Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2023, 03:27   #16
BHPian

Re: Rusting problem on a 6-year old Maruti Ciaz

MSIL learning how to mess things up from TML?
Or did they outsource QC to the same team?
Old 26th November 2023, 06:16   #17
BHPian

Is your car washed regularly with hard water? I have found that to be pretty much the single largest reason for this kind of rusting.
Old 8th January 2024, 11:55   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend shares pics of his 3 year old Baleno. The car is primarily used in NCR.
Weird, and that too in NCR! Is this rusting issue only on one door or across the car? If on one door it may be because the door was 'secretly' repainted in my opinion.

Again, I don't think hard water accelerates rusting per se. It does damage the paint badly and affects the rubber parts, but I'm unsure about rusting.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 12:18   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Funnily enough, the TSM had developed an opinion even before inspecting the car in person that it is due to some random chemical application.
Very intriguing. I had reported the same issue on my ownership thread of the Taigun. Over time those internal cracks have propagated so much more! Hence, I decided to ask the dealership. They placed a request to have it changed under warranty on two occasions. Both times VW rejected is saying exactly what Maruti told you. It was due to application of a chemical.

In my case I am the only person (The dealership is specifically instructed not to wash the car during service) who has washed/cleaned the car in the last 27 months of ownership.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 11:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Weird, and that too in NCR! Is this rusting issue only on one door or across the car? If on one door it may be because the door was 'secretly' repainted in my opinion.

Again, I don't think hard water accelerates rusting per se. It does damage the paint badly and affects the rubber parts, but I'm unsure about rusting.
I had checked DFT readings of all panels myself. There wasn't any previous repair done. Also the rust specs are on all panels of the car.

I've heard Gurugram and Faridabad has hard water issue, still this isn't the first car or Maruti they had owned. Anyways its useless to expect support from MSIL these days.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks