Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2023, 13:00   #1

How important are Rear AC Vents?

Hi Folks,

I am looking to buy my first car under 13 lakh automatic. I am liking Amaze VX CVT but it does not come with rear AC vents. How important is this feature considering I am living in Delhi? What are some of the must have features that I need to consider while making a decision? I am a newbie driver.
Old 24th November 2023, 14:12   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How important are Rear AC Vents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_hhh View Post
How important is this feature considering I am living in Delhi?
Importance depends on your use case. If rear passenger's comfort is your priority, obviously it's important.
On the technical front, cars with rear blower or AC vents tends to cool the cabin faster by 20%

Quote:
What are some of the must have features that I need to consider while making a decision? I am a newbie driver.
Common considerations (without any segment bias)
- Rear wiper & defogger
- Park assist (mandatory feature in every car now)
- Fog lamp
- TPMS
- Seat height adjustment

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 24th November 2023 at 14:14.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 18:08   #3
BHPian

Well it is always better to have rear AC vents than not have them. Having said that it can be even ignored if the general air conditioning of the car is outstanding. For eg. in the new Baleno, the AC is pathetic therefore the rear AC vents become even more important. In the 2nd generation Swift, the aircon is outstanding making the rear AC vents forgivable. Considering the fact that you are in Delhi, you are better off having a car with rear AC vents since it gets so hot during the summers. Please have a read on threads about general AC performance of the Amaze to make a decision.
Old 6th December 2023, 15:39   #4
BHPian

Its very important but effective when there is separate AC compressor unit at the rear which my Scorpio-N (comes with model Z4 onwards) has and I cannot thank Mahindra enough for giving that feature which is a boon in our humid climate
sulliavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 15:52   #5
BHPian

It depends totally on your use case scenario. If your car is carrying rear passengers on a regular basis, it becomes very important.
More passengers would render your front vents ineffective. Even if they are effective, when rear passengers get into the car after it is parked in the sun for a while, the rear vents become very effective.
Cheers
Rajeevsulu
Old 7th December 2023, 16:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to buy my first car under 13 lakh automatic. I am liking Amaze VX CVT but it does not come with rear AC vents. How important is this feature considering I am living in Delhi? What are some of the must have features that I need to consider while making a decision? I am a newbie driver.
The Amaze VX CVT is THE variant to get in my opinion. The AC performance is very good and you won't miss the rear AC vents.

It's also a good car for a new driver as it has pretty much everything you need covered, including the smooth CVT gearbox.

Cross-posting some of my earlier posts on the forum related to the Amaze's AC experience as well as other points you may want to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
Honda Amaze (2nd Gen Facelift) - Superb AC, with Automatic Climate Control and Max Cool function in the VX CVT. You don't feel the absence of the rear AC vents at all. The throw from the front vents seems to be quite effective. It's been driven in the hot and humid Kerala weather quite extensively to arrive at this conclusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptonMonkey View Post
I had the opportunity to drive the 2nd Gen Amaze facelift VX CVT (Petrol) extensively, covering about 1000 km on a trip to north Kerala and back to Bangalore.
  • The AC cooling performance is pretty good, even with 5 people on board on a hot day. The lack of rear AC vents does not seem to be a deal-breaker at all. The throw from the center vents and the overall air circulation seem to be effective.

Overall the VX CVT is THE Amaze variant to go for. Everything that you need in a comfortable daily-drive car is present factory-fitted, and the car looks amazing with those LED headlights and alloy wheels. Get the driver armrest (this is a must in the CVT), and perhaps the art-leather seat covers (if you're jittery about maintaining the beige fabric seats) as accessories and enjoy your drives.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks