Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 10:52   #1

AC fan speed fluctuates only on blower level 3

Hi Folks,

My first post. It is a pleasure being part of the forum.
I have a Dzire. When the AC fan speed is set at 3, the blower speed fluctuates very frequently which is not the case at 1, 2 and 4 blower speeds.

All electricals on the car are working fine and battery also seems to be in good shape.

Any idea what could be the reason?
Old 8th October 2023, 11:11   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: AC fan speed fluctuates only on blower level 3

The blower resistor would be conking out. Just replace the part and you will be fine. Had this issue on my WagonR and then on my Celerio.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 11:19   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The blower resistor would be conking out. Just replace the part and you will be fine. Had this issue on my WagonR and then on my Celerio.
Agree, blower resistor is most likely cause for any problems with fan speed. Unless it occurs at the highest setting only.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 03:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun6690 View Post
Hi Folks,

I have a Dzire. When the AC fan speed is set at 3, the blower speed fluctuates very frequently which is not the case at 1, 2 and 4 blower speeds.

All electricals on the car are working fine and battery also seems to be in good shape.

I also have a 2018 Dzire and see this behaviour as well. The blower speed kind of fluctuates a bit at higher settings and seems to depend on engine or compressor load. I got some AC parts replaced under warranty earlier this year and they were very cooperative so I mentioned this as well. ASS said that it's normal behaviour for this car and mumbled something about "load" and better economy.

This behaviour has been observed right from the start and hasn't increased or decreased in frequency with time although other AC issues did crop up

EDIT: I notice it at both lvl 3 & 4. Also want to note that it doesn't drop by a large amount like the difference between lvl 2 and 3 but maybe 25% or so. Say fan rpm at 2 is 2000 rpm and at 3 its 3000rpm then it drops to like 2700 or so

Last edited by Mortis : 9th October 2023 at 03:16.
Old 9th October 2023, 09:53   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I also have a 2018 Dzire and see this behaviour as well. The blower speed kind of fluctuates a bit at higher settings and seems to depend on engine or compressor load. I got some AC parts replaced under warranty earlier this year and they were very cooperative so I mentioned this as well. ASS said that it's normal behaviour for this car and mumbled something about "load" and better economy.

This behaviour has been observed right from the start and hasn't increased or decreased in frequency with time although other AC issues did crop up

EDIT: I notice it at both lvl 3 & 4. Also want to note that it doesn't drop by a large amount like the difference between lvl 2 and 3 but maybe 25% or so. Say fan rpm at 2 is 2000 rpm and at 3 its 3000rpm then it drops to like 2700 or so
Its classic how few ASS folks mumble something facing away from you and expect you wouldn't ask anything else. Wow! Problem solved haha.

In terms of fluctuations, case is similar but having a different sound every few seconds makes me a bit uncomfortable.
Thanks everyone. I will try the resister part as well, 250INR it is I guess...
Old 9th October 2023, 11:57   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

On most cars it is a simple job to replace the resistor. I did it on our Ford Fiests some years ago

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4520008 (My Car Hobby: Jaguar XJR, Mercedes W123, Alfa Romeo Spider, Jeep Cherokee & Mini One)

Jeroen
Old 13th October 2023, 20:24   #7
GTE
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Does the engine rpm in anyway corelate to the fluctuation?
Old 19th October 2023, 16:10   #8
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarun6690 View Post
Hi Folks,

It is the blower resistor.

I got it replaced in my Ciaz, the part costs 1000 something, if I remember correctly.

However, my issue was different. It was due to a fuse getting blown repeatedly.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 19th October 2023 at 16:26.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 16:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTE View Post
Does the engine rpm in anyway corelate to the fluctuation?
I could not find a pattern but mostly when rpms are high, fan slows down. Fan works at expected speed when idle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
It is the blower resistor.

I got it replaced in my Ciaz, the part costs 1000 something, if I remember correctly.

However, my issue was different. It was due to a fuse getting blown repeatedly.

I love to work on my machines. Cost 250 on boodmo and pretty simple to replace... I will try that out
Thank you

Mod's Note: No back to back posts please. Use the multi-quote option to respond to everyone in a single post.

Last edited by Zappo : 19th October 2023 at 17:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks