Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 18:09   #1
Team-BHP Support

VW Polo 1.8 TSI GTi | Problems after accidental repair from VW dealer

Thanks to Indrajeet for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
Hi,

This is regarding Volkswagen service.

Car details below:
Brand: Volkswagen
Model: GTI 1.8, 3-door (1 of 99 - limited production)

My car met with an accident and suffered frontal damage back in November 2021. After a wait of around 6-7 months, it was restored with lots of hassle. The billing amount was around Rs. 4.5 lakhs.

Since then, my car was throwing up different kinds of errors that came and went randomly. I dropped the car off at the service centre again. They took 10-15 days to diagnose the problem and said they had cleared the errors and fixed it.

The very next day, the same problem came up - errors popping up and going randomly. So again, I dropped it off at the service centre. After a few days of diagnosis, they gave me a quote for a replacement spare part costing around Rs. 35,000 which would solve the issue. I approved it and after a wait of two months, the spare part was made available. They said the issue was fixed.

However, the error kept on popping up as before. Frustrated, I dropped the car off at the service centre again and now, they have again given me a quote of Rs. 50,000 for a replacement spare part.

Sharing a post that was posted on Team-BHP when the car was crashed.
VW Polo 1.8 TSI GTi | Problems after accidental repair from VW dealer-1.jpeg

VW Polo 1.8 TSI GTi | Problems after accidental repair from VW dealer-2.jpeg
Aditya is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:18   #2
BHPian

Re: VW Polo 1.8 TSI GTi | Problems after accidental repair from VW dealer

It seems the service centre guys are treating you as a golden goose who lays off golden eggs whenever asked. In all likelihood those guys are replacing perfectly fine parts from your car and selling them at a discount in the used parts market. Get the car inspected at a good FNG and if the problem still persists then get rid of the car.
MBond007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 15:23   #3
BHPian

Is the the VW Service center in Bhubaneshwar behind OSL BMW?

The entire VW operations here is nothing but a circus with a bunch of clowns running it. I was there on the 22nd of March to get the washer / wiper pipe replaced which has developed a leak. As expected, they do not have the part in stock and ETA is approx 10 days.

Back in Nov, 2022 I had my Polo towed to the same ASS for a faulty starter motor (part under warranty). They did some jugaad fix instead of replacing the faulty part as they were unable to place the order for the replacement due to some technical issue at their end. After waiting for a week, I gave in and got the car back from them with the temporary fix.
anoop.u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 02:48   #4
BHPian

Indrajeet, it is really sad to see you go through this.

Having owned a GTI, I understand how special the car is. I would recommend you to get the car checked independently or through another service centre as well if possible.

Could you share some details of the error codes.

Do let me know if you need any specific help. I can reach out within the GTI community as well if required.

PS: I know the first owner of your car and he was also really saddened by the situation, back when the pictures of the car were posted originally.
omar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 17:42   #5
BHPian

That's really sad. Have you taken a second opinion? Can you obtain an obd scan report? I am sure there are members here who can find a clue as to what could be causing the issues ?

MaSh
Old 17th April 2023, 01:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

No description of the errors, no details about the accident, no idea about what has been done to the car. How many owners has the car gone through?

And why stick that tacky decal on the fuel filler cap?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks