Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2023, 11:34   #1

High-pitched noise from parked cars | Is it the ultrasonic rodent repellent device?

Hello Everyone,

There's a particular noise that emanates from a car (a '21 Creta) parked on the street that my house is on. I thought it was a one off case until I heard the same noise from an Amaze and from a parking lot (could not identify which vehicle). Upon discussing with a few people, they too mentioned they've heard this noise from parked cars in India and abroad. I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has heard the same sound and know what it might be. I've attached a link to YouTube with the noise in question from the '21 Creta.

I've found a few articles on reddit that claim this to be an anti pest kit but these kits emit sounds at frequencies beyond what humans can hear.

Axe7677 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 14:03   #2
BHPian

re: High-pitched noise from parked cars | Is it the ultrasonic rodent repellent device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe7677 View Post
I've found a few articles on reddit that claim this to be an anti pest kit but these kits emit sounds at frequencies beyond what humans can hear.
It may be the Ultrasonic Rodent Deterrent kit. I use them on all my cars and it does produce a very high-pitched whine of varying frequency which a few can hear (younger humans can hear these frequencies more than aged ones).
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 14:35   #3

re: High-pitched noise from parked cars | Is it the ultrasonic rodent repellent device?

Well first time heard of such an incident. Can also be one of the smaller segments doesn't shut down. This was an experience some years ago we faced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks