Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2023, 00:57   #46
BHPian

Re: VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars

@audioholic - I need some guidance on changing load on fog lights in my Slavia 1.5 Style (MT).

I have installed IPH M617 tricolor fogs (DIY job, might post tutorial if time permits) but after this, VCDS records "open circuit" error which was kind of expected.

A friend had helped in changing load for the LED reverse lights as it had started throwing error on virtual cockpit due to low wattage consumption (around 6W against 16W). That error is gone but I would like to do the same with the Foglight as well.

Mind you that the existing foglights are H16 (19 watt) wherein IPH M617 are around 32 watt each (Don't worry about double load, the wiring is more than capable to handle way more than what I am consuming).

P.S. Has anyone done something to fix the headlights? They are bad, very very bad
Old 14th August 2023, 20:31   #47
BHPian

I recently bought the cable from Moto Scan, and it is working fine after updating to 23.3.1. The software they provided was 21.9, which was not able to detect the car.

I did try out the HVAC mod and it is a boon! It has totally transformed the way the car cools down. Stock setting was Moderate: Normal air.

I am facing difficulties with the steering column mod, @Audioholic, do you happen to remember the SA code for it? The ones listed on Ross-Tech did not work.
Old 14th August 2023, 23:16   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by durvient View Post
@audioholic -
I have installed IPH M617 tricolor fogs (DIY job, might post tutorial if time permits) but after this, VCDS records "open circuit" error which was kind of expected.

A friend had helped in changing load for the LED reverse lights as it had started throwing error on virtual cockpit due to low wattage consumption (around 6W against 16W). That error is gone but I would like to do the same with the Foglight as well.
P.S. Has anyone done something to fix the headlights? They are bad, very
Hi, I haven't tweaked these settings so unfortunately, I don't have a solution. But I remember seeing an option to disable lamp diagnostics for each lamp so perhaps you can fiddle around in Central electronics adaptations. Also it would benefit if you could share the adaptation for reverse lights since someday I'm planning to change the indicators and reverse lights to LED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
I did try out the HVAC mod and it is a boon! It has totally transformed the way the car cools down. Stock setting was Moderate: Normal air.

I am facing difficulties with the steering column mod, @Audioholic, do you happen to remember the SA code for it? The ones listed on Ross-Tech did not work.
Good to know that the HVAC settings worked for you as well

For steering controller, IIRC the SA code was 19249 or 20103. I could change all adaptations and heck, even make the power steering work when engine was off Hope you aren't mixing the Steering column lock with the steering assist which is the EPS.

Can someone update what is the stock coding for evaporator temperature? I have forgotten how much it was after I reduced it to 2deg C and now currently running 3.5deg C which also works pretty good. And the long coding bit and byte this is configured. My VCDS 23.3.1 has removed many adaptation names and instead displays it as TNF XXXXXX which is impossible to decode

Long term update and fiddling with Amplifier config: Stock v/s Dynaudio: Initially I thought this was snake oil but recently I played some well arranged Tamil songs repeatedly swapping the amplifier config from Stock to Dynaudio and back and yes, there is an obvious difference. With music that has lot of elements, the difference is that these elements are heard better, punchy bass and also the higher frequencies are clearer. So I would take back my earlier stand that I did not feel a difference.

Last edited by audioholic : 14th August 2023 at 23:31.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 23:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hi, I haven't tweaked these settings so unfortunately, I don't have a solution. But I remember seeing an option to disable lamp diagnostics for each lamp so perhaps you can fiddle around in Central electronics adaptations. Also it would benefit if you could share the adaptation for reverse lights since someday I'm planning to change the indicators and reverse lights to LED .

Those options are in PQ cars, MQB's lamp diagnostic is bit complex, comes in name of "Load balancing" (not remembering exact string and address.

Anyways not a big deal as this error does not come on the cluster but rather stays limited to OBD errors only.
Old 16th August 2023, 15:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
For steering controller, IIRC the SA code was 19249 or 20103. I could change all adaptations and heck, even make the power steering work when engine was off Hope you aren't mixing the Steering column lock with the steering assist which is the EPS.
Thanks, 19249 did work, my installation had issues. Tried with a different laptop and it worked. If you don't mind, can you please DM me the whole list of adaptations you have done? I am unable to dedicate time to this with a baby at home
Old 16th August 2023, 15:45   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Thanks, 19249 did work, my installation had issues. Tried with a different laptop and it worked. If you don't mind, can you please DM me the whole list of adaptations you have done? I am unable to dedicate time to this with a baby at home
I had already posted the controller map for infotainment a few pages earlier. This has the entire adaptations summarized at actual new values. My infotainment system has the highest list of adaptations. The rest are quite less and I have already detailed that in brief in the beginning of the thread itself.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 22:45   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Two new things explored

DRL ON only in Auto mode - can be used if someone doesnt want DRL always on. This is a better alternative compared to the other option set which will turn off DRLs when hand brake is pulled. DRL is definitely an attention catcher even when vehicle is parked so it's not recommended to turn it off when handbrake is pulled. Instead this option turns it off when headlight switch is in OFF position incase the situation really requires DRL to be turned off.
VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars-img_8966.jpeg

Mirror folding by remote key only
Useful in my case because I hate the mirrors folding in and out every time I lock and unlock the car. Even though this feature could be turned off in the infotainment settings, there are situations where I want the mirrors folded and vice versa. Using this adaptation, the mirrors only fold if I long press the lock button after locking the car. Else it stays open. I will only prefer the mirrors to be folded when I park in a street or in a narrow area. Else I am okay in it being open to reduce unnecessary use of the folding motor.

Attached a video demonstrating the behavior:

VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars-img_8967.jpeg

Also I am attaching the channel map for 09-Central electronics which contains all the adaptations I have made so far for everyone's reference. Hope it is useful.

[ATTACH=adpmap-09-.pdf]2502615[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf adpmap-09-.pdf (650.5 KB, 337 views)
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 12:40   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Two new things explored

DRL ON only in Auto mode - can be used if someone doesnt want DRL always on....
This was a life savior. I activated the handbrake mode but didn't like it at all, in addition, it also exposed me to the road risk.

Activated this mod, this is what I was looking for.
durvient is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2023, 23:20   #54
BHPian

Has anyone figured out the codings for Urban Joke (Pace Lights front and rear)?
Old 7th October 2023, 21:18   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
Has anyone figured out the codings for Urban Joke (Pace Lights front and rear)?
Since the Slavia has a single indicator light at the rear and not a split indicator or reverse lamp, the only pace light mod I could do was to enable the mirror flashers to alternate with the front and rear flashers when the indicator was turned on. Looks somewhat cool, but not sure if it's going to make any noticeable difference. The two adaptations required for this are as follows:

VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars-img_9344.jpeg

VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars-img_9343.jpeg

Be careful not to choose the wrong Leuchte channel since this basically controls which light is mapped to which function. Before you do this adaptation take a picture of the adaptation channel so as to revert it in the future since there are tens of channels which allow similar adaptations.

Watch it in action here

Last edited by audioholic : 7th October 2023 at 21:36.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 11:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
B]Be careful not to choose the wrong Leuchte channel since this basically controls which light is mapped to which function. Before you do this adaptation take a picture of the adaptation channel so as to revert it in the future since there are tens of channels which allow similar adaptations.[/b]
True, the leuchte channels are pretty confusing. Figured that out while I was trying enable cornering headlamps. Took backup of changes that I've made so far.

I've seen those pace indicators where the actual indicator lights are disabled and the tail lights are paced in a sequence to work as the Indicator. People who had tried them noticed that the lights weren't bright enough for the roads. I guess it ain't worth the risk.

This change is pretty neat. I'll try it out. Kind of uneasy on the eyes with the light blinking out of pace. I guess it would serve better by grabbing that attention. Also, regarding the evaporator temperature target that you were talking about, how do we go about finding that? Does it help with the cooling?

These are all the changes I've done so far in case anyone is interested.

> Change number of blinks for lane change

Central Electrics (09) > Adaptation > Außenlicht_Blinker > Komfortblinken Blinkzykien >
Note: 3 is the default value and 5 is the maximum allowed number of blinks.

> Disable 80kmph speed warning & chime
Dashboard(17) > Adaptation > Vehicle Speed warning for India > Not Active

Note: Default Value is Active

> Disable 120kmph speed warning & chime

Dashboard(17) > Adaptation > Vehicle Speed warning for India > Seconds > Change the current value '120' to '250'

Note: Default Value is 120s

> Fan level Display in Auto A/C mode

Air Conditioning(08) > Long coding > Blower display in auto operation > activated.

Note: Default Value is Not-Activated

> Add Climate Menu in Infotainment Screen (Incomplete functionality)

Air-conditioning(08) > Long coding > Display via BAP > Activated.
Air-conditioning(08) > Long coding > Operation via BAP > Activated.
Multimedia(5F) > Adaptation > Vehicle function list BAP > climatic_master_0x01 > activated.
Multimedia(5F) > Adaptation > Vehicle function list BAP > climatic_master_0x01_msg_bus > Comfort data bus.
Multimedia(5F) > Adaptation > Vehicle menu operation > menu_display_clima_configuration > Activated.
Multimedia(5F) > Adaptation > Vehicle menu operation > menu_display_clima_configuration_over_threshold_hi gh > Activated.

Note :-- After above settings, Lock the car, wait for ~4 minutes and turn on car , so that the infotainment system reboot completely.
NB:- Not all buttons work/respond on climate menu. The ventilation buttons function only if AC control unit has version 0208 firmware.

Note: Default Value is Not-Activated

> AC Characteristic Curve:

Air-conditioning(08) > Long coding > Application Characteristics Curve > Cold Tuning, More Air

Note: Default Value is Moderate Tuning, Normal

> Steering Dynamics:

Steering Assistance(44) > Adaptation > Characteristic curve of steering assistance > Dynamic

Note: Default Value is Default/Comfort

> Throttle Response:

Steering Assistance(44) > Adaptation > Driving Profile Switchover > Direct, Controlled over threshold value

Note: Default Value is Incremental, controlled over time

>Cornering Lights:

Central Electrics(09) > Adaptation > Leuchte12NL LB40 > Light_Function_B_12 > Abbiegelicht links" [Default: "not active"]

Central Electrics(09) > Adaptation > Leuchte13NL RB3 > Light_Function_B_13 > Abbiegelicht rechts [Default: "not active"]

> Needle Sweep [WORKING]

Only works with the analogue tachometer.

Dashboard (17) > Long coding > Staging: change the value to "Yes" [Standard: "No"]

I tried coding the sports HMI for the 8 inch screen. However, it does not work. Off road display works but I don't see a use case where it would be helpful.

I use OBDeleven to change these. Make sure to note down the default values before changing anything.
Guppy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 19:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
I need some guidance on changing load on fog lights in my Slavia 1.5 Style (MT).
These are the leuchte channel for the fog lamps.

Left Foglamp:

Central Electrics(09) > Adaptation > Leuchte12NL LB40 > Type_Of_Load_12

Right Foglamp:

Central Electrics(09) > Adaptation > Leuchte13NL RB3 > Type_Of_Load_13

Hope you can sort out that error through this
Guppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 02:05   #58
BHPian

Quote:

Left Foglamp:

Right Foglamp:

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. This Leuchte channel is quite confusion so didn't want to touch randome ones.

I will report back after changing the values.
Old 17th October 2023, 00:34   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Left Foglamp:

Right Foglamp:

Updated new values (selected "allgemeine Gluehlampe 27w auch h15 tfl") and the errors are now gone.
Old 23rd October 2023, 19:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone figured out the codings for Urban Joke?
Thank you for this post. This is what got me curious about Urban Joke.

Quote:
This Leuchte channel is quite confusion so didn't want to touch randome ones.
Check this out for Urban Indian Joke and documentation for the Leuchte channels

This post. (VW Virtus - Tweaks, Mods & Adaptations using VCDS)

Hope you guys find it useful
PatchyBoy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed