Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: S-Cross feels very juddery & rough, even on smooth roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedguy View Post
But the third one which I feel strongly is "Axle Skewness" ..
How do you suppose Axle Skewness happens on an S-Cross rear axle?

@car-dent. Check if your shocks have gone stiff and all the rubber mounts for shocks and drivetrain.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 12:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
How do you suppose Axle Skewness happens on an S-Cross rear axle?
Couldn't get your question. Is it impossible to happen on S-Cross or what?
Old 2nd November 2022, 15:56   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavyagnik View Post
Does your car feel rough even when Idling? If yes, Tyres and suspension can be ruled out. the only thing moving when the car is standing still just idling is the engine. Then it could be the flywheel, the engine mounts, engine itself misfiring on one of the cylinders. However engine misfiring may be ruled out because you don't seem to have an engine check light. Also the service centre would have easily caught it.

If the car feels rough only while driving, then it could be the transmission mounts, the transmission itself, clutch, suspension components or tyres. You seemed to have taken the tyres and suspension out of the equation so might look at other components.
I totally agree with the gentleman if the car feels shaky even when parked then the engine is misfiring. In that case please get the fuel system and misfiring in the cylinder sometimes check engine light is not on when knocking is not very very high.

If the car feels jittery when driving and all the suspension and mounts (including the engine) are fine, then please check for the transmission mount and check for any kind of bend or kink in the rim/alloy.

Also, check if after the new tyre the tyre was placed properly with yellow and red dots aligned as per the specs (I had this issue and remounting the tyre helped), also did the Service guys check the bearings of the wheel hub?
ajs85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 00:57   #19
BHPian

My S cross 1.3 has also developed the same issue where the ride is far from being planted and I can feel the road surface literally. It is approaching the 1 lakh mark now

Tried correcting the alignment and maintained pressure of around 33. The service centre folks did some oiling, greasing work when I informed them of this and after that it has somewhat improved but overall the car certainly doesn't feel that comfortable.

Strangely, in my case as well I was told the sockers are fine. I checked this with 2 centers separately. But, to satisfy myself, I have asked them to order a new set of sockers and will be replacing the same during next service which is due in a couple of more weeks.

Will update if that fixes my issue.
Silent Buddha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 04:24   #20
BHPian

Can you please elaborate a situation of juddering and roughness. Maybe speeds, and where do you feel what.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding what you mean. Atleast to me it looks like a case of engine mounts going bad.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2022, 09:43   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Can you please elaborate a situation of juddering and roughness. Maybe speeds, and where do you feel what.

Perhaps we are misunderstanding what you mean. Atleast to me it looks like a case of engine mounts going bad.
I was about to ask the same question. Usually we associate "judder" with the clutch, especially releasing it while starting off from standstill.

Assuming OP means "wobbling" while moving, one thing that comes to my mind is the bushing for the trailing arm. A year back these bushes for my Santro were worn out and the car would wobble (I think vibrate might suit better in my case) too much above 70 KMPH.
Replacing these bushes did solve my problem
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
What else can cause this judderiness and rough ride quality that i should get checked?
At close to 1 lac kms, it is time for a Suspension Overhaul. Replace dampers, Lower control arms and Strut mounts and Link rods!
Old 29th June 2023, 11:26   #23

Hey everyone, I had bought a 23 year old used scross diesel 1.3 which had done 55,000 km and been using it for 3 months now. I noticed that when I start the engine after not using for 2 days there seems to be shuddering from the engine bay and a lot of smoke generated. This is my first diesel car and I've been told to expect higher vibrations and smoke as compared to a petrol. The smoke maybe because of the cold start, but is it normal for this juddering while starting. Once its started, after it I leave it in idle and switch off and start again the juddering is not felt that much.

Is this just normal for cold starts in the 1.3 multijet engine or does it have something to do with the mounts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks