Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2024, 15:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved

Terrible eye pain weird motion sickness or something similar made me look for issues and I landed on this thread.

I have a Kia Seltos HTK+ and I had to change the windshield a month ago as it go cracked after which I added a front sun film and since the past 2 weeks o am having terrible pain driving the car.

Got my eye tested and everything is normal and now this thread has me rushing to my car after posting this to validate if the wind shield is the contributing factor.
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 12:36   #107

Re: Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved

The exact same thing experienced in my new Seltos (manfactured June 2024) which I took the delivery on 31.07.2024. I, coming from driving a Honda City for 7 years, could very evidently see the things I see distorted at a very particular place on the windshield and I was very sure it is the windshield. I did not feel this in the TD which I took 7-10days before the delivery. After reading so many posts of our fellow owners I’m now very sure that the supplier of these windshield has done away with his bad batch and the KIA QC is now doing the same. I felt this distortion even in the rear windshield.
Windshield has the KIA logo on the both front and back hence sure both supplier and KIA are hand in hand trying to do away with this batch.
Shahid_7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 11:44   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I have a Kia Seltos HTK+ and I had to change the windshield a month ago as it go cracked after which I added a front sun film and since the past 2 weeks o am having terrible pain driving the car.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahid_7 View Post
The exact same thing experienced in my new Seltos (manfactured June 2024)
Would be good if you can share more info about the faulty windshield... specifically Year & Month of manufacturing.

Do see this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ass-codes.html (Automotive window glass codes)
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
+

Would be good if you can share more info about the faulty windshield... specifically Year & Month of manufacturing.

Do see this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ass-codes.html (Automotive window glass codes)
I was having headaches while driving my car both in the day and at night. This started post me replacing my front wind screen due to a stone chip and adding a front sun film from Garware.

Went for a full eye check up thinking it’s my age and job related but the eyes were normal and was just given lubricant drops to use when fatigue set in.

So it must be the glass or film. I started using Polaroid sun glasses which solved the day time issue but the night time issue was still not solved.

After some research I took the decision to rip my sun film off from the front and the problem is resolved, as in no more headaches while driving.

But there is a huge amount of dashboard glare present which some random dashboard mat from Amazon is not resolving, so I am getting a custom one to reduce the same. Any suggestions on the material to be used?

My glass was replaced by Kia in April 2024, so I believe it’s the same series. Attaching the info of the glass .

Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved-img_0851.jpeg

Last edited by maddy42 : 13th August 2024 at 13:06. Reason: Duplicate attachments
maddy42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 13:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Kia uses an E6 rated front glass? Most cars come with a E8 rating!
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:12   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
+

A small portion of the front windshield, luckily not in the direct view, gives a distorted image. The top portion in the rear windshield distorts the image which again is not in the direct view. I’ve owned Swift and Honda city but never did I face such an issue with their stock windshields or the replaced ones.

The details of my front and rear windshields are enclosed.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved-img_7583.jpeg  

Kia Seltos windshield distortion is causing me extreme eye strain. EDIT : Resolved-img_7584.jpeg  

Shahid_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2024, 14:25   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

But there is a huge amount of dashboard glare present which some random dashboard mat from Amazon is not resolving, so I am getting a custom one to reduce the same. Any suggestions on the material to be used?

I haven’t tried using any material as such but just an understanding that a black matt finished covering (which does not shine or shines very less) on the dashboard should resolve the glare issue.

Good luck
Shahid_7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed