Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 15:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Are they checking only new cars or all the cars?
Old 19th February 2010, 15:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

It is for all the Fiat cars. Even "Live to Jive" says the same.
Old 19th February 2010, 16:39   #78
BHPian

This is that emailer from Fiat customer care.
Attached Thumbnails
The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-fiat.jpg  

Old 19th February 2010, 16:50   #79
BHPian

Yeah, I got similar mail from fiat. Its another good sign considering fiat is trying hard to improve its brand name in India.
Old 19th February 2010, 17:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
They had a 44 point checklist. .
Can you give the details of the 44 points? do they check the Cam Timing Belt condition & change? Engine Scan?
Old 19th February 2010, 17:22   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Attended the Pune camp !!
Excellent initiative by Fiat.
They had a 44 point checklist. Officials from Fiat were present greeting and meeting all Fiat owners. I had a nice long discussion with Mr.Ravi Bhatia. Mangesh Kodalkar of course was present.
Amogh,
Request details of your discussion please.
Are the niggles, rust issues etc being eliminated?
Old 19th February 2010, 19:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

I got a call few days before from VST motors regarding this but as i have done service just a month back not going.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:47   #83
BANNED

This Is what i saw in Todays TOI's Delhi edition .
Atlast , Fiat trying to be good in customer service
Attached Thumbnails
The great *Free Checkup / Service Camp* thread-fiat_service.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 00:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Free top up of oils, coolant & battery fluids!! Great effort by Fiat

I'm not a Fiat owner and i still got this mail Probably because i had once test driven the Linea once.
Old 20th February 2010, 08:48   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I'm not a Fiat owner and i still got this mail Probably because i had once test driven the Linea once.
Same here. I took a TD of the Linea & Punto. A good initiative by Fiat.
Old 20th February 2010, 13:05   #86
BHPian

Got my car checked up at Hind Motors , Mohali – Punjab and I must say that it was a very good experience and i didn't expect this from Fiat or a Tata Fiat dealer upfront.

Since I was early to reach the service station (9 am) there were only 6 cars before me. They had made a ‘pit stop’ kind of a thing for Fiat cars only and the service team converged like F1 pit stops. The service guys took not more than 10 minutes to top up the coolant, brake & steering oil. The exteriors and interiors of the car were visually inspected for loose or missing parts. It was then taken inside the workshop where underbody inspection and belts were tightened up. It took about half an hour to complete the job. The car went for a top wash and cleaning – it took another 20 minutes for washing, cleaning and mopping. On request they hooked the car to the examiner and deleted couple of errors. A tissue box was given along with the gate pass.

It took 90 minutes for the entire routine.

Awesome initiative by Fiat. For the first time (service wise) I felt special being a fiat owner.

Fiat should takes such initiatives often or may be atlest once a year.

Good job!!

Last edited by v12 : 21st February 2010 at 12:34.
Old 20th February 2010, 17:15   #87
BHPian

It seems it is single team of experts travelling all over. Would've been great if it was a simultaneous effort all over India, that would've given the hint that technicians at TATA-Fiat service centers are comptetent to undertake any kind of complex servicing. However, these initiatives do give a boost to a fledgling confidence of doubting thomases.

OT. A colleague of mine bought a Linea in Jan. He had a problem with the door not opening. He agreed that it was due to work done by upholstery fitter when he opened the door panel. Concorde at Kochi however replaced the motor mechanism (auto door lock) free of cost. As per his narrative, cost of this motor is some 10K.

So guys beware when you get the door panels opened for fitting extra or newer speakers or something.

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 20th February 2010 at 17:17.
Old 20th February 2010, 17:42   #88
Senior - BHPian

Do you need to register in advance or just walk in on those dates ?
Old 20th February 2010, 19:10   #89
BHPian

Got mine done earlier today at ABS Motors in Gurgaon. I check all my fluids every weekend myself so I just went there to get the free gifts. Anyways, their service was strictly average and in fact, the buggers managed to break more things than fix it. There was a pretty long queue of about 10 Fiats and another dozen Tatas but all cars were being serviced together in order of being received. The time from drop off to checking out the car in the reception bay was about 35 minutes. Since I have lost all trust for all stealerships around the world, I've made it a habit to double check everything myself so I asked the service adviser to pop the hood (bonnet). The guy yanked the hood lever so hard that the darn thing just came out right into his hand. In addition, I asked them if they could relocate the Blue and Me sticker to the bottom edge of the rear windscreen since it just obstructs my rear vision. A service helper was assigned to do the job. The dumb nut tugged at one of the strings that hold the rear parcel shelf for no apparent reason and it just unfastened itself from the shelf. LOL Fiat build quality at its finest! Buggers spent the next 30 minutes trying to fix things that shouldn't have broken in the first place.
I was pretty miffed at this point but calmly rushed through everything, gave them average ratings and headed home. A final scrutiny at my place revealed the magnitude of the washer boy/guy's untrained hands. The dude had left crappy streaks all over the roof so I had to spend an extra hour cleaning er up.

P.S.: The only plus of the entire experience was the presence of one of Fiat's senior engineers at the service center. He seemed pretty aghast at my mods on the rear bumper and kept persuading me to go back to the factory setup and even threatened that Fiat wouldn't honor any warranty repairs.

Last edited by khan75 : 20th February 2010 at 19:15.
Old 20th February 2010, 19:16   #90
BHPian

i just walked in. The best part is that they weren't refusing anyone. about 8 more cars lined up just after my entry. the service was being done in a synchronized manner. best time to go is at 8:30 in morning. they show reluctance to accept vehicles after 4:30 pmbecause of the load.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks