Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 19:53   #16
BHPian

Re: Low air pressure | What could be the reason?

A similar incident happened to my Ignis. One tyre kept losing pressure but multiple shops could not find what the issue was. There was no puncture or any issue with the valve. Finally took it to Madhus & they did their magic and the problem went away. They removed the tyre from the alloy, rotated the tyre on the alloy(changed the mounting according to the marks on the tyre and rim) and did alignment & balancing. Not sure if the tyre was not seated properly previously but this somehow fixed the issue.
Old 26th December 2022, 21:48   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

One possibility could be that the valve pin is a little loose. Get it tightened at a puncture shop.
Old 4th January 2023, 12:45   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna sankar View Post
Iam having similar problem in my nexon with Bridgestone tyres. Run less than 10000 KMS. Only the rear left tyre looses 1 PSI every day. In soap test, no leak is dedected. But still i am loosing about 1 PSI every day only in that tyre. All other tyres hold the air pressure for more than a month.
I've had a similar experience with my Bridgestone tyre too. Multiple attempts to find the leak were invain until the tyre was completely removed and placed under water. There was a really minute leak in the seam of the tyre which was never found in the normal soap water tests. Manufacturing defect. Tyre replaced under warranty.
Old 25th January 2023, 15:38   #19
BHPian

Another reason that could be an issue and people have to mentioned is the type of valve. Did you get the valve in that tyre changed recently?

Sometimes mechanics on the roadside sell branded valves but they use the valves meant for slimmer and smaller tyres and not valves which are properly meant for our cars with bigger tyres. I had a mechanic install a TR438 valve in my tyre which caused air leakage when i was running my car but nothing when the tyre was pulled out to check. Installed proper TR414 valves and it went away. This is something to check^
Old 26th January 2023, 10:36   #20

Hello! A similar issue was faced by me some time back, I think the problem may be in the inlet valve of the tyre which leaks slowly, get it changed and always put a cap on. May help in your case too. Another one is if you've had more than a couple punctures repaired in that tyre. IMO repeated punctures are themselves a sign to change the tyre. Honestly, if I have any doubts about a tyre I am quick to change it rather than wait for bigger problems. And I rarely wait till the official "life" of a tyre gets over.
Old 26th January 2023, 10:57   #21
BHPian

I was having a similar problem with my bike. Even after getting it checked for puncture and changing the valve few times the problem persisted.
Taking it to a tire shop revealed that the bead was not set properly as dust and dirt has entered the seal of rim and bead of tire.
So they pop the bead, cleaned the rim and bead, used tire bead sealant and refilled the air. Problem solved.
You check if your bead is properly set.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks