Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2023, 18:57   #1

Loss of torque in Mahindra Bolero

Hello All,

I have a Bolero, SLX, 2012 [Engine - m2dicr].
It has done 1.80 Lakh kms.

On a recent trip to Shimla, I noticed a considerable loss of torque while going up the Hilly Roads. Those Roads that would've normally be gulped down by my Bolero, were looking rather insurmountable, like I had to shift down to 2nd Gear from 4th or 5th Every time, even when the road got just a little inclined. I had went to Shimla a Year Ago And at that time The Car was just Gliding through the Hilly Roads.

Now, The Main Encounter We Had with This Problem :-
So, the Road to Our Hotel [500 m] went steep Up from The side of the main Road after going up the road, like 200 m a car was coming from ahead so i Stopped the Car to a side [We Were Stopped at a steep Patch of the Road] But then when tried to move, I kept the vehicle at half-clutch, there was no power generated when I pressed on the accelerator. To my dismay, there was no revving sound even when I floored the accelerator pedal. Further, the vehicle kept switching off when I tried to make it move with just half-clutch. [Even the cars That were stopped behind Us Went up easily like Maruti 800 ,swift, even a Older Bolero Went Up with No Problem]

I had to back-up a bit to a Plain Patch of that road to gain some momentum, upon which the vehicle climbed up the slope "Barely" [In 1st Gear]. There were just Three occupants in the vehicle (including myself), and no luggage.

My Bolero Is Well Maintained Since the day I bought it from the Showroom. I get it Serviced every 10K - 15K Kms.

I had Got my Car Serviced, day Before going on this Trip.
New Air Filter, oil Filter, diesel Filter, engine oil. Still Got the Problem.

I get My car Serviced from a local Mechanic, and Upon telling him my issue he Checked the Car and Told That car was totally Normal and There No Problem he can point of, that may have caused the issue.

What could be the reason for this behaviour ? What kind of pointers should I give to Mechanic or at Mahindra Service Centre when I give my vehicle for the next service ?

Pointers/leads are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Loss of torque in Mahindra Bolero-images.jpeg  

Loss of torque in Mahindra Bolero-images-1.jpeg  

S14P22N1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 10:52   #2
BHPian

re: Loss of torque in Mahindra Bolero

Have you ever replaced the clutch plate? Given the odo reading, my first suspect would be a worn out Clutch plate if it has not been changed before. Also have the EGR valve checked, might need a cleanup.

Also have them run a diagnostic scan. This will rule out any sensor malfunction or electrical faults.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks