasons for not sharing the same. Great looking car and shows how much you care for it.
pjbiju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 01:15   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
It would be great if you can share the cost on the forum as it will benefit everybody, unless you have some personal reasons for not sharing the same. Great looking car and shows how much you care for it.
sure, will be doing it by coming Sunday
Old 6th January 2024, 01:43   #30
BHPian

Tomorrow I will be visiting some guys for alloy wheels, betting on HRS.

And one more question, how are these wheels from Maruti?

Maruti Alto Restoration Project with Brotomotiv-img_0063.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks