Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2023, 09:40   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Whether your car is 2023 batch and whether it is 1.0 or 1.5L?
It's a 2022 batch 1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
See EPC and check engine light are not just for 1 particular issue, last time when the whole lot of cars faced this issue there were like 1-2 problems. There is a possibility that your car might have a different problem all together, and there is chance that it's the same issue. Keep us posted with the updates, hope the problem gets resolved soon and you and your car are back on the roads soon.
Thank you quick update the car managed to start in the morning but the EPC error still remains, am not driving it though the flatbed they arranged was supposed to come at 8.30am as of writing the post at 9.40 am still waiting for it, will keep you updated of the progress.

My only worry is that if the VW service here would just clear the error and not address the root cause and that might get get me stuck on my way back to Chennai and we really do not want to be stranded on the highway with a 3 year old.

How can I ensure that they clear the issue I don'tond leaving the car in Cochin and heading back and picking it up later or having someone else picking it up.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by graaja : 20th August 2023 at 09:50. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use multi-quote
al90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 19:56   #32
BHPian

Re: 1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!

Quick update: the car has finally been towed around 3.30 , but no updates post that, the vehicle has been towed to EVM Maradu Kochi.
My cousin checked the car right before it was towed and the EPC error on the console is gone completely, and the car seems to be running normally, am left scratching my head thinking of all the possibilities on why it happened, why it still shows EPC error in the morning and why is completely fine now???

Rang up the service center helpline the have told me that they would check and revert. So awaiting further updates from the service center.
Old 21st August 2023, 16:17   #33
BHPian

Update 3: As expected there was no update from the service center, i have not even got any message on the work or the progress of the work.

I have been following up on my own with them since morning, as of the last update at 4.00 they haven't even got the diagnostic report to know what the issue is, not very hopeful of getting the vehicle back from anytime today.
Old 21st August 2023, 19:39   #34
BHPian

Update 4: Finally with no updates decided to directly go to the service center EVM Kochi, found the car there with the battery hooked up , guess they were testing the battery condition, they told me that they have not got the diagnostic report yet. ( can someone tell me how or why it takes 4+ hours to get a diagnostic report ?? )
They job card was only prepared post 1.30pm even though the car has been at the service center since Sunday evening.
They also told me that they found traces of fuel in the engine oil and they suspect injector failure. Seems like they already have an intimation from VW for injector failure in certain models.( Why then could they not recall and replace the faulty injectors ? God only can answer? )

So long story short they have to open up and check the injectors and if need be, order replacements and they asked me if they can go ahead and clean the engine bay, I have said ok, they told me i would get an update tomorrow.
I will post a combined update of the experience once this saga is completely over.
al90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 20:09   #35

I have a relevant update to share regarding my Sept 2021 Taigun Highline AT.

Few days back I got a call from VW Indore & they notified me about fuel pump recall.

They said, company is replacing the fuel pumps in Taigun. So, please take your vehicle to the workshop.

Interestingly, after exact 2 years of purchase they are coming up with this. All this while what were they doing? Thankfully I never filled my Taigun with anything other than xp95 but what if I did & got stranded multiple times somewhere in a remote village.

I mean isn't it too late to do these things!?
I really regret missing out on the CBU T-Roc at 20lac ex showroom.
Old 16th October 2023, 13:53   #36
BHPian

EPC issue in Skoda Slavia 1.5 TSI DSG (Ambition)

Howdy! Members

As we all know Skoda infamous EPC issue in Kushaq under INDIA 2.0 ruined the experience of many buyers and now it is happening with Slavia too?

Was searching for Skoda slavia recent videos on Youtube and somehow stumbled upon channel named Sushil Kumar, according to title of the video uploaded (three videos), the person is suggesting he is facing EPC issue in 1.5 TSI (Ambition)

Disclaimer :

Not sure about the authenticity of the video. Neither I know the person nor he is related to me.

SOURCE:
https://www.youtube.com/@skumardr90/videos

VIDEOS UPLOADED:
1-
2-

CIAO
JDMBOI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 22:07   #37
BHPian

Last week I went for a quick pdi of our Slavia.While turning the car on in accessories mode( did not switch on the engine) among the many lights on the dashboard, I also noticed the EPC light. Should I worry about this? The variant is 1.0 Ambition. Please shed some light on the matter.
Thank you in advance
Mitadru
Old 8th January 2024, 01:11   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitadru View Post
Last week I went for a quick pdi of our Slavia.While turning the car on in accessories mode( did not switch on the engine) among the many lights on the dashboard, I also noticed the EPC light. Should I worry about this? The variant is 1.0 Ambition. Please shed some light on the matter.
Thank you in advance
Mitadru
The TRA mode is active in the car, it is a transport mode and is deactivated by the dealer before delivery, no need to worry. Check it at the the time of delivery, it won't be there.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks