Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2022, 23:07   #1
Team-BHP Support

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!

It's been a year almost since this thread happened. Most of us lost focus when issues reduced and left the thread, including me. I cancelled my booking of the Volkswagen Taigun and moved on to a higher budget and never bothered to check on this issue, assuming all is well.

Yesterday my attention was drawn to VAG because of this issue - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...16-months.html and a quick search for that issue on Volkswagen ended up giving me a totally unrelated shocker.

One year down the line, Kushaq / Taigun / Slavia customers are STILL getting stranded due to EPC issues.

Is this the heights of manufacturer apathy? Not being able to resolve a mass breakdown issue even post a full year?

Just the issues reported in these VAG 2.0 cars for the past month or so:

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224305_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_223843_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_223909_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_223931_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_223956_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224022_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224123_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224247_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224342_twitter.jpg

1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!-screenshot_20221212_224403_twitter.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (64) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 23:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
- It's been a year almost since this thread happened. Most of us lost focus when issues reduced and left the thread, including me.
- One year down the line, Kushaq / Taigun / Slavia customers are STILL getting stranded due to EPC issues.
- Ditto
- That's unacceptable. Meaning that they still don't know the cause or solution and were blindly replacing parts in a "whatever works" mode

What happens to these folks after their extended warranty lapses and the cars enter their 7th year ?

Their cars are good to drive but I don't think they're so exceptional for anyone to play with such risks, IMHO.
shancz is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 10:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!

Thanks for sharing, Crazy Driver! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to warn others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any noteworthy post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 11:31   #4
BHPian

VW should have moved out of India instead of Ford ! Not sure whats wrong with their QA or part quality that we see so many issues.
I have a 2011 Vento that belonged to my parents before. I have spent close to 2 lakhs to make it normal.
PreludeSH is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th December 2022, 12:09   #5
BHPian

This is worrisome from a car owner's perspective, on one side you have the perfect crash test ratings, good engines, sorted dynamics etc. and on the other side you have cars getting stranded! Hopefully these issues get rectified soon.
yesyeswe is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 09:56   #6
BHPian

I was about to take the plunge and replace my polo GT with Taigun GT just for that 1.5L+DSG combo. After seeing this thread, I am better off driving my polo that's been reliable so far and fun to drive.
Gurudatt28227 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 11:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
It's been a year almost since this thread happened. Most of us lost focus when issues reduced and left the thread, including me. I cancelled my booking of the Volkswagen Taigun and moved on to a higher budget and never bothered to check on this issue, assuming all is well.

Yesterday my attention was drawn to VAG because of this issue - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...16-months.html and a quick search for that issue on Volkswagen ended up giving me a totally unrelated shocker.

One year down the line, Kushaq / Taigun / Slavia customers are STILL getting stranded due to EPC issues.

Is this the heights of manufacturer apathy? Not being able to resolve a mass breakdown issue even post a full year?

Just the issues reported in these VAG 2.0 cars for the past month or so:
And the only "ray of hope", Mr Zac Hollis has been moved out to a different position. That leaves the customers again with doors (read dealers and the company themselves) which do not open even when knocked a 100 times. I am sure the mainstream "auto media" is purposely keeping quiet about this issue and hence not getting reported much.
shinuak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:47   #8
BHPian

Thanks for the timely thread. I am searching for a new car that will replace my Manza diesel and Taigun 1.0L AT was the frontrunner until now. I am fine with niggles except the ones that leave one stranded on the road. It's a pity that VAG 2.0 cars are still facing EPC issues. And it seems AC issues still persist. This is going off my list now.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 13:58   #9
BHPian

I am shuddering at the very thought that barely 2 days before I was to book Virtus and the Pandora’s box has been opened at Team BHP threads. This shows absolute disregard to the Indian customers by these European brands. I think high time the government of India gets involved here and takes them to task!
MDED is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 15:45   #10
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I would take social media and internet with a pinch of salt! There are all kinds of drivers out there, and as a population, we aren't really the most honest bunch either.

Yes, manufacturers take us for granted in India, but that's not limited to a specific manufacturer, all of them do.

For one, I have two Skoda/ VW, with the tarnished DQ200, none has failed so far. But if I was the read the online social chatter, it should have failed much earlier (probably even multiple times by now)

Octavia's battery - is almost for certain supposed to die before 2 years (based on online views), but mine survived 3+ years, and I changed it post 3 years just out of the anxiety that these reviews have created.

I bought a newly launched Samsung Phone once (day one pre-order), in about 30 days, the phone developed a chronic battery drain and overheating, which just won't resolve. I searched the internet and there were so many such chatter about similar issues, which got me to believe that a refund is the only way, this is a flawed phone. I raised it at highest levels at Samsung, and eventually after a month long back and forth, they agreed to just give me a new boxed phone. With no other option, I used it as I would and it went on for 4 years (and still my primary phone!).

Point is, these searches on the internet are skewed, you are looking for the issue, you will find it and since there has been publicity before, people will tag that always. We don't know the population of cars just doing fine, we don't know what and how the owners got into this.

Just the negativity of the internet spreads very fast, and we feed and spread it without our own experience on it. And of course, people's MBA will tell them case studies on how the competition uses this.

Just like 50% of the chaos in the Covid second wave was created by good Samaritans spreading whatever information they received. Some compiling all the junk received and completely confusing/ crippling the people who actually needed help.
SLK is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:04   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinuak View Post
And the only "ray of hope", Mr Zac Hollis has been moved out to a different position. That leaves the customers again with doors (read dealers and the company themselves) which do not open even when knocked a 100 times. I am sure the mainstream "auto media" is purposely keeping quiet about this issue and hence not getting reported much.
At least the doors have shut with a good "Thud sound".
Mainstream media has rarely been involved in showcasing after sales issues.
They usually cover new launches, sales numbers, sometimes brand recalls, but after sales issues have mostly seen light in forums and blog pages.
The mainstream media focuses on a different user group, where showing light on after sales issue would not bring much benefit in my opinion.
the.dogfather is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 17:04   #12
BANNED

Is this EPC issues only for Kushaq/Taigun or affects Slavia/Virtus also? Pardon my ignorance if it is too evident.
Old 15th December 2022, 17:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

The reports seem to be only on Kushaq/Taigun. Very few on Slavia/Virtus. Or have I missed those?
Old 15th December 2022, 17:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Is this EPC issues only for Kushaq/Taigun or affects Slavia/Virtus also? Pardon my ignorance if it is too evident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
The reports seem to be only on Kushaq/Taigun. Very few on Slavia/Virtus. Or have I missed those?
Since mechanically both Slavia and Virtus are nearly identical to their raised hatchbacks/siblings, it's natural that both these will have these issues too. I came across a couple of such instances in my close circle.

The total sales of Slavia/Virtus are relatively lower and hence that could be the reason for low reports.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 19:01   #15
BANNED

I have just booked the Skoda slavia, and now the EPC issue is here to dampen my spirits. I am buying a car after 13 years so am worried with these issues. Has anyone in this forum faced these issues in slavia/virtus? Or has anyone came across this issue in social media ? I don't want the new car's instrument cluster to light up like Christmas lights in the Christmas season.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks