Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 00:42   #1
BHPian

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues

Hi all, this is Varun Reddy here. I am thankful to the mods at team bhp for accepting me into this wonderful forum and also a special thanks to Rahul Nagaraj ji for sharing my experience on the forum and a special thanks to GTO sir for sharing the link requesting me to register as a member. I have been following team bhp since I was 16 years old (now I am 26 years old). I am happy for my fellow members who are having a great time with their cars. I wish you all a million miles with smiles.

I would like to update you all regarding my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel whose issues are never ending.

1) I realized recently that the AC mode is not working. For example, the modes on infotainment display change whereas the air still blows only through face/front vents whereas the windshield and foot vents aren't working. Recently I got to know this since I rarely use the foot blower option. I had been wondering why my car doesn't defog the front windshield when it is set at front windshield defog mode all these days. I realised recently that the mode flap isn't working. TASC response - will require your car for a few days to check (which is their standard reply)

2) I have changed two sets of wiper blades and still the wiper blades start to slip and make a loud grrr sound everytime I use them during the rains. I even tried aftermarket valeo wiper blades and still the issue persists. I believe the windshield itself is defective.

3) A pillar trim was finally ordered as I shared a video of the rattling while the car was being driven by somebody else post which they accepted and ordered the part which in turn took more than 2 months to arrive.

4) I hear a strange creaky noise that the rear suspension makes whenever I get in or get out of the car or whenever I lower my windows and drive into any undulation. The sound is like that of a rusty creaky metal part under friction it is hard to replicate at TASC. TASC response - it is because of rainy season

5) Infotainment display continuously keeps dimming up and down until I restart the vehicle (Very rare occurence)

6) Ambient light is deactivated and reactivated from infotainment whenever the car feels like it wants to.

7) Yet to fix the paint rusting issues.

I had been to TASC today to get the A pillar trim replaced under warranty. Seat covers were not used and the mechanic had greasy clothes. The mechanic started to patch the existing A pillar trim as I kept telling him that a new replacement part has arrived and he ignored me and went on repairing the current A pillar trim. I went and got hold of my SA who came and confirmed the same. The service tehnician started removing the A pillar trim using a screw driver and the mechanic soiled the roof liner with his greasy hands.

When I requested the mechanic why he isn't using trim panel remover and not bothered to keep his hands clean, he dismissed my request and just went on doing his work. The mech took 15 minutes to remove the A pillar trim panel which is a 2 minute job. I told the mechanic that the tweeter plug should be unplugged using a very thin flat screw driver but the guy just went on using a heavy duty screw driver and pulled out the plug holding the two thin wires instead of the connector which could de-pin the connectors due to their rash behavior. I requested them to stop this drama when one of technician finally removed the tweeter connector using a lot of force by pulling the wires. I told them to move away and they didn't bother to listen to me.

The mech got the new A pillar and was struggling to fit it and I told him to first step out of my car and I fixed the new A pillar myself. I then requested the other mech to look into the wiper noise and juddering issue. He went on stating that it is a wiper issue. I firmly told him to just go and get the demo car as we shall swap the wiper and wiper arm of both the cars and my car wipers were juddering even after replacing the wiper and wiper arm with the demo vehicle ones. The mech who had been ignoring the issues since the last few months accepted my analysis not so happily. With all this drama unfolding in front of me I just couldn't tolerate it anymore and I sat in the backseat of my car and started shooting a mail to CCM and Tata Motors as the technicians were fiddling with my car and the service head found out that I was mailing Tata Motors and requested me to not send the mail as it would be again redirected to him. He requested me few more days time to sort out all these issues and that is when I just couldn't control my anger and frustration anymore and gave him a piece of my mind while still maintaining basic manners.

I have been going through all this since, the last 8 months and just couldn't take it anymore. I have visited the service centre more than 10 times for various issues without any resolution or finding them either ignoring or blaming me and my analysis as wrong when it has been correct since, day one. The last time I went they made me wait for 4 hours to tighten the wiper arm bolt. I have never lost my cool during any of my automobile purchases or maintenance services like I have done at Tata motors. I really felt bad for losing my cool since I very rarely lose my cool and I prefer to treat everyone equally but today was a serious testing ground for me. Couldn't hold 8 months of pain, suffering and frustration anymore. I also felt hopeless looking at my situation and just packed my stuff and left from there. I told the service head that this would be my last ever Tata car and I thanked them for all the pain and agony they (TASC) and Tata Motors have caused to me.

I left from the showroom with a deep regret of purchasing a Tata product. I always prefer Tata products outside of TAMO viz. Voltas, Croma etc but Tata Motors which comes from the same Tata group is so much different from their other verticals. I feel cheated to trust Tata Motors and purchase a car for the second time. I sent a mail today to CCM Tata Motors South and Tata Motors customer care requesting to take back my car which has so many new issues that are arising every single week and also the QC/QA isn't Tata Motor's forte yet. Also the mail is again redirected back to the TASC which is of no use. I have always respected the staff at TASC and have never troubled them. I tried to understand things from their perspective and have be friended most of the SA's due to regular visits but a cool person like me losing temper is no small feat and these guys achieved it. I would put 90% of the blame on TAMO for not assembling the cars properly. Every single car from the same batch is never the same in terms of fit and finish.

I have with held selling my Fortuner which is on sale due to these continuous issues with my Altroz. I am now contemplating selling my Altroz but it is less than 8 months old and I have 4 years of EMI to pay. I am stuck without hope. Please let me know on what can be done forward. The ASC is just interested in ripping apart interior parts even for minor issues without actually thinking about it. Tata Motors isn't providing me any support either, all they do is redirect my mail back to TASC who in turn are only interested in closing the complaint and only want 10/10 rating. The main problem arises because of lack of quality control at plant.

To sort out the ASC issues Tata can just appoint a quality compliance officer or a flying squad to each respective zones who would just barge into any Tata showroom like a regular customer and check the service centre behaviour, manners, etc and penalize the TASC for their demerits and short comings. It is such an easy thing to fix the TASC's quality and customer satisfaction if TAMO puts in efforts but they are only concentrating on sales, social media advertisement, fanboy ego massaging,etc. I strongly believe the time isn't far away when TAMO will see reduction in sales and people will again boycott TAMO like they did after their indica became a hit and TAMO didn't give a damn about service. I have always recommended Tata Cars to people in my circle and a lot of them have purchased it actually but today I am not recommending Tata cars to people in my circle.

I admire and have utmost respect towards Mr. Ratan Tata ji. I am aware of Tata Groups contribution towards our country. But TAMO seriously needs a restructuring to fix QC/QA and ASC.

Now coming to the good things as I believe even worst things should end on a good note. I have covered 12,000 kms in 8 months, I love the seating comfort, braking, stability, audio system, lighting and I have a strong bonding with the car. But what is the use of a beautifully designed and safe car when it is visiting service centre every other week and keeps rusting in spite of getting regular TLC. I love the engine roar after 2000 rpm, I love the way the engine rushes when I want it to and I also like the nice drivability from the engine from low rpm's. That light clutch needs a special mention.

My cousin recently purchased an Altroz DCA and another friend of mine purchased same colour and same variant of the Altroz as mine. Both my cousin and my friend never considered Altroz but it was only after I purchased the car that they loved it when they drove my car. I warned them in advance about TASC but still they got their cars delivered recently, one DCA and one Diesel. They purchased the car from the same TASC sales division where I get my car serviced and faced a lot of hiccups to book and get the car delivered. To sum it up in one line - Great cars from TAMO require greater level of patience and persistence. Please refer below pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues-dirty-roof-liner.jpg  

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues-greasy-roof-liner.jpg  

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues-no-seat-covers-used.jpg  

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues-prying-open-trims-panels-screwdriver.jpg  

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues-screwdriver-used.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 6th October 2023 at 18:28. Reason: Spacing
AutoYogi is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 08:08   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoYogi View Post
I would like to update you all regarding my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel whose issues are never ending.
1) I realized recently that the AC mode is not working. For example, the modes on infotainment display change whereas the air still blows only through face/front vents whereas the windshield and foot vents aren't working. Recently I got to know this since I rarely use the foot blower option. I had been wondering why my car doesn't defog the front windshield when it is set at front windshield defog mode all these days. I realised recently that the mode flap isn't working. TASC response - will require your car for a few days to check (which is their standard reply)
They have nothing to check Varun. The recirculation mode valve/damper is defective and Tata needs to do a recall. I have replaced the valve twice so far under warranty. That superb AC is let down by that damper. After replacement it's perfect.

Ask them to replace it under warranty.

Quote:
I think it is the sound of fuel sloshing around in the fuel tank. You can confirm this by filling the fuel tank to its brim and then check if the sound still exists. If the sound doesn't exist after filling the tank to the brim then, that means some insulation pad near the fuel tank area might have gotten loose or worn out or torn during pressure washing or daily use case.
I have always filled the tank. What surprises me is that this sloshing sound never cropped up until 51000 km of usage. It definitely isn't from the fuel tank side though.

Meanwhile I share the exact sentiment that you have with the car. It's a great product and it is lovely to drive. The diesel engine has surprisingly good performance. As all Tata cars, the good products are let down by QC.

I am glad that I have built a very cordial rapport with the A.S.S. Even though I am friends with the top bosses of the dealer, I never once had to state that to the service floor or escalate issues to them. The service CRM to technicians do an earnest job of fixing the car everytime and except for this sloshing noise, all other issues have been perfectly dealt with. The car is back to regular duty again (100+ km a day). I do enjoy driving it.

Solid build, peppy engine, great chassis, comfortable seats, chiller of an AC, among the better EPS, superb looks, absolutely impressive HK music system, well balanced suspension offering excellent high speed stability.

But yes, it will make you visit the service more times than you would want.

To anyone who wants altroz diesel as the only primary car, I would suggest against it. I have a few other cars at my disposal and hence a few days of downtime at service doesn't hurt. If Altroz was my only car, I would have been very frustrated.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 6th September 2023 at 08:19.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 00:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
They have nothing to check Varun. The recirculation mode valve/damper is defective and Tata needs to do a recall. I have replaced the valve twice so far under warranty. That superb AC is let down by that damper. After replacement it's perfect.

Ask them to replace it under warranty.
Sorry for the late reply PrasannaDhana. I was held up with quite some work the last few days. I would like to thank you for your ownership experience as it was one of strong reasons for me to go with the Altroz D. I was planning to purchase the Altroz D from the time of the launch but purchased a brand new Ecosport Titanium Diesel in 2021 as soon as we heard rumors of Ford exiting India as we didn't want to miss out on the last chance to own a brand new Ford for the first and last time in the family. I have never regretted purchasing the Ecosport. We required another car in 2023 Jan and I had nothing but the Altroz in mind but, one visit to checkout the new Baleno and I was bowled over. The latest baleno felt really refined and better bulit than earlier along with excellent sales and after sales in my city but the altroz diesel was finalised due to higher running and proven safety along with superior highway manners. In fact I couldn't get a test drive of altroz diesel (got the petrol ones though) hence, I purchased the Altroz diesel without a test drive based on your reviews and I love the car except for TaMo ASC. Regarding the AC mode not changing, I have decided to not let the ASC guys to fiddle with my car anymore. I rarely use the modes on my car hence, I will leave it as it is for few more days post which I shall think on what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

Meanwhile I share the exact sentiment that you have with the car. It's a great product and it is lovely to drive. The diesel engine has surprisingly good performance. As all Tata cars, the good products are let down by QC.

I am glad that I have built a very cordial rapport with the A.S.S. Even though I am friends with the top bosses of the dealer, I never once had to state that to the service floor or escalate issues to them. The service CRM to technicians do an earnest job of fixing the car everytime and except for this sloshing noise, all other issues have been perfectly dealt with. The car is back to regular duty again (100+ km a day). I do enjoy driving it.

Solid build, peppy engine, great chassis, comfortable seats, chiller of an AC, among the better EPS, superb looks, absolutely impressive HK music system, well balanced suspension offering excellent high speed stability.

But yes, it will make you visit the service more times than you would want.

To anyone who wants altroz diesel as the only primary car, I would suggest against it. I have a few other cars at my disposal and hence a few days of downtime at service doesn't hurt. If Altroz was my only car, I would have been very frustrated.
I have raised a complaint to TaMo customer care only after I visited them for more than two times without any solution from TASS. The sad part is nobody from TaMo has even called me till date even after me sharing my bad experiences from pre-purchase to post purchase. Also the dealership personnel always request me to close the complaint rather than trying to understand what my issues are. Even if the complaint is kept open nobody from TaMo calls and even after complaint is closed I have never received a feedback call from TaMo. In 2017 I had raised an enquiry with Mahindra for my TUV300 wheel spin issue and the whole issue was handled very professionally by Mahindra directly. Even after the enquiry was closed they called me to get a feedback on the solution provided by the company and this was just a general enquiry. The solution to this enquiry was an MLD kit worth 70k (as on MRP tag) installed FOC on my TUV300. Mahindra, Ford, Maruti, Toyota are leagues ahead in handling customer grievances when compared to TaMo. But I love my car end of the day, because she takes me to places and back home safely and comfortably all along. I develop a very special bond with all our cars and none of our cars that we have owned till date have left us stranded on road, not even a single instance. Real example that true love/care never fails.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th October 2023 at 20:56. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
AutoYogi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 23:12   #4
BHPian

Quote:
2) I have changed two sets of wiper blades and still the wiper blades start to slip and make a loud grrr sound everytime I use them during the rains. I even tried aftermarket valeo wiper blades and still the issue persists. I believe the windshield itself is defective.
The wiper issue is common then. Recently took a 2022 Altroz DCA for a 400KM drive. Surprisingly I never found the engine power lacking in any situation. It was fun to drive except for the gearbox fumbling when I want quick upshift. The manual ones must be real fun. But I noticed the following

(1) The wipers, supposedly premium ones being auto, keep making that annoying grrr sound. The wiper speed was also too fast for my liking during heavy rain.
(2) FE was too low! Some 12+ kmpl from the 1.2l petrol engine is unacceptable in highway.
(3) Poor paint job. After the drive during the downpour, I washed the car and found many paint imperfections. The imperfections were from the factory, not due to some garage-job.

Would I buy one? A big NO!
Would I rent one? Yes!

Last edited by NT_GT : 5th October 2023 at 23:25.
NT_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 11:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I have with held selling my Fortuner which is on sale due to these continuous issues with my Altroz
Keep it Varun. Its a fantastic car thats built to perform long term. I would suggest going to consumer court with all these documentation. If you have the bandwidth to come to Bengaluru, Key Motors near Sarakki signal seems to be doing quite good and I can connect you with Sales head who knows the service guys and have a good reputation to atleast help you out. How I got to know him? Through a test drive experience that went bad and a lousy review on Google got me to him.

Last edited by 100Kmphormore : 6th October 2023 at 11:33.
Old 6th October 2023, 19:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues

Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 20:17   #7
BHPian

Re: Multiple problems with my Tata Altroz XZ Diesel | Service Centre unable to fix issues

I was seriously considering buying an Altroz and had been impressed after a test drive. But after reading your experience I am having second thoughts. Niggling issues is bad enough, but the service centre attitude is just not acceptable. Sad that this is being allowed to happen.
Old 7th October 2023, 21:29   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT_GT View Post
The wiper issue is common then. Recently took a 2022 Altroz DCA for a 400KM drive. Surprisingly I never found the engine power lacking in any situation. It was fun to drive except for the gearbox fumbling when I want quick upshift. The manual ones must be real fun. But I noticed the following

(1) The wipers, supposedly premium ones being auto, keep making that annoying grrr sound. The wiper speed was also too fast for my liking during heavy rain.
(2) FE was too low! Some 12+ kmpl from the 1.2l petrol engine is unacceptable in highway.
(3) Poor paint job. After the drive during the downpour, I washed the car and found many paint imperfections. The imperfections were from the factory, not due to some garage-job.

Would I buy one? A big NO!
Would I rent one? Yes!
1)You are right sir! The wipers make an irritating grrr sound everytime they are operated and it is very difficult to replicate at the ASS as it happens after few minutes of starting to use them and gets louder with heavy rains.

2)The fuel efficiency takes a hit due to the weight of the altroz which affects power and fuel efficiency. The car has really good build quality and that adds to the weight. Also Tata were never known for their petrol engines.

3)It really irritates me whenever I see these imperfections in the paint coat. Infact these paint defects remind me of the ambassador and padmini days. My car has been painted with dust (small sand like particles) attached to the sheetmetal right from factory and then there is a small thumb like impression of something that has been etched on the roof right from factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Kmphormore View Post
Keep it Varun. Its a fantastic car thats built to perform long term. I would suggest going to consumer court with all these documentation. If you have the bandwidth to come to Bengaluru, Key Motors near Sarakki signal seems to be doing quite good and I can connect you with Sales head who knows the service guys and have a good reputation to atleast help you out. How I got to know him? Through a test drive experience that went bad and a lousy review on Google got me to him.
Hi Sir! I really have to accept that the ALFA-ARC is an excellent platform. The safety, ride quality, NVH, interior feel, space, rock solid stability, excellent road manners are all second to none in the segment. If only Tata had cared to assemble their cars better and listen to customers grievances, it would be a happy experience.

I keep visiting Bangalore once in 2 months and I stay near JP nagar metro station which is very near to KEY Motors. I have been to that showroom and realized that it's a sales division and their actual service division is near metro cash and carry on kanakapura road. On the second day after taking delivery of my car I had gone to that service centre to return back without any resolution. The service center was crowded, severely understaffed and parking my car was a hassle. Also I have come across a lot of bad reviews about Key Motors service on google. I am hopeful to try and give my car with the person you have quoted above and see how it goes. I am new to team bhp hence, I don't know how I should share my contact number with you.

PS: At first I had planned to purchase my car at key motors near JP Nagar Metro after my dealer (Bellad Enterprises) in Ballari forced me to purchase white Tata Altroz that was available in stock. The Key Motors sales team on call were not responsive enough and I booked my car on call at KHT Motors Domlur (worst experience ever) since they had grey altroz which was just one week old in stock. Funnily enough I got a call back from Bellad Enterprises (Ballari Dealer) and Key Motors (Bangalore) few days before delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGu View Post
I was seriously considering buying an Altroz and had been impressed after a test drive. But after reading your experience I am having second thoughts. Niggling issues is bad enough, but the service centre attitude is just not acceptable. Sad that this is being allowed to happen.
Altroz is truly an awesome hatchback, only to be let down by Tata Motors pathetic QC/QA and ASS. Also the choice of engine and transmission on altroz is quite poor like the 5 speed manual in diesel with 90PS instead of 6 speed and 110PS etc. If ASS is good in your area you can go with the altroz but make sure you keep 1-2 days (preferably weekdays since TASS is super crowded on weekends.) a month to sort out minor niggles that crop up once in a while.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th October 2023 at 22:10.
AutoYogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 23:04   #9
BHPian

Hi! Fellow Bhpians, I am feeling really happy to be part of Team Bhp. I would like to update you all that the guys at Tata Motors are keeping an eye on this thread from a long time as told to me by my Service Head (he showed me a whats app link that was shared by Tata motors team to him on his number). In-spite of having knowledge on my grievances nobody cares to sort it out once and for all either from Tata Motors or TASS. Never knew a manufacturer like Tata Motors would stoop to this low standards instead of helping out the end consumer. They can atleast step in and sort it out for once instead of hiding behind the dealer. Really pained by this behavior from Tata Motors and reflects zero empathy towards a customers grievance. Also the follow up emails sent by me are again redirected back to the TASS who just pesters me to close the complaints and even if I don't close the complaint they request me to visit the workshop who does nothing but damage the interior panels using screw drivers, etc. I mean I am stuck in this loop without any solution since, the last eight months. I am just not able to understand on how to deal with these issues and whom to contact further.
Old 7th October 2023, 23:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sir! I really have to accept that the ALFA-ARC is an excellent platform. The safety, ride quality, NVH, interior feel, space, rock solid stability, excellent road manners are all second to none in the segment.
Ah sorry for the confusion - I meant the Fortuner you were referring to! Nevertheless even the Altroz is a great product that bowled me over with its ride quality on Kanakapura Road. My friend went for the Kiger CVT as exception of the ride quality, it ticked all the boxes for his city driving needs, his alarm bells ringing as to what happened with the test drive. He also owns a 2015 Creta and loves Hyundai for their customer centric approach. I suggest to get a temp fix and sell it off even if taking a small hit as these guys seem to not know about actually what is happening and what to do, this seems to be a lemon.
Dharampal is his name - you should be able to meet him at the showroom if you ask the executives. Let me talk to him once and get an escalation POC, i shall share that number here. Have you got any response on Twitter? I suggest you try that too.
Old 8th October 2023, 20:31   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Ah sorry for the confusion - I meant the Fortuner you were referring to! Nevertheless even the Altroz is a great product that bowled me over with its ride quality on Kanakapura Road. My friend went for the Kiger CVT as exception of the ride quality, it ticked all the boxes for his city driving needs, his alarm bells ringing as to what happened with the test drive. He also owns a 2015 Creta and loves Hyundai for their customer centric approach. I suggest to get a temp fix and sell it off even if taking a small hit as these guys seem to not know about actually what is happening and what to do, this seems to be a lemon.
Dharampal is his name - you should be able to meet him at the showroom if you ask the executives. Let me talk to him once and get an escalation POC, i shall share that number here. Have you got any response on Twitter? I suggest you try that too.
I got confused as well The fortuner is a supremely reliable SUV which has been over engineered in almost every aspect. I am planning to sell it due to low usage post purchasing the ecopsort diesel and altroz diesel. I have very high respect towards Toyota after owning the fortuner for 5 years. We purchased the fortuner from toyota u trust (nandi toyota, kanakapura road, Bangalore) in 2018 with 1,07,000 kms on the odo and it has an odo reading of 1,61,000 kms as of today. There has not been a single instance of any part failures or breakdown inspite of the SUV being a 2014 model with such high mileage. I raised complaint once to toyota customer care when the guys at U trust nandi toyota, kanakapura road had damaged the headlight during a buffing session and toyota customer care made sure the ASS replaced the headlight. The service experience has always been a 10/10 in Bangalore and Ballari as well. I have stuck to OEM recommended replacements and the SUV runs like brand new without a single squeak or rattle. It even starts on a single crank. They seriously don't make cars like these anymore, that are simple yet solid.

My car is not actually a lemon. It is the service center who is returning my car with new issues every time. My car has gone to TASS for AC issue, only to return back with a actuator issue that was never present. Unfortunately, the bad paint process from factory is a known issue off late with most of the Tata cars along with ill fitted panels and failing parts. The TASS guys don't use seat covers in-spite of multiple requests from my side and end up applying grease over interior parts of my car. I have noticed at-least a bunch of unhappy customers who are either arguing or leaving with a disappointment on their face several times at the TASS. I have seen that the SA's at the service centre just take signature from customer feedback form and fill it later according to their convenience. I shall try to meet Mr. Dharampal at key motors when I visit Bangalore the next time. I would specially like to thank you for your valuable suggestions.
Old 16th October 2023, 22:36   #12
BHPian

Quote:
I shall try to meet Mr. Dharampal at key motors when I visit Bangalore the next time.
Seems like this will be the way to go Varun. I whatsapped him and even though my message has been read, no response. I suggest to further escalate, get it repaired and sell it off via Spinny.
Old 1st November 2023, 21:26   #13
BHPian

My sincere apologies to all Tata and Mahindra fans for writing this. But:

1. I have very closely seen my family members choosing one of Indian car brands and 60% of them land up in graveyard.
2. While the sales staff is good - service is a different world all together.
3. One of my family member sold his Altroz in 20 days - since he never got a chance to drive this on roads - except back and forth to ASS.
4. I also have an example of another family member - who drove Indica for good 15 years in NCR and still miss the loha.

In a nut shell - as per my experience - Driving Indian brands is either a Hit or a Miss - while most of us are not a "Gambler" - still there is no harm in this - if one can devote that kind of money, time, energy and patience.

Good Luck Guys !!!
Ashdel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2023, 22:51   #14
BHPian

In my honest opinion, I think you should sell the Altroz and get a more reliable car. Tata is being very unkind to you. I am extremely sorry. Sell the car immediately and cut all ties with Tata. You praised the Fortuner's reliability and Toyotas service car very highly in a previous post. Considering that, I think you should get a Glanza. I feel this is the perfect replacement for your disastrous Altroz.
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2023, 23:16   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Seems like this will be the way to go Varun. I whatsapped him and even though my message has been read, no response. I suggest to further escalate, get it repaired and sell it off via Spinny.
I appreciate your kind help towards me. You might not believe me but I was actually expecting this to happen as I am used to this at other Tata showrooms as well. This is the issue with most of them at Tata sales and service. They are very moody and keep drifting from one mood to another. One day they try to listen to you and the other day they act like they are concerned. The biggest issue I have come across in Tata showroom's is that the sales and service advisors don't last long and are always looking for an alternate job and just do the bare minimum till they get another job. I don't understand why employees keep changing in Tata Motors showrooms. I have seen this both in Bangalore and Ballari Tata showroom as well. Where as in other brands (Ford,Toyota whom I visit regularly ) the employees have been there for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post

In a nut shell - as per my experience - Driving Indian brands is either a Hit or a Miss - while most of us are not a "Gambler" - still there is no harm in this - if one can devote that kind of money, time, energy and patience.

Good Luck Guys !!!
Your words are absolutely true my friend. I keep telling among my circle that "buying a Tata car is like a lottery, you either get a car that will never trouble you at all and makes you a fan boy of the brand or you will get a car which will never stop troubling you". This has been going on with Tata Motors for years now and is really getting on the nerves of poor hard earning customer's who are made to run around the service centre's who in turn lack basic skills and manners to deal with the pained customer. I am sure Tata Motors will see another downfall in the coming years only because of their service quality and pathetic assembly at factory level with bad fit and finish. Their fan boys are another headache these days. You share your opinion on social media and these fan boys start lecturing you non sense stuff. I love Tata as a brand but I do not blindly support them instead, I want to indulge in constructive criticism as this is our second purchase with the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
In my honest opinion, I think you should sell the Altroz and get a more reliable car. Tata is being very unkind to you. I am extremely sorry. Sell the car immediately and cut all ties with Tata. You praised the Fortuner's reliability and Toyotas service car very highly in a previous post. Considering that, I think you should get a Glanza. I feel this is the perfect replacement for your disastrous Altroz.
I really respect your opinion Sir! The Baleno and Glanza were the cars I planned to purchase but they do not possess the high speed stability similar to that of the Altroz and my major travelling is on National Highways with vehicles going around me at quite some speed hence, I am sure there is no replacement to Altroz in the segment for its safety, high speed stability along with excellent road manners, braking and safe cocooned feeling on shutting the doors. Also I believe my car isn't a lemon but it is the service centre who are returning the car with more and more new issues (which never existed) every time they try to sort out the old issues. I have now decided to enjoy the car and just leave the car for recommended service intervals and take back my car on the same day. I have a habit of waiting a whole day at the showroom and getting maintenance done for all my cars instead of leaving the car at the mercy of ASS, as I am not comfortable handing over my cars to anyone. But I had to leave my car for 2-3 days at TASS not once but thrice only because they requested me extra time for diagnosis and they still failed and gave back my car with issues that never existed. If only Tata could up their QC/QA and better their TASS and sales experience I would be really happy but that is a far fetched thing with TaMo.
AutoYogi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks