Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2023, 01:41   #31

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan | Rear Differential Failure | 5-lakh rupee bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by barathi23 View Post
Dear All,

Volkswagen have replace the differential free of cost. I would like to further iterate that ONE MUST CHANGE THE DIFFERENTIAL OIL AT 45THOUSAND KM OR 3 YEARS which ever is earlier, even in case the vehicle has run only 30km in 3 years better replace the oil. Same goes of all lubricants engine oil, gear oil etc. Even in case your vehicle has not run the distance, just change the lubricants. Make sure to get these information from the dealer about when to replace these oils.

The Higher ups from Volkswagen were quick and kind to replace the differential free of cost.

The brake pads and rotor are visible and can be checked manually. In case of larger vehicles the wear is more and one can't wait to let it wear our completely, this will affect performance and could become dangerous. Change it on time.

Volkswagen have replaced the differential free of cost. I paid only for the brake pads and rotors. I got the vehicle out of the service center. It's working fine now. It is advisable to get extended warranty for as long as the company is willing to provide one.
Yes!time period is as important as miles. We should not skip services if our kilometers are less. Neither should we skip service if we do less than 15000kms in one service span
Old 1st October 2023, 01:45   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalactone View Post
I honestly find such high technology loaded vehicles complete money pits. Nowadays vehicles have no emotional value like how they did between 1980s and early 2010s. They are all use and throw appliances. I mean how on earth people can tolerate those huge touch screens in the night is beyond my understanding. They are so distracting with all that backlighting.

The Technologies like T-GDi/TSI, DSG/DCT etc feel nice to hear but they will never be reliable like a NA MPFi engine with a 5/6 speed manual transmission. With all that additional pressure on the engine Turbo Charged engines are bound to show much higher wear and tear on the long run compared to a NA engine. It's just simply the laws of physics.

In my family, we keep the cars for a really long time. Infact we have had only 3 cars in the last 36 years. The last car we purchased was a decade back in 2013. So these TSI/T-GDi,DSG/DCT technology loaded cars are a big NO because they will be unreliable money pits on the long run.

I won't lie but i am a fan of German cars (My father had a Mercedes-Benz along with a Chevrolet Caprice in the 1980s during his time abroad) and there is absolutely no doubt that they are good in looks and interiors but i will never ever go near them. Somehow the present day German cars are are just not what they use to be. Earlier the cars were made to be passed on to the next generation. Now days they are meant to be junked in less than 10 years.

The basic purpose of a car is to transport you from Point A to Point B. If it fails in that basic aspect then all those fancy and gimmicky features like 7 speed DCT, Mood lighting, LCD instrument cluster with Navigational display etc are absolutely worthless.

I came across this guy near my office who has his own family business with multi crores revenue every year and to my surprise he prefers only Suzuki/Honda vehicles (had Swift, Ciaz, Vitara Brezza and City). He said he doesn't want to waste his hard earned money on American/European junk which many only buy to show off (no offence intended, just using the words which he used).
I disagree with you on one point -> car is only for going from point a to point b.

A car is a passionate possession of a driving enthusiast.. We live to drive.. going from point A to point B,C,D doesnt matter. The "going" part matters..

So yes, infotainment, sunroof, digital clusters, electronic assists are very important to make the journey memorable and fun. I upgraded from polo MPI to virtus GT not just for the bigger space. I went for the extra airbags, the GT grunt, the 10inch screen, the cooled seats, the 8 speakers(although they are disappointing), the 8inch MID, the projector lights, the cruise control, the TPDS..

Each one of those are important and unavoidable when I drive solo for 5000 to 6000 kms in one major road trip per year.
Old 1st October 2023, 07:31   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalactone View Post

The Technologies like T-GDi/TSI, DSG/DCT etc feel nice to hear but they will never be reliable like a NA MPFi engine with a 5/6 speed manual transmission. With all that additional pressure on the engine Turbo Charged engines are bound to show much higher wear and tear on the long run compared to a NA engine. It's just simply the laws of physics.

he doesn't want to waste his hard earned money on American/European junk which many only buy to show off (no offence intended, just using the words which he used).
Not to take you on a personal note, but I completely disagree with you. Technology constantly improves and changes - that doesn’t mean it gets unreliable - in-fact it means the opposite - ease of use, more reliable and efficient. And Turbo chargers do not invoke any law of physics to get kaput faster!

Touch screens do not distract, they are easier to use than old knob and switch based systems, day or night.

Just because someone has a million crores, that does not make them passionate or knowledgeable about automobiles. In the end it boils down to personal choices.

Ditching American / European cars and comparing them to a different segment makers like Maruti Suzuki makes no sense. There are some really amazing and reliable American / European cars, just like there are some amazing Japanese / Korean cars.

I personally don’t think there’s a single amazing Maruti Suzuki car, especially because I rate safety as very important in a vehicle!

Last edited by Yesterdaysnews : 1st October 2023 at 07:34.
Yesterdaysnews is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks