Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 19:52   #16
BHPian

Re: 1-year up, but Skoda-VW EPC issues are still unresolved!

Do we know if only cars with 1.0 tsi are impacted or is it same on 1.5 ltr tsi too ? At least the taigun digital cockpit pics on this thread indicates only 1ltr tsi .
Gurudatt28227 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 20:17   #17
BHPian

It's really hard to trust internet nowadays. We have a lot of Tbhpians who have got themselves a Slavia/Kushaq/Taigun/Virtus. How about a poll about how many are facing the EPC issue?
RD150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 01:51   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
For one, I have two Skoda/ VW, with the tarnished DQ200, none has failed so far. But if I was the read the online social chatter, it should have failed much earlier (probably even multiple times by now)

Octavia's battery - is almost for certain supposed to die before 2 years (based on online views), but mine survived 3+ years, and I changed it post 3 years just out of the anxiety that these reviews have created.

Some compiling all the junk received and completely confusing/ crippling the people who actually needed help.
There are some serious flaws in your logic. Nobody is claiming failure rates of 100%. Just because you have not had this particular problem does not mean it does not exist. Just because you are not poor does not mean that wide spread poverty does not exist. There is a serious and well documented issue with EPCs of these cars, blaming the customers is just egregious and ignorant.

Crazy Driver has been a long standing member of this community and his post has value to all those people who are researching their next buy. Just because it is there on social media doesn't automatically invalidate it or validate it but ignoring them is also very foolish.

Last edited by RodRowdyBiker : 16th December 2022 at 01:53.
RodRowdyBiker is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 02:36   #19
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodRowdyBiker View Post
There are some serious flaws in your logic. Nobody is claiming failure rates of 100%.
Well, I just said, take it with a pinch of salt. I'm assuming you have some actual (not just heard of) experience with the issue to be posting here. Great if you do and then let's just stick to the facts.
Old 16th December 2022, 10:14   #20
HMV
BHPian

I’m genuinely curious to know how many of these owners filled the recommended fuel and got this issue. I’m not saying the issues are not occurring but I wonder how many actually stuck to the recommended fuel and still faced the issue. Fuel flap clearly mentions the recommended rating for the fuel. If one faces the issue even after using the recommended fuel, I feel, only then VW/Škoda should be responsible to replace fuel-pumps of those cars.

Last edited by HMV : 16th December 2022 at 10:17.
Old 16th December 2022, 23:51   #21
BHPian

Driving a car 1.5 Virtus GT, 3000km with only XP 95 no issues yet... Hopefully remains this way
Old 17th December 2022, 04:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Not seen too many EPC failure posts on Team
BHP after the early lot. So clearly it has been fixed. The fact is that there are petrol pumps who sell adulterated fuel and poor fuel does cause cars to stall. Would not be too worried unless we see member’s reports on the forum. Though of course, this thread could attract all those in the world who have a problem like moths to a fire.

Last edited by Hayek : 17th December 2022 at 04:21.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 10:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
- So clearly it has been fixed.
- The fact is that there are petrol pumps who sell adulterated fuel and poor fuel does cause cars to stall.
- Would not be too worried unless we see member’s reports on the forum.
- I believed so too.

- From a shallow read, EPC(Electronic Power Control) error isn't only caused by the fuel system. There could be other reasons unrelated to fueling as well ?
On the adulteration issue, what's stopping VW from publishing a list of EPC issues which were traced down to adulterated fuel ?
What I am not sure if they got around informing their customers about the min Octane fuel they recommend and its fallouts including the EPC, if it so happens.

- I was on a similar mental frame but of late some issues have come up where members have reported about other folks(not through the share page) who have been on the receiving end.
Just because it didn't happen to anyone of us means it didn't happen is something I don't agree with.
Although it would be good to have members who own these cars share their experiences.
shancz is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 10:21   #24
BANNED

Considering Skoda Kushaq 1.5TSI with DSG. Going through this thread and similar other posts online, which does seem alarming has put me in the rethinking loop again.

Have two queries wrt Skoda/VW EPC issues.

1. Is this only on Kushaq and Taigun. Do not seem much on Slavia, unless I missed it.

2. Is the EPC issue occurring on 1L engine vehicle only or on both 1L & 1.5L TSI versions?

Kindly advise.
Old 26th January 2023, 11:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Have two queries wrt Skoda/VW EPC issues.

1. Is this only on Kushaq and Taigun. Do not seem much on Slavia, unless I missed it.

2. Is the EPC issue occurring on 1L engine vehicle only or on both 1L & 1.5L TSI versions?

Kindly advise.
Exactly my questions!

I'm buying the Slavia 1.0 AT though. But yes the questions are pretty much the same.

Let us know.
Thanks.

Last edited by dr.aviansh : 26th January 2023 at 12:15.
Old 7th February 2023, 22:24   #26

I have Taigun in my list.. Does anyone know if the issue still exists?
vishjeeth93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 17:06   #27
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Not seen too many EPC failure posts on Team
BHP after the early lot. So clearly it has been fixed. The fact is that there are petrol pumps who sell adulterated fuel and poor fuel does cause cars to stall.
Me and dad have used 5 cars since 2000. Average running for each being 1L Kms, and these have been covered in varied regions of the country. Not once did either of these stall, and finding the right fuel pump was the least of our concerns. Clearly there are few deep issues, and Skoda/VW blaming it on the fuel quality, is just hiding behind a plain curtain.

Quote:
Would not be too worried unless we see member’s reports on the forum. Though of course, this thread could attract all those in the world who have a problem like moths to a fire.
I have seen a few members reports on TBHP of the EPC error. Here is one-https://www.team-bhp.com/news/skoda-kushaq-epc-problems-again-even-updated-pump
Old 20th August 2023, 01:26   #28
BHPian

It seems to be my turn bow to join the EPC club.

Finally encountered the dreaded EPC issue, we had travelled all the way from Chennai to Cochin for a wedding on 19th , filled up from an IOC outlet near my home in Chennai, drove all the way to Cochin and refilled on 19th afternoon, we drove about 20 kms, a good hour or so in Cochin traffic and reached Tripunitara, and that's when the EPC warning and check engine light came on, the check engine light went off in a few seconds but the EPC error remained.

Engine started losing power, did not pull on 3rd gear and even in 2nd gear wasnt going above 30km/hr, luckily we were right at the door step of my cousin where we were heading to when all this started. He too had a taigun, told be to turn it off and let the engine cool and then try again, vehicle started but same issue no power same EPC error. Meanwhile had called RSA who told me that someone will come to jump start the car, i tried telling them it's not an issue with the battery, but guess it's their protocol to first check the battery and then proceeded so wasted an good hour for that.

When the guy came we tried cranking again but this time the car wouldn't start at all, the mechanic called and booked a tow, which will pick up the car tomorrow morning.

2 years after the cars were introduced VW is yet to fix the issue.
VW should change it's tagline to ,"We keep you Safe but stranded"
al90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 08:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al90 View Post

Finally encountered the dreaded EPC issue, we had travelled all the way from Chennai to Cochin for a wedding on 19th , filled up from an IOC outlet near my home in Chennai, drove all the way to Cochin and refilled on 19th afternoon, we drove about 20 kms, a good hour or so in Cochin traffic and reached Tripunitara, and that's when the EPC warning and check engine light came on, the check engine light went off in a few seconds but the EPC error remained.

2 years after the cars were introduced VW is yet to fix the issue.
VW should change it's tagline to ,"We keep you Safe but stranded"
See EPC and check engine light are not just for 1 particular issue, last time when the whole lot of cars faced this issue there were like 1-2 problems. There is a possibility that your car might have a different problem all together, and there is chance that it's the same issue. Keep us posted with the updates, hope the problem gets resolved soon and you and your car are back on the roads soon.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 09:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by al90 View Post

Finally encountered the dreaded EPC issue
Whether your car is 2023 batch and whether it is 1.0 or 1.5L?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks