Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 13:59   #16

Re: Hyundai Creta 1.5L Diesel BS6 | 4 encounters & issues with the DPF

I have not faced any DPF errors in my G30 520d. I have covered total distance 9000 kms/ 1 yr. 80% in city - 20 kms everyday in Mumbai city peak office traffic. I fill up regular diesel at COCO pumps.
Old 2nd August 2023, 10:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

I own a 2021 Diesel Auto BS6 Creta. The vehicle has run only 10K kms in the last 2 years, predominantly short runs in Bangalore city traffic and rare highway runs (max 2 to 3 times a year). Keeping fingers crossed.

We have the habit of keeping the vehicle ON for AC during stops, will be mindful from now on.

When I gave the vehicle for 3rd service last month, I asked the SVC to check the DPF and they did a forced regen. The advisor said around 80% was the soot level in the DPF which is not high considering my usage pattern. This seems to be fuel consuming process as around quarter tank fuel was used when the car was given back to me.

I plan to do a forced regen every time the car is given for regular service/ repairs.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2024, 09:09   #18
BHPian

Looks like this thread is inactive for more than a year, which to me is a good sign!

I am planning to take a new Creta Diesel, wanted to take inputs from recent buyers on the DPF issue. A service technician in Hyundai told me recently that Creta Diesel still has DPF issues and showed me 4 new Creta's lined up in the service centre for this issue rectification. From his inputs, Petrol CVT has less power, Petrol DCT gearbox is not reliable. What should I buy now! Please suggest.

I have been a BS4 Crysta 2.8 AT owner in the past, a Fortuner owner twice including the BS6 2023 4x4 AT where I had no issues with DPF.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks